keeping an eye on Cardale

Commish

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler alert, he still sucks.

Yep. Another great move by McBean.

When bozo Whaley picked Jones I just shook my head...he's awful.

LOL.

Just a mere few days ago saw some gnashing their teeth over why we let Cardale go...it didn't take long did it.

The same thing will happen in 1 year when Watkins is hurt and Dez Bryant makes Darby look like a fool.

Meanwhile, we will have 6 picks in the first 90...

Boom.

Because ppl in Buffalo are not that smart...

we like the potential we see in players, it's our only hope.

we used to be able to admire the power and talent and success on the actual field of Juice and Bruce and Kelly and Thurman.

some day our princes will come again.

Yet people wanted to start him over Tyrod just like people now want to start Peterman.

Legendary wisdom from I don't know how many coaches:

The most popular guy in town is the #2 quarterback.

Wow, that is a very hot take, Ktulu. In fact, it is wasted here at the bottom of a Cardale thread. A new and innovative take like this is clearly worth its very own thread, don't you think?

:D

Glad he's not the backup anymore. Just a bad QB. I had been trying to convince myself that maybe he'll develop into something good, but nope.

Who are you to think that you know what I live for. And I'm not sure that I ever or actually know how to gnash my teeth.

Good. It's a terrible habit and causes long term damage to your enamel.

Yet people wanted to start him over Tyrod just like people now want to start Peterman.

Exactly...Tyrod is light years better than Cardale. LIGHT YEARS. It wasn't close...yet all these "GMs" on this board who have a HIGHLY inaccurate assessment of Tyrod basically feel a bag of rocks is better than TT.

For the record, I do like Peterman as a prospect, but he isn't close to being ready to compete for the starting job. He had a couple of nice moments against mostly guys who wont even be in the NFL, yet he has not even come close to making a case for himself in camp to compete to start. Sure, he could play lights out from here on out potentially making a stronger case for himself, but he's so far shown lots of promise but nothing close to making a case to be the starter anytime soon. The kid would need to have a Russel Wilson or Dak Prescott type of Preseason and remaining camp to even get that convo legitimately started and so far he hasn't sniffed that kind of performance yet.

I do feel that if Peterman continues to show well in preseason then he will get a chance later in the year to play if Taylor hasn't done enough to show he should be the guy for the foreseeable future. I just can't see any possibility of Peterman ever starting barring injury until then, if at all this year.

Exactly...Tyrod is light years better than Cardale. LIGHT YEARS. It wasn't close...yet all these "GMs" on this board who have a HIGHLY inaccurate assessment of Tyrod basically feel a bag of rocks is better than TT.

For the record, I do like Peterman as a prospect, but he isn't close to being ready to compete for the starting job. He had a couple of nice moments against mostly guys who wont even be in the NFL, yet he has not even come close to making a case for himself in camp to compete to start. Sure, he could play lights out from here on out potentially making a stronger case for himself, but he's so far shown lots of promise but nothing close to making a case to be the starter anytime soon. The kid would need to have a Russel Wilson or Dak Prescott type of Preseason and remaining camp to even get that convo legitimately started and so far he hasn't sniffed that kind of performance yet.

I do feel that if Peterman continues to show well in preseason then he will get a chance later in the year to play if Taylor hasn't done enough to show he should be the guy for the foreseeable future. I just can't see any possibility of Peterman ever starting barring injury until then, if at all this year.

Pretty much how I feel. If Peterman looks great and Tyrod don't then put him in. I just Think it's a premature opinion right now.

No one wanted to start him over Taylor except when the Bills were out of the playoffs. But Peterman is already better than Cardale and is looking more promising than Taylor. But time will tell if he actually is better.

I still can't believe that guy was drafted.

Further to this, I still can't believe the Bills got anything in return for him.

I understand why he is drafted...physical gifts on a QB are always too much for teams to pass on.

But I am with you...can not believe we got anything more than a pack of gum for him. He has clearly never shown a single shred of being ready to play in the NFL yet...not in games, not in practice...nothing worth trading for. He's never even been a real consideration to compete to be a backup, let alone to be a starter. It was clear as day the Bills would cut him, no doubt. No way he was going to win the backup job, and the new regime just got their own guy in Peterman to work on. It was a really poor move on the Chargers who could have gotten him for free.

Big Kudos to Beane for fleecing the Chargers on that one. I know its not much in value, but if we got a bag of bagels for him we still would have won the trade considering it was almost a dead lock we would cut him or at the very least send him to PS.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I still can't believe that guy was drafted.

Further to this, I still can't believe the Bills got anything in return for him.

I'm not that surprised considering he was dealt to the team of his former offensive coordinator/HC. Wouldn't surprise me if Lynn pushed hard for the bills to draft him last year. Edited by Doc

No one wanted to start him over Taylor except when the Bills were out of the playoffs. But Peterman is already better than Cardale and is looking more promising than Taylor. But time will tell if he actually is better.

Thats not true...there were people here pushing for Cardale over TT during the offseason when there was still uncertainty if TT was going to remain in Buffalo after we hired McD.

Thats not true...there were people here pushing for Cardale over TT during the offseason when there was still uncertainty if TT was going to remain in Buffalo after we hired McD.

Maybe a couple people. But you can find a couple people to say anything, pretty much.