Dareus tweaked hamstring, could miss camp time

Coach McDermott and Kyle Williams' comments about Marcell being in good shape as well as Waufle and Frazier saying he's bought in to what's wanted of him is all that we really need as feedback right now.

I didn't care to read through the likely-BBMB-esque 4 pages of criticism that likely consisted of some comments regarding pot, sailor hats, cap hits, lethargy, etc. Let's hope he heals up quicker than later, and move on with the expectations of a big year from him.

some fans aren't happy unless they're miserable and spread their misery to everyone else

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@john_wawrow

Doesn't appear Marcell Dareus (hamstring) will miss too much time beyond today. Just finished walking through a drill with DLs. #Bills

Honestly, let him rest a bit. No need to rush him back.

Feel this is a little bit of been there, done that with this guy. Either he's injury prone, or just lazy. Hope it's neither, but believe it's the latter.

some fans aren't happy unless they're miserable and spread their misery to everyone else

It's not spreading misery to everyone else. He has a history of off the field issues, and has admitted he hasn't tried his hardest. Dude makes millions (no, he's not Ko Simpson), no reason he shouldn't be giving it his all every time he steps in the gym, on the practice field and especially when its game time. I have zero respect for these guys who act like they are gods gift. Don't care how much talent you have, do the job and do it right. Same as I expect from anyone else.

Remember Roscoe Parrish..?. He made a lot less money. We shall see is my take right now. NO EXCUSES for this guy now.

Okay so because Roscoe Parrish, a tiny human being by NFL standards, was hurt frequently playing a position where he was hit regularly by much larger players, he is equivalent to Marcell Dareus, who plays a position where you hit people?

Am I following your logic properly?

Edited by JM57

fat pig. beat him with a sack of oranges and choke him out.

You regulars instead of fighting amongst yourselves you should be going after THIS guy...:)

Dear fam

I realize the situation with Marcel and the concern with injuries

I would just like to point out that he managed to stay out of trouble this offseason....which is a giant leap in the right direction.

I was at camp on Friday and walked right by Dareus. Literally two feet away. He was hugging a woman in a wheelchair while a friend took a photo. He had just left the field with a trainer. The woman said he looked like he lost weight, and he told her he lost 12 pounds. I'm nobody, but to me he looked like he was carrying his 290 or 300 pounds pretty damn well. He looked great to me.

In other news, Kim Pegula is way more lovely in person. Very attractive woman in all respects.

How much money has your athletic prowess netted you ?

You talking about the money that he and other fans shell out for tickets, hats, shirts, parking, lousy overpriced food, watered down beer, and anything else that makes owners and players rich? That money?

You talking about the money that he and other fans shell out for tickets, hats, shirts, parking, lousy overpriced food, watered down beer, and anything else that makes owners and players rich? That money?

No I don't believe he is talking about the money we spend to gratify ourselves, l believe he was referring to earrings from sports.

By all accounts MD showed up to camp in the best shape of his pro career.

... and he STILL can't make it through 2 days of camp???

What does that say, really... IDK...

... and he STILL can't make it through 2 days of camp???

What does that say, really... IDK...

McDermott has heaped praise on Dareus' attitude, preparation, and conditioning this offseason. If he wasn't doing everything that's being asked of him, I'm sure the new regime would not cover for him.

McDermott has heaped praise on Dareus' attitude, preparation, and conditioning this offseason. If he wasn't doing everything that's being asked of him, I'm sure the new regime would not cover for him.

...agree and that is a good sign if from McD...I think he'd throw his mother under the bus......Ritchie turned it around so why not Dareus?......

Possibly. I'm not that familiar with McDermott, however a new HC talking up one of his core players who has had issues both on and off the field is not anything unusual.

They're stuck with him, good or bad, and both sides know it.

I hope he can stay on the field plays well this season.

No I don't believe he is talking about the money we spend to gratify ourselves, l believe he was referring to earrings from sports.

Which comes from the fans. Who spend their money on tickets, etc. Which ultimately pays player salaries. Which gives fans every right to be critical.

Which comes from the fans. Who spend their money on tickets, etc. Which ultimately pays player salaries. Which gives fans every right to be critical.

It is not a requirement, it is not a tax. If you find it objectionable don't do it. By your logic we should all resent any entrepreneur or in this instance any entertainer for making money.

It is not a requirement, it is not a tax. If you find it objectionable don't do it. By your logic we should all resent any entrepreneur or in this instance any entertainer for making money.

So basically what your saying is professional sports teams should be immune from criticsm. That anyone who critcizes them isnt a fan and/or should find something else to do. Am I getting this right?

So basically what your saying is professional sports teams should be immune from criticsm. That anyone who critcizes them isnt a fan and/or should find something else to do. Am I getting this right?

No, what I'm saying is you are criticizing capitalism. You, me, athletes, anyone are paid according to what their value is.

Can a DL tweak his hamstring if he's properly stretched out and warmed up? Just asking.

Add a proper diet and exercise to that, and add the qualifier "in practice" and the answer should be no. Always boggles my mind to see the "top athletes" in the country getting injured doing mundane drills.

Do you tell the cop that pulls you over you pay his salary too ?

It's pretty clear what I asked the other poster.

Almost 2/3 of the NFL's revenue comes from TV. National broadcasts (which the Bills don't play on too often) being the greatest source of revenue. I believe sponsorship is another big chuck of the NFL's annual revenue.

Ticket sales (from 8 home games) for the Bills is a relatively small part of their overall revenue. I believe they only make like just under $50M per season in ticket sales IIRC. That barely pays, what, 1/2 a dozen guys maybe.

They get far more from revenue sharing (Buffalo got $244M in 2016, which I believe is 2/3rds or more of their total profit) than the sale of tickets and Bills merchandise combined. Actually, I believe officially licensed merchandise is part of that revenue sharing. So really, other team's fans are probably paying as much towards the players salaries as we are. lol

I totally get what you are saying, and I totally agree that us fans have every right to complain about the team that we give unwavering support every year (through almost 2 decades of mediocrity).

But let's be real - Pegula pays the players salaries, and if not for the revenue sharing Ralph Wilson fought tooth and nail for, the Bills would probably be in trouble.

I totally get what you are saying, and I totally agree that us fans have every right to complain about the team that we give unwavering support every year (through almost 2 decades of mediocrity).

This is all Im saying. Edited by Billsmovinup