John Miller Start packing your bags

MAJBobby

I feel like to light a fire under Miller, McBean pulled the longest of long cons - pretending that Vlad was actually good and might start. Their commitment to the ruse is astonishing - to the point of keeping a useless sack of potatoes on the roster, and when everyone in the free world is like "OK - we get it, you can stop now", but McD is still spouting "Those guys are going to to continue to battle" nonsense. Miller must really be thinking WTF, even more than the rest of us

Edited by stevewin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is embarrassing. Get a grip folks.

The guy who started the "Is Jonathan Williams Next" thread was told to get a grip too.

I'm not sure we can rationally predict what this management might or might not do.........

What group?[/quote

Buffalo Springfield "For What It's Worth" Step outta line, the man come, and take you away.

One of my top 5 albums.

Regarding Miller, is he moving from Amherst to Orchard Park or something? Only reason I can think of for a starter to pack his bags.

What group?[/quote

Buffalo Springfield "For What It's Worth" Step outta line, the man come, and take you away.

dammmm thats going back alooong way.

David Crosby and such>?? Stephen Stills?

ame="Bob in NoCal" post="4513268" timestamp="1504567292]

One of my top 5 albums.

Regarding Miller, is he moving from Amherst to Orchard Park or something? Only reason I can think of for a starter to pack his bags.

thank gosh he has been announced starter! Sean's weird mojo motivational styles?

Go John Miller!

Now get Dawkins developed at RT and we will have something.

anybody think sitting Glenn was smoke and mirrors as well to get Dion cross training ?

tune in same Bat time same Bat channel

Okay, late to the party here. Why do folks think Miller (despite being named the starter at RG) is going to be traded? I just don't see it. Yes, he was drafted by the previous regime, but he's young and cheap and has been a fairly solid starter for us. Thoughts on why he might be traded other than he was drafted by Whaley?

If an elite talent like Jonathan Williams can't make the team, what chance does an average starting OG have?

Keep telling yourself that there's "no anti Whaley vendetta in the works here" and it's not cronyism ... even though cutting Jonathan Williams is ANOTHER move that makes no sense ... even though Vlad Ducasse has never, ever been more than a bad right guard since his rookie season as a Jest ... even though "Zay and Trey" are "McDermott guys" ... Keep reminding yourself of the "important foundation statement" that Beane and McDermott have made while watching the crappy, boring play-not-to-lose-by-too-much team they put on the field this season and as long as they last in B-lo.

I've said before that McDermott seemed too similar to Dick Jauron to like him, and now I'm convinced they truly are soul mates. I can easily see mind-numbing 6-3/12-6 puntfest losses in the Bills future.

And multiple seasons of 7-9?!

The guy who started the "Is Jonathan Williams Next" thread was told to get a grip too.

I'm not sure we can rationally predict what this management might or might not do.........

McD referenced the ability to play special teams. What we don't know is if it had anything to do with JWill not wanting to play special teams. If it did, that would be a good reason for being cut. Edited by LittleJoeCartwright

I've worked under a new boss who methodically purged the group he inherited and which had some pretty talented and experienced people. Wanted his own guys/hires. He turned out to be a disaster and eventually got fired. Truth was he was paranoid and psychologically fragile. Felt he could only trust people who owed their jobs to him. I'm sure others have also seen this type before.

Sure hope thats not what is going on here because if it is we will be shipping them out and starting all over again in three years.

Same thing happened to me. Was brought in on job due to my analysis skill, analyzed customer bases at three different locations with widely different technologies and came up with a solution all were happy with when boss would be surprise to get two to agree so we could get future work. After we got contract big boss brought in new VP to head new division formed due to work. He replaces my manager with a toadie who decides to reorganize team into "wingmen" and I am saddled with a partner which would get cut in training camp. We could not accomplish "goals" (wingman kept promising more and more while doing nothing) and then I got laid off and wingman fired (I got two months severance with benefits). Found out 6 months later new manager fired and VP barely saved job.

I do not think this is a methodical purge of those who came before for they purged players they brought in as well but anyone not going along with script, unless costs too much to cut, is vulnerable.

Keep telling yourself that there's "no anti Whaley vendetta in the works here" and it's not cronyism ... even though cutting Jonathan Williams is ANOTHER move that makes no sense ... even though Vlad Ducasse has never, ever been more than a bad right guard since his rookie season as a Jest ... even though "Zay and Trey" are "McDermott guys" ... Keep reminding yourself of the "important foundation statement" that Beane and McDermott have made while watching the crappy, boring play-not-to-lose-by-too-much team they put on the field this season and as long as they last in B-lo.

I've said before that McDermott seemed too similar to Dick Jauron to like him, and now I'm convinced they truly are soul mates. I can easily see mind-numbing 6-3/12-6 puntfest losses in the Bills future.

Because a move makes no sense to you does not mean it makes no sense.

There is no cronyism here. Not just because they say so but because cronyism is dumb. There's no reason to think that's what this is. Especially when the likely reason is one of the obvious two. First, they have a ton more info on these guys than you. Maybe Miller is having trouble absorbing the system or is a problem at meetings, or maybe he's just doing worse than Ducasse when you throw in all the private practices. Second, when systems switch you often need a different kind of guy to get the job done, bigger, smaller, faster, more powerful ... whatever.

That's what's usually happening when somebody the fans like better is let go the year a new scheme is put in.

They'll likely keep both and play whoever's doing better.

Edited by Thurman#1