Could Ragland be surprise cut of 2017?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played well tonight. Against backups but it's a start

Right. This **** is psychological sometimes, especially wit injuries that make u doubt your ability to perform on the field. Let the rookie get some Ws on the field within the game to get his confidence back up and hes gonna do well. I know it.

I couldn't get the game tonight, but I was glad to hear he had decent numbers and, more importantly, a chance to get into some live action to get his sea legs back. He hasn't played in a game in a year and a half. No promises, but I'd expect it to take a little time.

Reggie will be fine.

He hasn't played in over a year and a half

Coming of ACL surgery

New defense to learn

All things considered he did good in his first ever NFL game

Yeah. It was nothing special but it was good to see. It's embarrassing how quick people want to label players bust. Especially coming off an injury. And no Spot should be given to a player because of draft status. You need to earn it.

I thought he looked very slow and didn't have the quick decision making and first step that he showed in college and that he has to possess because he doesn't have the great foot speed. I have to think it's lingering affects of the injury.

He looked much better as the game moved on. Made a couple of nice plays in the backfield with one nice TFL.

Was slow, Range was not that great, missed tackles.

Does have good instincts.

a Very Blah performance against guys that will be bagging groceries in 3 weeks. Not what you want if you think he can play very well

If not for the draft status and name, he would have looked just like all the other 3s out there.

Edited by MAJBobby

Don’t jump to conclusions on Ragland

Much has been made of Gerald Hodges apparent move ahead of Reggie Ragland on the Bills depth chart at middle linebacker. After Thursday’s preseason game, head coach Sean McDermott helped paint the picture in terms of what Ragland is working against in his return to football.

“Reggie is a young player who is coming off of an injury and is only going to continue to get better. I thought he did some good things in the game tonight,” said McDermott.

he had one nice play where he flowed across the line to the backfield and TFL.

Got beat to the edge at least once.

Looked ok in coverage

Slipped on another run up the middle and recovered for a tackle but after the first down.

Two decent gains allowed where it looked like he was supposed be they guy there for the stop.

This was against the bottom of the opposing 90.

He has a looooong way to go.

Was slow, Range was not that great, missed tackles.

Does have good instincts.

a Very Blah performance against guys that will be bagging groceries in 3 weeks. Not what you want if you think he can play very well

If not for the draft status and name, he would have looked just like all the other 3s out there.

So? It was his first game. I guarantee you he is on the roster this year. He has to be given a chance to develop as a top draft choice.

According to reports he has yet to take a rep other than backup MLB. I suspect they would rather have a backup MLB that can play multiple positions like the others have been doing. Just like Cardale Jones, this kid has no ties to this regime and seems at least on paper to not fit the defense.

I never liked the pick, but was hoping he could push P. Brown out of a job. So far the best I can hope for now is P. Brown bounces back to 2015 form.

Thoughts?

Twenty-to-one shot, at best. Rather than cut him they'd trade him. They could get something for him. But more, he's a second-year guy who missed his first year, on a team switching systems.

It's just not likely to happen. They'll trade him or - most likely - keep him and develop him and see how things work out.

Edited by Thurman#1

he had one nice play where he flowed across the line to the backfield and TFL.

Got beat to the edge at least once.

Looked ok in coverage

Slipped on another run up the middle and recovered for a tackle but after the first down.

Two decent gains allowed where it looked like he was supposed be they guy there for the stop.

This was against the bottom of the opposing 90.

He has a looooong way to go.

i dont recall the person he was covering getting a single catch, basically you are saying anytime minnesota gained some yards and he was on the field it was his fault

i dont recall the person he was covering getting a single catch, basically you are saying anytime minnesota gained some yards and he was on the field it was his fault

My understanding also was that late in the game he led the team with tackles to his credit. Not an authoritative show of greatness, but a sign he was in on plays. He also slipped a couple of times and I'd try a new pair of shoes before panicking and cutting him.