Bills trade Ronald Darby for WR Jordan Matthews, 3rd rd pick

YoloinOhio

Never seen multiple blockbuster trades like this in a long time.Just wow.

Bills basically traded a WR & CB for a WR & CB while losing a 6th and gaining a 2nd & 3rd.

Except we traded a game changing WR for a scrub.

The #Bills now have 2 1st-round picks, 2 2nd-round picks & 2 3rd-round picks in the 2018 NFL draft.

Great we are the Buffalo 76er Browns. Let's trade marcel for a third and LeSean for a fourth. When is the draft again ?

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Are you kidding? We now have:

TWO first rounders

TWO second rounders

and TWO third rounders

in next years draft?

We exchanged an undersized CB and an injury prone WR for some-what comparable counterparts. This WR had an amazing first 3 season in the NFL:

"Matthews is one of just five receivers to record 65 or more catches and 800 or more receiving yards in each of his first three NFL seasons along with Odell Beckham Jr, Mike Evans, A.J. Green and Randy Moss."

Matthews and Gaines are both FAs this year

This trade was all about the draft picks. I can't honestly say we are significantly worse as a team with Matthews and Gaines but those draft picks are going to be incredibly useful come the 2018 draft.

TWO first rounders

TWO second rounders

and TWO third rounders

in next years draft?

We exchanged an undersized CB and an injury prone WR for some-what comparable counterparts. This WR had an amazing first 3 season in the NFL:

"Matthews is one of just five receivers to record 65 or more catches and 800 or more receiving yards in each of his first three NFL seasons along with Odell Beckham Jr, Mike Evans, A.J. Green and Randy Moss."

If Matthews could catch, those numbers would be twice that.

He was their default #1 receiver and he was so bad, they loaded up in WRs this offseason and got rid of him.

Excellent trade for Phily.

He was their default #1 receiver and he was so bad, they loaded up in WRs this offseason and got rid of him.

As I say about the NBA - where even the worst team averages 85+ points - someone has to score and average 18-20 pts per game no matter how lousy they might be. With regard to Matthews, someone on that team has to catch the passes. Even the worst passing offenses have a 60+ catch receiver.

TWO first rounders

TWO second rounders

and TWO third rounders

in next years draft?

QB heavy draft - getting rid of Watkins I don't really mind but giving up Darby for Matthews kind of pissed me off. This made me feel somewhat better

As I say about the NBA - where even the worst team averages 85+ points - someone has to score and average 18-20 pts per game no matter how lousy they might be. With regard to Matthews, someone on that team has to catch the passes. Even the worst passing offenses have a 60+ catch receiver.

Bad team, good stats guy. He is a possession wr with questionable hands. Awesome.

I think it is. Darby is kinda undersized, really fell off last year, and you're getting a 3rd + live body for him. I like it.

Darby can play. Matthews isn't good. Let me ask you this: which organization is consistently better, Buffalo or Philly? I think we both know the answer to that.

Man...just think if Matthews could catch, he would average 130 receptions and 1,600 yards a year.

If he could just catch, he would be the greatest WR of all time.

Darby can play. Matthews isn't good. Let me ask you this: which organization is consistently better, Buffalo or Philly? I think we both know the answer to that.

I know. The Eagles would never trade Lesean McCoy and then trade him to Miami and cut a talent like Desean Jackson.

Matthews and Gaines are both FAs this year

1 year border line scrub rentals. This was all about picks and getting a QB next year. This year is gonna be tough to watch. smfh

I wish we wuda let Tyrod walk. at least he coulda started for another team that wanted to compete

TWO first rounders

TWO second rounders

and TWO third rounders

in next years draft?

I am coming around to this conclusion.. just shocked right now.

1 year border line scrub rentals. This was all about picks and getting a QB next year. This year is gonna be tough to watch. smfh

I wish we wuda let Tyrod walk. at least he coulda started for another team that wanted to compete

What are you talking about? Both of these guys were #1 on their respective teams... You are saying their #1 first stringers are '1 year borderline scrub rentals'? o.O

Edited by BillsFan692

Man...just think if Matthews could catch, he would average 130 receptions and 1,600 yards a year.

If he could just catch, he would be the greatest WR of all time.

I know. The Eagles would never trade Lesean McCoy and then trade him to Miami and cut a talent like Desean Jackson.

Different regime. The one in place now is good - and better than the one the Bills have. Jordan Matthews is a semi-rich man's David Nelson. He is not good, but as I say above, someone has to catch the passes, and since Nelson Aguilar can't catch, Matthews is the beneficiary by default.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-jordan-matthews-knee-issue-may-be-more-than-tendinitis

Bills 2018 1st first round pick should be top 10, 2nd 1st round pick be in the top 20.

Bills 2018 1st 2nd round pick should be in the top 5 and 2nd second round pick be in the top 10.

Bills 2018 1st 3rd round pick be in the top 10 and 2nd second round pick be in the top 20.

CAN WE PLEASE GET A DAMN FRANCHISE QB!

• Like (+1) 1