Telling comment by Sammy

ksm27

In today's LA Times, Sammy said the following about working with Rams QB Jared Goff: "The more reps you get with him, the more he can trust you and the more comfortable he is with throwing the ball to you, Watkins said. [its great] to have a guy that doesnt even look your way, just look the safety off and throw you the ball, because he depends on you to be at the right spot.

As compared to...

Edited by ksm27

In today's LA Times, Sammy said the following about working with Rams QB Jared Goff: "The more reps you get with him, the more he can trust you and the more comfortable he is with throwing the ball to you, Watkins said. [its great] to have a guy that doesnt even look your way, just look the safety off and throw you the ball, because he depends on you to be at the right spot.

As compared to...

....we'll never know how or if Sammy is frustrated that OBD did not pick up the 5th year......injuries are unfortunate part of the game, but I can't doubt (maybe I'm dead wrong) the kid's commitment to his team and the game while in Buffalo....certainly wish him the best in LA.....he can be a real force with Woods in tandem........

It's quite obvious the Bills are hoping to upgrade the QB position in next year's draft. Taylor works hard and does his best so I don't get all the bashing.

Because he sucks as a QB. I don't care he is a great guy, works hard, comes in first, leaves last blah blah blah. Bottom line, he isn't a good QB. He is nothing more than "Rudy". Loveable guy you want to root for, but just isn't good.

Way past time to get a Real QB in here. BTW this is TT's 7th year? Goff is just starting his 2nd and can all ready do this...

....we'll never know how or if Sammy is frustrated that OBD did not pick up the 5th year......injuries are unfortunate part of the game, but I can't doubt (maybe I'm dead wrong) the kid's commitment to his team and the game while in Buffalo....certainly wish him the best in LA.....he can be a real force with Woods in tandem........

Watkins-Woods-Kupp-Austin is a strong WR corps. If Goff takes "the next step," that second rounder we got might not be as good a pick as we were hoping. Still a big "if."

As compared to...

You're like the media. Taking a harmless quote and twisting it into something that it isn't. But hey, that seems to the be the way it works these days.

Watkins-Woods-Kupp-Austin is a strong WR corps. If Goff takes "the next step," that second rounder we got might not be as good a pick as we were hoping. Still a big "if."

They have the 2016 Buffalo Bills recieving corp without the run game and with a lesser qb. I am safe to assume that 2nd round pick is in the 30's.

...DEAD ON bud.......that corp looks pretty freakin' good on paper........no reason for me NOT to hope Sammy/Woods meld nicely......it is the nature of the game IMO....

If you can't imply from his statement that he's drawing a contrast to Taylor, then you're right - it tells you nothing.

2 or 3 weeks ago Anquan Boldin said the same thing. Matthews next week will say something similar, will you than concede Taylor is better than Wentz from that comments?

Because he sucks as a QB. I don't care he is a great guy, works hard, comes in first, leaves last blah blah blah. Bottom line, he isn't a good QB. He is nothing more than "Rudy". Loveable guy you want to root for, but just isn't good.

Way past time to get a Real QB in here. BTW this is TT's 7th year? Goff is just starting his 2nd and can all ready do this...

Here comes the hyperbole alert!! You can't have 3 times the TDs as turnovers and lead top 10 scoring offense both years as a starter and "suck." This is the kind of dribble and nonsense that has ruined this board and it's sad. If you want to say "limited" or "not good enough" you may be able to make that argument. "Suck" and "Rudy" are just not true. They are opinions that aren't true because facts say otherwise. Edited by Kirby Jackson

2 or 3 weeks ago Anquan Boldin said the same thing. Matthews next week will say something similar, will you than concede Taylor is better than Wentz from that comments?

Cool, please provide a link of the Boldin quote talking about how Taylor doesn't look and trusts that the receiver will get to the spot.

The word you're looking for is "infer."

You are correct.

Here comes the hyperbole alert!! You can't have 3 times the TDs as turnovers and lead too 10 scoring offense both years as a starter and "suck." This is the kind of dribble and nonsense that has ruined this board and it's sad. If you want to say "limited" or "not good enough" you may be able to make that argument. "Suck" and "Rudy" are just not true. They are opinions that aren't true because facts say otherwise.

