Manuel was not given the chance to grow

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2017/3/20/14988144/raiders-ej-manuel-not-given-chance-to-grow-buffalo-bills-i-know-what-kind-of-player-i-can-be

In this article, Manuel makes a good point. Take a read. Also glad to see him start Raiders camp as their number 2 ahead of Connor Cook.

Are we STILL talking about this bum? Let it go. The experiment with the project QB FAILED.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet every single person on this post a jelly donut that EJ Manuel is living in a converted garage

on the property of Doug Whaley, and they are both drinking Bud Light and complaining about how

they got screwed by the Bills.................

Who's first..............

Remember the day we drafted EJ, this stranger at the gym sees my bills shirt and says, "I'm a Florida state grad, EJ isn't any good". Reminded me of that old man from Friday the 13th telling the campers that this place has a death curse

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2017/3/20/14988144/raiders-ej-manuel-not-given-chance-to-grow-buffalo-bills-i-know-what-kind-of-player-i-can-be

In this article, Manuel makes a good point. Take a read. Also glad to see him start Raiders camp as their number 2 ahead of Connor Cook.

What can you say? It's true, he wasn't.

Not everyone does get their ultimate chance, and some are actively mishandled. I'm not sure where Manuel falls on that scale. Not as far towards mishandled as Losman does, IMHO.

It's easier to say he's raw than to admit he sucks.

Yup. And it's easier to say either one of those than to admit that we don't know for sure. We probably have a good idea about the guy, but there's always a chance we could have been wrong. No way to prove a negative in this case.

I personally kept thinking there was a chance right up till the end, but when he still couldn't show improvement near the end, it just became really likely that he wouldn't ever be a good one. But yeah, maybe if handled better. No way to know, and at some point you just have to go with the best guess.

Edited by Thurman#1

Garbage. He was an awful quarterback. He wasn't even a competent backup. There's no way to see it otherwise. You seize your own opportunities, they aren't given to you.

Weird article..the quotes from Manual are at least a couple months old..wonder if this guy wrote the original article cause there is no attribution that I saw in the article. And that is what interests me.(EDIT dummy me, just saw this article was from March 20..man we digging up some old chit here)

And I am one who would have like to seen EJ get his whole second season. EJ is one blown interference penalty against Robey as having one of the great comebacks in Bills history.

Edited by plenzmd1

I don't think that EJ was handled particularly well but he wasn't any good either. The team was worse with him on the field. Maybe he can reinvent himself as a competent back-up but I wouldn't count on it. He had opportunities, even over the last couple of years, to show improvement and he didn't. EJ however, handled himself with class and grace. I wish him the best. I like to see all former Bills succeed unless they are in New England.