Dareus sent home for violating a team rule

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If McDermott was the Bills coach in the mid-80s, the Bills Super Bowl years never would have happened. His 'team rules' would have ended the Buffalo careers of Smith, Kelly, and Thomas before they began.

McDermott better figure out how to coach difficult personalities or he won't be around long.

Nobody pays to watch 'culture,' or 'the process,' or a 'system.' They pay to watch great players maximize their potential to make great plays to win games.

You can't let the inmates run the asylum. Some say. Do you think these constant screw ups would be tolerated in belichicks

system ?

After the penalties last week, I am very skeptical of McDermott. They say he is hard nosed and won't deal this this type of behavior, but does he really have a track record to show he will deal with this effectively?

He has zero track record as a head coach.

I'll be very interested to see if anything comes out about the team rule he broke. I'm guessing that there's good reason behind it.

Maybe it wasn't a serious violation, it could be that he just felt Dareus needed to have a message sent to him.

I like that McDermott is trying to instill some discipline in this team though.

He doesn't seem like a total hard ass dick head who's just going to scream and yell at the players for no real reason either. Or a control freak (Marrone type) who's going to set rules that really make no sense (like what color/type of socks to wear).

From what I can tell he seems understanding and caring, while at the same time not willing to tolerate nonsense.

He seems to be waking that fine line between players coach and disciplinarian pretty well, from what I've seen/heard anyway.

Still don't know what this rule is . Any enlighteners ?

They haven't said yet. May not although it will likely come out tonight or tomorrow. Chances are high he was late for a meeting. If it was something last night it wouldn't have happened/been learned at 5pm, they would have sent him back earlier today.

I hope it is for something like being late or missing a meeting. No more drug related incidents, please. We need Marcel, he is so talented. I really hope he can put it together for himself and our sakes as fans.

We really do, and we got some quality depth behind him. That can be a disruptive group on the DL

He isn't a leader at all. 6 yrs in the league and he is acting immature

Not all of them have to be leaders. Some you just keep out of their own way. Hopefully he nails the message here and we don't have such a key guy check out cause he's frustrated. It's a fine line sometimes.

i'm done with this giant sack of dog crap.

AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Julio Jones. All were there in 2011 at 3. Probably all future HOF's. It's almost a can't miss spot. We miss. We draft Fatass Dareus.

Haven't we seen what a WR with foot issues gets here?

Dareus is a great talent. We will see where this goes. It's early and could go either way. This could be him or the front office and he could react a wide variety of ways

@JaySkurski

Brandon Beane on Marcell Dareus: "Obviously a guy with his contract status, you would hope that he would be a better leader than that."

More Brandon Beane on Dareus: "Hopefully he learns from it and moves on and continues to be a Buffalo Bill." #Bills

Still "hopefully learning"?

That's fantastic stuff.

Edited by 4_kidd_4

Haven't we seen what a WR with foot issues gets here?

Dareus is a great talent. We will see where this goes. It's early and could go either way. This could be him or the front office and he could react a wide variety of ways

I hear ya. I've historically liked and supported Dareus. I wan't him to dominate. But man it's a struggle with him lately.

@JaySkurski

Brandon Beane on Marcell Dareus: "Obviously a guy with his contract status, you would hope that he would be a better leader than that."

More Brandon Beane on Dareus: "Hopefully he learns from it and moves on and continues to be a Buffalo Bill." #Bills

Translation: he is a good player so I'll find a way to ditch him. But we aren't tanking.