Unworthy HOF members

This isn't the Pro-Bowl. That's not how the voting works for the HOF.

So maybe he should have an asterisk that says *Not in HOF for statistical value

Ok smarta**, whatever the case. They still belong in the HOF, why are we even debating it?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for this year, Jason Taylor has no business being a first time ballot entry, he could have waited. In fact you could make a case that Jason Taylor does not deserve to be in the Hall of Fame at all.

Terrell Davis & Morten Andersen are not worthy at all.

Hall Of Fame members who should be booted out:

Joe Namath

Kevin Greene

Jerome Bettis

John Stallworth

Cortez Kennedy

John Randle

Can't think of any others right now.

Andre Tippett

I agree with every one on your list. I threw up when Bettis made it.

I didnt really agree with Curtis Martin either.

OJ's a disgrace and should be removed from the HOF.

This makes no sense to me.

The dude was one of the most amazing running backs of his time.

After shattering NFL records, he went on to do commercials for Hertz, before finding his way into the movie world.

He created characters in movies like "The Naked Gun" that were absolutely hysterical.

He thrilled us and made us laugh over for over twenty years.

The dude has ONE bad day and you want to kick him out of Canton?

you're off base with Jason Taylor and Andre Tippett.

Tippett was the 2nd most feared LB of the 80s after LT. He played the same style and was a force, just overshadowed by LT. 100 sacks for a linebacker is absurd and he was named to the 2nd team all 80s by the HOF.

Jason Taylor is one of the premier DE/LB of the 00s, in his prime no one was feared more because he could change the game with a strip, pick or sack.

139.5 sacks

775 tackles

46 forced fumbles

29 recoveries

8 int

9 td

1x DPOY, 3x 1st team All Pro, 2nd team All 00s team by HOF

Carter and Monk look worse now because of the explosion of passing in the game, but at the time they retired they were #2 and #3 in receptions and yards. That's a HOF'er

100 percent right about Tippett.

I also do not think Terrell Davis should be in. He had 4 good years, 3 mediocre years. He played on a team that chop blocked like crazy. I am always surprised how much support he gets.

TO should be in based on numbers alone but he destroyed locker rooms and was a terrible teammate.....I think it is fair that is considered. At times he made his team worse even with his immense talent. I do still think he should be in but that is the reason he is not.

Read the previous pages here and check out rhe postseason stats for Davis. Edited by dave mcbride

no offense to the old timers but a lot of those guys wouldn't even make a practice squad in today's NFL. bigger, stronger, faster. you can probably say the same about any sport though

Ok, but don't you'd think they'd be exactly the same as the guys today if they made enough to work out all off season instead of working second jobs?

Completely different eras, those guys made peanuts

Edited by matter2003

Kurt Warner absolutely deserves to be in the HOF.

Terrell Davis on the other hand...

I think that TD gets a pass because he was so dominant during his short career. It kind of reminds me of Gale Sayers. He only played in seven seasons with the Bears. His last two seasons, he only managed four appearances total. During his five good seasons, he only topped 1000 yards twice!

So, I think some guys get in because of their connection to Super Bowls and MVPs.

Kurt Warner should absolutely be in. he took 2 different teams to the super bowl. they weren't glamour teams either. the rams and the cardinals enjoyed probably the most success in their history with him guiding them.

Gotta agree - he helped revolutionize the NFL. Our pass-happy league is a product of the Greatest Show on Turf. Imagine what Dan Marino or Jim Kelly would be like in this NFL? Kurt Warner should go in as a contributor! Remember that funny grip on the ball?

Good discussion especially regarding Namath. I would say he is HOF worthy based on impact to the game's history.

Also agree Levy and Reed are better suited for Hall of Very Good than HOF. My animosity towards Marv is well documented on this board. Still he was very very good. My argument for Reed is they let Monk and Irvin in. Reed was more consistent and prolific than Irvin and more explosive than Monk. If you want to keep all three of them that would be a reasonable argument.

Agree on Aikman and especially Bettis.

As for Kennedy, Randle, and Sapp, these guys were as dominant as any DT in history.

Harry Carson is an East coast bias joke selection. Barely in the Hall of Good.

Also, I don't feel John Lynch is HOF worthy. I know he has a lot of ProBowls but so do a lot of other players like Reuben Brown. I just don't think Lynch was ever that great and certainly not in the category of Lott, Palamolu, Reed, or Woodson.

It seems that there are a few different ways to get into the HOF. They include statistics, achievements and awards, personality, notoriety, longevity, and contribution to the league.

It's usually a combination of these.

Terrel Davis's career stats are not great, but he is a good representative of the league.

Deion Sanders or Michael Irvin were pretty awful people, but gave the league notoriety and had great career stats.

Jerry Jones help to elevate the league to a new level of business investment.

Charlie Joiner hung around the league long enough to make all those catches, but never really had great individual seasons.

So, players get voted in for a host of different reasons.

...so should Owens be in or out?

In...in time. He was truly dominant. If you want to see his true value, consider the Phila vs NE Super Bowl. Tell me who wins if he's healthy? On one leg he was a starting WR in the Super Bowl! Sure, he was crazy, but he also racked up the stats. He was, along with Randy Moss, the dominant receiver of his generation.

So your criteria for being in a Hall of Fame is having won a championship. Half of those, if not more, in all halls should thus not be in. Give me a break.

News flash. Neither Cortez Kennedy nor John Randle won a championship. So consider yourself wrong.

In...in time. He was truly dominant. If you want to see his true value, consider the Phila vs NE Super Bowl. Tell me who wins if he's healthy? On one leg he was a starting WR in the Super Bowl! Sure, he was crazy, but he also racked up the stats. He was, along with Randy Moss, the dominant receiver of his generation.

....agree....but these sports urinalists have a way of venting their hissy fits by making guys wait because they didn't like them for one reason or another......Thurmal waited as did Monk, Andre Reed etc just to name a few....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

As for this year, Jason Taylor has no business being a first time ballot entry, he could have waited. In fact you could make a case that Jason Taylor does not deserve to be in the Hall of Fame at all.

Terrell Davis & Morten Andersen are not worthy at all.

Hall Of Fame members who should be booted out:

Joe Namath

Kevin Greene

Jerome Bettis

John Stallworth

Cortez Kennedy

John Randle

Can't think of any others right now.

only one I can really agree with is Namath. Greene, Kennedy, and Randle???? Really? If they aren't worthy I don't think anyone is.

I believe in big game on field performance matters

Dexter Jackson #HOF.

Namath was an average(maybe even below average) qb that's only known because of the guarantee.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

Statistics aside, players like Kurt Warner and Joe Namath changed the culture of not only their franchises, but also the NFL, which alone should get them in to the Hall of Fame. That is why players with superior statistics are not elected, they left no memorable impact on the game.