Good post. And none of TT supporters have ever said different. We repeat ourselves due to the dishonest posting that never stops.

I think Goff will be improved due to coaching alone. McVay did a good job with Cousins in Washington. I don't think they are more than 7 wins good at this point though.

Cool, please provide a link of the Boldin quote talking about how Taylor doesn't look and trusts that the receiver will get to the spot.

You are correct.

Your are right Boldin did not say word for word the same thing. Watch the video after boldins first or second practice. He is talking about building trust and knowing where everyone is suspose to be at on the feild. To me that is saying the same thing a differant way.

Ahhhh...so far, Goff is a dumpster fire...............

Taylor may not be a franchise/elite QB, but that doesn't mean "he sucks". It's been discussed to death, but most fans agree that, had the defense been at least average these last two years, the Bills possibly win about 2 more games each of these last two years under Taylor, and seriously contend for a playoff spot. Of course, we fans want more than just a playoff birth (although we'd take it at this point), but to say that Taylor sucks is selling him a bit short, IMO.

Are you the same guy that claimed that the Bills with Matt Cassel would be like the Panthers with Jake Delhomme on the BBMB?

You're like the media. Taking a harmless quote and twisting it into something that it isn't. But hey, that seems to the be the way it works these days.

OP would be a hit at PFT. Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

Taylor may not be a franchise/elite QB, but that doesn't mean "he sucks". It's been discussed to death, but most fans agree that, had the defense been at least average these last two years, the Bills possibly win about 2 more games each of these last two years under Taylor, and seriously contend for a playoff spot. Of course, we fans want more than just a playoff birth (although we'd take it at this point), but to say that Taylor sucks is selling him a bit short, IMO.

I'd take a playoff birth or a playoff berth, either one!

Agreed though, we can make the playoffs with Taylor.

Then, once you're in, who knows what could happen?

As compared to...

Gotta be on the field for a QB to do that Sammy.....

Just sayin

Another nothing burger. Thanks!

You are so welcome!

Your are right Boldin did not say word for word the same thing. Watch the video after boldins first or second practice. He is talking about building trust and knowing where everyone is suspose to be at on the feild. To me that is saying the same thing a differant way.

Fair enough. My point wasn't meant to express surprise at a wide receiver saying nice things about a new QB - it was simply the fact that of the 1,000 nice things Sammy could have said, he mentioned what is widely accepted as Taylor's achilles heel. Nope, not scandalous; just an interesting tidbit during an otherwise boring week 3 of preseason.

Let's not annolnt Goff as the 2nd coming yet. Even though it was his rookie year, he was pretty bad last year. Maybe he should look where he is throwing it, 7 picks in 5 games.

It could be 'standard new wr talk.'

It could be a shot at Tyrod.

I'm not sure and I don't care.

We all know who Tyrod is as a QB and a maybe/maybe-not veiled criticism from Sammy doesn't change anything.

I'm just hoping Rico has developed an offensive scheme and playbook that effectively utilizes TT's strengths and avoids his weaknesses.

It's quite obvious the Bills are hoping to upgrade the QB position in next year's draft. Taylor works hard and does his best so I don't get all the bashing.

I don't either. He is an average starting qb and with a good team can help win some games....we have had far worse, and arguably may have had nothing better since Kelly (I know how hard and sad that is) but it may be the truth. I understand the people wanting a franchise #1 guy at qb...for Christ sakes it's been 17 years (dare I say 18 now?) However I truly don't believe the problem on the team is Tyrod like some believe, I think out of 22 starters on D/O, he ranks on the upper half of our roster. Maybe there is a finger to be pointed to other than TT? This is a team sport, with a cast of recievers TT has never thrown too, and the bottom half of other teams rosters,how could he succeed? Suddenly become Superman? they traded the reciever he had with chemistry with. When is the 2018 draft? Can't wait.. and for the love of God did you see the pass protection so far this year?