ronnieroscoe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That IS NOT what McD just said. But ok

I don't know what you think he said? The backup RB will change depending on the situation. Banyard will likely be Shady's rest backup, Tolbert or DiMarco will be brought in on short yardage situations. I expect us to pass the ball more this year. We were the only team to be above 50% in rushing frequency last year and I don't anticipate the current coaching staff continuing that trend. They're trying to modernize the team and thanks to Rex that basically means starting over.

Ok then , what did he say?

Your post suggested that Mike was made a promise and he did not need to earn a spot.

he was the first name after committe talk when who was going to be the backup for Shady.

But who cares as long as they do the right think and start Peterman all 16 nothing matter.

The point is asset management and talent development. Hanging on to and nurturing young, cheap players with an upside is how winning teams stay on top. And continually throwing away players drafted by previous regimes for older / on the downside vets is how you go 8-8 year after year.

JWill is the latest example of what the Bills do year after year. The frustration comes from fans who view Tolbert as a stop gap "culture" guy vs. someone who could continue to blossom. And Banyard as a 28 year old journeyman who has little chance of getting better in 2018, 2019...

Running backs don't develop. They depreciate.

Fans can't have opinions? Sometimes these opinions are correct.

Absolutely opinions are great, but when one has the opinion that they know NFL talent better that the coaches in the NFL they could have a promising future as a coach that makes a lot of money

he was the first name after committe talk when who was going to be the backup for Shady.

But who cares as long as they do the right think and start Peterman all 16 nothing matter.

So there was nothing said about Mike having an unearned spot in March.

Running backs don't develop. They depreciate.

Bupkis. There is no larger development curve than a guy going into year two. Now, I'd agree with you on 28 year old RBs, of which we now corner the market...

Edited by Lurker

Absolutely opinions are great, but when one has the opinion that they know NFL talent better that the coaches in the NFL they could have a promising future as a coach that makes a lot of money

It's not always a matter of talent with coaches leaning on familiarity or comfort over a more talented player and that sometimes leads to bad decisions that fans have every right to question.

You offer nothing to this message board. You're more emotional than my four year old daughter. It's really pathetic.

Seems to be the trend: Irrationally view the present through the lens of the past, hysterically react to each move made by the team as if they just traded 8 draft picks for Ricky Williams, broad brush label the entire FO and coaching staff as people who know nothing about football, and condemn them to failure before a single regular season game is played…

I tuned into the presser while driving, I had no idea Williams had been cut. And I don't really care to be honest...

I hope McBean have success but for the first time in 30 years of being a fan I really have lost interest in this team. This team is 3 years minimum from competing and I have finally lost interest in watching them fail. I'll still grab a December ticket for 25% of the face value (thanks diehard season tickets holders!) and watch on Sundays.

But as far as questioning why certain players are cut or traded, those days are behind me until this team is worth caring about. Good luck to the new regime, they certainly have a huge task in front of them.

Seems to be the trend: Irrationally view the present through the lens of the past, hysterically react to each move made by the team as if they just traded 8 draft picks for Ricky Williams, broad brush label the entire FO and coaching staff as people who know nothing about football, and condemn them to failure before a single regular season game is played…

It's always been the way, watching the apoplectic reaction to Jwill being dumped for a faster, better receiving and blocking guy is the latest example of this age-old pastime.

So there was nothing said about Mike having an unearned spot in March.

Research it is in multiple threads he sees his role as a HB a 3rd down Back in March when signed.