Does Stevie Johnson want back?

billspro

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another question to ask is whether Stevie would be a good fit with Peterman. Once the Bills are about out of it, probably by Halloween with this killer schedule, Peterman will be starting so he can get some experience and the Bills can find out whether they need to draft another QB next spring.

Granted last season Jones and Mathews we not on the roster,

Last season the leading Bills WR was Robert woods in 13 games had 613 yards 1 td

Number 2 was TE Charles Clay in 15 games 552 yards 4 Td's

Stevie Johnson in ten games 497 yards and 3 Td's. So you can argue if he played 3 games more to equal Woods games played he would have had more production then any WR on the Bills Roster.

So why would you not bring him in and kick the tires? Perhaps he just plays better in Buffalo. Assuming he looks good and you sign him for a 1 year deal your getting him for pennies on the dollar. Its a position of need take a look at all options right now.

His freelance route running will not fit this offense

You're probably right (actually, i pretty much totally agree with you), yet...

Would love to have Stevie back!

...this.

I'm all for bringing him in and letting him compete the last couple weeks. He was always a lot of fun to have in town (save the untimely drops).

Edited by thurst44

I have a different mentality. I don't have twitter so I never knew that he kept shouting out the Bills on his page even when he wasn't with us.

My mentality is of that, I want players who want us. I don't care if he's washed up as most of you say. I know one thing. He won't look slower than Boldin did.

Plus Stevie is a lovable person. I know the locker room will love him and he can mentor Zay.

Most of you guys say this season is washed up anyway but you're against bringing in Stevie which makes either no sense or, you REALLY believe we have a shot at having a successful season. If it's the latter, then I say, stop with the tank talk and let's get serious.

Yes, please. Nothing wrong with giving him a chance. Same as Boldin, yet to a lesser degree maybe, he'd be a good vet to help the young ones.

He's been the opposite- freelancing in his routes, placing himself before the team and not being a workout warrior by any stretch.... he's just an old guy, not a stellar influence like some vets.