Caption John Murphy trying to spin Boldin retiring

Spurna

John Murphy: He wasn't going to have a large role anyways. Everyone knows the preaseason depth chart doesn't mean anything.

Besides we get Jordan Matthews back, who is in elite company through his first 3 years.

The lockeroom has 100% faith in McDermott.

Donald Jones: You're right Murph. Everyone freaking out, people don't understand this is a process, it takes time. But as Marv said 900 years ago, if you listen to the fans someday you'll be sitting next to them.

Can someone (McDermott?) please tell us what the freakin' "process" is?! Is it really like the Sixers process of tanking to get high draft picks and build that way, no matter the suffering to be experienced before "The Process" yields results?!!

"The Bills were smart for kicking the Boldin tires. I suspect that Anquan looked around and didn't see much playing time with the core that has been been built and decided to move on."

And after the 1st two preseason games, he didn't see much good quarterbacking or winning and decided to "exit stage left"

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will spin it for you and Im as serious as a heart attack. He wasnt all in. He didnt seem too concerned about a ball that was intercepted right in front of him. He has lost a few steps. He is replaceable. The only thing is the Sammy trade. Although Im not one that thought Sammy with all his injuries was that good anyway I beloeve Beane when he said Boldin acquisition made it possible. Go find a replacement in the cuts and get some wins.

The whole Boldin signing and then retirement is clownish and another black eye for the franchise, but truth be told Boldin looked really slow Thursday night.

If Murph and Brownie were smart men they'd be honest -- the retirement surprised everyone; the team needs to move forward and will be looking for WR help after final cuts.

The JMS is brutal. I don't listen and when I do I realize why I dont

I think it is worse with Donald Jones than it was before because it becomes an echo chamber. They never disagree on anything. At least before when it was just Murph he was kind of obliged to have callers and or more guests on to avoid it just being his voice...... now it is Murph and Donald Jones agreeing for 3 hours that the Bills are doing great and everything is going swimmingly.

Id rather listen to him gnaw on a tremendous hunk of yancey's fancy for three hours tomorrow than hear the spin. Boldin wasn't going to do much for us this year, but his retirement is another chapter in the clown show this franchise has become. I hope for the best for McBean, but these guys seem perilously close to losing the locker room.

Do you mean the locker room that thought Marrone was too hard nosed and that Rex was too lax? I wonder sometimes what they are looking for.

Do you mean the locker room that thought Marrone was too hard nosed and that Rex was too lax? I wonder sometimes what they are looking for.

That's the one. No argument from me on your perspective, either. I just hope McBean doesn't befall the same fate as his predecessors.

John Murphy: He wasn't going to have a large role anyways. Everyone knows the preaseason depth chart doesn't mean anything.

Besides we get Jordan Matthews back, who is in elite company through his first 3 years.

The lockeroom has 100% faith in McDermott.

Donald Jones: You're right Murph. Everyone freaking out, people don't understand this is a process, it takes time. But as Marv said 900 years ago, if you listen to the fans someday you'll be sitting next to them.

We understand it's a process......but we would like to see some progress

On the show today he will say something along the lines of "well he was getting up there in age and looked a step slow out there." And then Chris Brown will say the Bills had concerns that Boldin wasn't going to see much playing time with the emergence of such and such receiver. All nonsense of course. If you see the boat sinking you are going to abandon ship. Boldin did what was best for him. Not worth getting killed out there for a bad team

I know I'll be in the minority here but I listen to their show everyday. My favorite is on demand since no commercials - just content - but obviously no calling in that way.

Certainly Murph is paid as his job to be upbeat about the team but he is a fan of the team, like us, and on air he was as shocked as we were with the Sammy trade.

DJ doesn't rock the boat as much and has some interesting perspectives being a former player.

As another poster said - everyday we are looking for info on our team and that show, and its guests, provide a 3 hour play every weekday.

As for the spin - he will probably say he "was looking forward to seeing Boldin but if he doesn't want to be here - then why would you want him to stay".

As for me personally - I wanted Boldin to want to be here - he did seem to be professional and that he would be great for locker room.

Flame away but I might not be back to my favorite website here until later today.

Remember when the bills trade Lee Evans and kept Donald Jones? I know Buddy Nix wanted to give Evans a chance to win, but the spin was Jones was better for Chan Gailey system. The same nonsense John Murphy and Brown try to spin on the show. Apparently Sammy might have been a bad fit in this system. REALLY? The same system that feature Andre Johnson and Demarius Thomas. To add insult to injury, to hear Donald talk about how unprofessional former players of the bills where is sickening. Receivers being late, barely in shape, scrubs from others teams coming and out working them in the weight room; just embarrassing. The trade of Sammy and Darby was stupid, Darby was the best player on the field Thursday night. Did everyone saw the Eagles GM face and how glowing Mayock spoke about the trade? Those are real football guys, not these clowns we have here

Id rather listen to him gnaw on a tremendous hunk of yancey's fancy for three hours tomorrow than hear the spin. Boldin wasn't going to do much for us this year, but his retirement is another chapter in the clown show this franchise has become. I hope for the best for McBean, but these guys seem perilously close to losing the locker room.

It's disheartening, but I wouldn't call it part of nya clown show. This is something that happens all the time, and even happened to the Patriots twice in the last three years, as a poster mentioned in another thread.