is jonathan williams next? - update: now cut

ronnieroscoe

@mikerodak

31 other teams passed on a player with a minimum-salary contract.

Like I said. There has to be something up with this situation. Drug suspension or conduct issue or something. Karlos Williams part II

@sigmundbloom

McDermott indicated that Williams lost out in BUF bc of special teams, that may keep him on street until RB injuries strike

That sounds like a cop out.

Like Shady plays special teams? If a guy is a solid talent ST won't be a deal breaker in making a team.

There has to be something more to it and McD is using it to keep the reason in house.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get the emphasis on special teams - I mean, a lot of games are won or lost through good/bad ST play - but maybe this is getting a bit ridiculous, given that it's also a partial justification for signing the hideous Joe Webb?

looks like other teams also expect their depth players to be able to play ST

Like I said. There has to be something up with this situation. Drug suspension or conduct issue or something. Karlos Williams part II

Like Shady plays special teams? If a guy is a solid talent ST won't be a deal breaker in making a team.

There has to be something more to it and McD is using it to keep the reason in house.

i don't get the comparison. Starters aren't expected to play ST. Depth players are.

Not the same with Shady being a starter who'll get the majority of carries. Williams will land on his feet with a job at some point.

I get the emphasis on special teams - I mean, a lot of games are won or lost through good/bad ST play - but maybe this is getting a bit ridiculous, given that it's also a partial justification for signing the hideous Joe Webb?

ST well until Danny Crossman gets McBeaned I have little confidence in the unit. How is that loser still coaching the Bills?

It's easy to fathom- much like WR there are a about 1,000 guys that are pretty similar once you get past the top half of the crop. Come this crossroad in preseason many teams go with the guy they know and the guy that knows their system and fit the scheme. The body types and skill sets aren't quite as rare as some positions though

That said, you can still let the wrong one go when choosing between two.