keeping an eye on Cardale

Commish

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the game. Bad news for him he going against Hawks. I don't know what Pete dies, but he gets his guy super psyched up for PS. Guys were flying around. But yeah, he looked bad.

At first I didn't know who he was because the Seattle announcer was calling him Kordell Jones. Once he said they got home from Buffalo I figured it out.

Watched some of chargers preaseason the other night. Sick curiosity of "that could have been us" with Lynn as coach and Cardale under center. I think Lynn would have started Cardale this year had they both been in buffalo

Watched some of chargers preaseason the other night. Sick curiosity of "that could have been us" with Lynn as coach and Cardale under center. I think Lynn would have started Cardale this year had they both been in buffalo

Out of the two LA teams, the Rams look to have chosen the right HC. Lynn was a decent OC, but he really doesn't give the impression that he is well suited for HC when I've caught his interviews over the last month.

Out of the two LA teams, the Rams look to have chosen the right HC. Lynn was a decent OC, but he really doesn't give the impression that he is well suited for HC when I've caught his interviews over the last month.

He seems kind of stupid to me... I doubt he lasts long.

Edited by T-Bomb

Are you saying Lynn fails the "eye test"?

Yep. Another great move by McBean.

When bozo Whaley picked Jones I just shook my head...he's awful.

The same thing will happen in 1 year when Watkins is hurt and Dez Bryant makes Darby look like a fool.

Meanwhile, we will have 6 picks in the first 90...

Boom.

I didnt understand the Cardale pick either, I recall Rex was gushing about his athleticism so i wonder if it was more of a "Rex pick". That is the type of attention seeking draft pick he would do. Cardale will never be a good starting QB unless they have a gimmick offense, he would be good in limited wildcat non-sense.

And if Watkins is true to form he will get hurt, or at least miss some games. I put the over/under at week 7 for him to miss.

When Yates had a bad game there were people complaining we didn't keep Cardale instead. This is why. As bad as your QB is there is always someone worse. I knew when we drafted Cardale it would be a wasted pick. God he's honestly the epitome of QBs I don't even think of drafting - "big arm," "plays big in big moments," "won a national championship."

I have a pet theory that Whaley's downfall as a QB evaluator was "Searching for a Bargain Basement Ben" (as in Roethlisberger). That seemed to be the pattern of guy Whaley - or whomever Whaley had as QB evaluator - was drawn to - a big guy with a strong arm "you can't coach size" "who looks the way you want your QB to look" etc.