The Ravens Will Struggle in 2017

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they got rid of Ozzie, I would fire Bean in a second for him.

I'm not saying they should fire Ozzie, just that he's more to blame for the problems there than Harbaugh. If they're trying to make a drastic change it should start with him. The talent on the team just isn't all that good right now, in no small part because his last few drafts have been subpar. The Flacco contract is also a big reason so he would be my next choice if we're playing the blame game.

More realistically they should probably focus on trying to find Flacco's replacement while keeping everyone else on board. That's what I would do anyways.

I'm not saying they should fire Ozzie, just that he's more to blame for the problems there than Harbaugh. If they're trying to make a drastic change it should start with him. The talent on the team just isn't all that good right now, in no small part because his last few drafts have been subpar. The Flacco contract is also a big reason so he would be my next choice if we're playing the blame game.

More realistically they should probably focus on trying to find Flacco's replacement while keeping everyone else on board. That's what I would do anyways.

They also been really good for a decade and some of their players are just getting old and Flacco isn't an elite qb to make up the difference.

I still believe Newsome is one of the best talent evaluators in football.

teams lose players. sometimes that happens. it's not all on flacco. it's the most important position and to have the consistency at that spot is worth every penny of his deal.

he's been consistent alright.... consistently middling and underwhelming.

did anyone actually think that was a good deal back when it happened? hell, i even think ozzie was wincing at the thought of it when it was getting done. like "ah crap, this guy just messed around and got us a title. now we gotta pay him"... excluding a 4 game stretch in 2012 the guy has been average to slightly above for his whole career. downright bad at points.

They also been really good for a decade and some of their players are just getting old and Flacco isn't an elite qb to make up the difference.

True.

They haven't been the same since Tyrod left...

No but really, Flacco's post SB-run contract hurt their ability to retain key pieces as well.

Hmmm...

@RapSheet

#Ravens coach John Harbaugh told reporters he's been in contact with Colin Kaepernick this summer. There is interest. Depends what Kap wants

This is interesting. Given how the NFL has been so brutally desperate to get Kap signed somewhere, the Ravens better come up with a damn good reason if they don't ink him.

This is interesting. Given how the NFL has been so brutally desperate to get Kap signed somewhere, the Ravens better come up with a damn good reason if they don't ink him.

Seems like just the opposite to me with no team wanting to deal with the associated distraction that he brings.

Seems like just the opposite to me with no team wanting to deal with the associated distraction that he brings.

I was referencing the countless articles on NFL.com. It seems like every other week there is a new article about him: what he still brings, who should look at him, why aren't teams looking at him, he can win it all!!

Funny how you don't see those articles about RGIII, and Kap is every bit the crappy quarterback that RGIII is.

I was referencing the countless articles on NFL.com. It seems like every other week there is a new article about him: what he still brings, who should look at him, why aren't teams looking at him, he can win it all!!

Funny how you don't see those articles about RGIII, and Kap is every bit the crappy quarterback that RGIII is.

Gotcha, but RGIII is far worse.

RG3 threw 2 tds and 3 INTs last year and gets hurt every game. CK threw 16 tds and 4 INTs last year. But yeah, they are exactly the same.

Word here in Baltimore is that Harbaugh's gone with another playoff miss. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

If that happens the Bills should speak to him say "take a year off, rest, recharge and we will make you the highest paid Head Coach in the league in 2019."

I'm only semi serious... I do like the McDermott hire.... but I love John Harbaugh. I think he is a brilliant, brilliant, brilliant football coach.

Edited by GunnerBill

CK threw 16 tds and 4 INTs last year. But yeah, they are exactly the same.

I didn't say they were exactly the same. I said Kap was every bit the crappy quarterback that RG3 is.

When you're unemployed because you suck, how much you suck is irrelevant.

Edited by LABillzFan

That would be a massive mistake. They should sooner get rid of Ozzie and Flacco.

I like Harbaugh a lot, but this is his 10th year as HC of the Ravens, and that's a long time. A fresh start may end up being best for everyone.

That would be a massive mistake. They should sooner get rid of Ozzie and Flacco.

I think Ozzie deserves firing more than Harbaugh. He simply hasn't drafted well enough the last 5 or 6 years. I'd keep both of them though. 2015 was a 1 off with all the injuries... other than that their "bad" years are 8-8.

@eric_edholm

John Urschel figured it out. Play 3 years. Earn pension. Fall back on career in spectral graph theory/matrix algebra.

More guys should try.

Leodis tried in the offseason after his third year and although his contributions to spectral graph theory propelled the field to new heights, he got fired for repeatedly watching Keanu Reeves movies and waiting for math scenes that never happened.

Lets be honest. Kaep is great for the NFL. He draws attention to the league. Look at a sport like baseball. No one cares about it anymore because there are no story lines. The games biggest stars are boring faceless guys. Regardless of what we might think of Kaep, he brings the league attention. Any media attention is good attention.

This was always Kaep's best shot of getting back in. Wait for a vet team with a vet starter who gets injured and nothing serviceable behind.

By the way.... can we now finally put to bed any idea that Ryan Mallet is a viable NFL Quarterback? He sucks.

This was always Kaep's best shot of getting back in. Wait for a vet team with a vet starter who gets injured and nothing serviceable behind.

By the way.... can we now finally put to bed any idea that Ryan Mallet is a viable NFL Quarterback? He sucks.

Only when Bill from NYC says so.

If he wakes up one morning and realises that he'd just be going through the motions, that's equally damaging to the team.

Once retirement crosses your mind, it's typically a sign that you should walk away.

I think about retirement all the time.

I'm unfortunately not a millionaire and being only 35....I haven't saved up enough money to retire.

Ravens window has closed. They will stumble along and try to regain old glory, but at the end of the day they need to think about rebuliding.

maybe they will finish worse than the Bills and draft one of the QBs the Bills will want.

If he wakes up one morning and realises that he'd just be going through the motions, that's equally damaging to the team.

Once retirement crosses your mind, it's typically a sign that you should walk away.

This. Life don't work perfect. It probably wasn't an easy choice for him to make.

The coverage of Baltimore possibly signing him is disturbing. ESPN all over it they better sign him or they'll be raysis

I don't want them to sign him. I don't want to hear about this crap again all season long. Can't we just enjoy football?

If they do sign him, tell him to save the politics for the offseason and don't address it during the season.