I'm hoping Peterman really have a good camp

Peterman is going to be a long term top end BU in this league. That is his ceiling IMO.

Here is how i see it shaking out

Keeping 3

Starter - TT

BU - Yates

3rd - Peterman

PS - Jones

Keeping 2

Starter - TT

BU - Yates

PS - Peterman

Now here is the kicker. Best chance for Jones to make this roster is if Peterman beats out Yates for the BU spot.

Seems like a waste to keep 3 QBs on the 53 and have Cardale on the practice squad.

I don't think Cardale makes it in any kind of way.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that this is true. If Peterman gets to #2 than they may just kick Yates to the curb and PS Cardale. If TT goes down you can just add Yates back.

I'm going to be furious if they keep Yates. It would just show TBG is another spineless coach. TJ Yates can be picked up at any time. His best skill is he knows the playbook. Keep him for camp and then get rid of him.

Even if it's not to keep Jones, pick up a talented guy another team cuts. I'm sure Yates is a great guy but he brings very little to the table.

Now That's Funny....... You can hope for popgun peterman to suddenly gain arm strength all you want . The is the same peterman that couldnt hold his college position , Sorry he is a wasted draft pick. We could of had starting calibre Safetys / Corner backs drafted . This regime is a joke, Carolina drafting has been hit or miss for the past 8 years

Edited by liverpoolkev

Now That's Funny....... You can hope for popgun peterman to suddenly gain arm strength all you want . The is the same peterman that couldnt hold his college position , Sorry he is a wasted draft pick. We could of had starting calibre Safetys / Corner backs drafted . This regime is a joke, Carolina drafting has been hit or miss for the past 8 years

this is trying far too hard...as usual for you.

I'm going to be furious if they keep Yates. It would just show TBG is another spineless coach. TJ Yates can be picked up at any time. His best skill is he knows the playbook. Keep him for camp and then get rid of him.

Even if it's not to keep Jones, pick up a talented guy another team cuts. I'm sure Yates is a great guy but he brings very little to the table.

This is 100% where I'm at. I see zero value. It's like having an extra roster spot because he will be sitting at home in October if he's cut. You can just call him and add him back if necessary. I don't believe (at all) that he gives you a better chance to win than the other 2. I'd rather see a guy like Brandon Tate or Logan Thomas make the team.

I truly believe Cardale is a grower and not a shower... Yes, that may sound incredibly gay to some, but I couldn't find a more analogous comparison for his football aptitude.

"Showers" like TT might hang big and fluffy in TC and practices, but they simply don't rise for big games... I think Cardale is just the opposite... I truly hope he gets a shot at proving it to Dennison.

Seems like a waste to keep 3 QBs on the 53 and have Cardale on the practice squad.

I don't think Cardale makes it in any kind of way.

...2 on the active and 1 on PS is probably the end result....the other guy(s) will probably be sitting home on the couch waiting for the phone to ring anyway..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Can I replace my Quote below with this and your name for future sake. Nate is going to be a beast.

Your entitled to your opinion

You're relying on 5th round starting safetys and corners?

If Cardale doesn't show he's progressed from last season I don't think he's worth keeping around. He might be a gamer but ultimately he still has to show he's progressing otherwise he won't develop the physical skills he's been blessed with which would then make me okay keeping Yates around to maybe help develop Peterman.

Then your back ups will be a true rookie and a very, very raw 2nd year guy.

Unless Peterman tears it up in camp, Yates will be on the roster....better get used to it.

Unless Peterman tears it up in camp, Yates will be on the roster....better get used to it.

I think CB's point is (and he and I share a similar view) why bother with Yates? He doesn't give you a better chance than Peterman right now. Neither guy is lighting it up. If Tyrod goes down, Peterman finishes the game and you sign Yates (or Hill or RG or whomever) on Monday. If Yates gets cut his most likely destination is his couch. You can add him back (or another veteran) at any point.

There's a massive gap from him to the guy that's next. Yates stinks, Cardale is wild and Peterman has no arm. My guess is that Peterman moves into that role at some point though. He throws on time and is intelligent.

I heard that the front office hired Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr to work with Peterman and Cardale on some top-secret project.

I think CB's point is (and he and I share a similar view) why bother with Yates? He doesn't give you a better chance than Peterman right now. Neither guy is lighting it up. If Tyrod goes down, Peterman finishes the game and you sign Yates (or Hill or RG or whomever) on Monday. If Yates gets cut his most likely destination is his couch. You can add him back (or another veteran) at any point.

It all depends on Peterman.

If Peterman showcases himself, that makes Yates expendable.

Yes if Yates gets cut, he might go to his couch. But if one of the 31 other back up QB's in the league gets hurts at camp....Yates would probably get a call.

I actually think Peterman might look really good in camp.....just a hunch

I have the same hunch.

I am with you. Not saying I want Yates on the roster but unless one of the young guys BEATS him out he will be. I understand why Kirby and CB would give ties to the young guys but I very very very much doubt Dennison shares that view. Yates gets ties.

It all depends on Peterman.

If Peterman showcases himself, that makes Yates expendable.

Yes if Yates gets cut, he might go to his couch. But if one of the 31 other back up QB's in the league gets hurts at camp....Yates would probably get a call.

From the sound of it Peterman is already at a Yates level. I guess that it may protect the young guy's mental state but the team wouldn't have a better chance to win with Yates. If by some weird scenario Yates signs elsewhere, are we any worse off with Shaun Hill or RG3 or Ponder or Whitehurst? Edited by Kirby Jackson

From the sound of it Peterman is already at a Yates level. I guess that it may protect the young guy's mental state but the team wouldn't have a better chance to win with Yates. If by some weird scenario Yates signs elsewhere, are we any worse off with Shaun Hill or RG3 or Ponder or Whitehurst?

How about Peterman because our franchise QB for the next 15 years and we win 5 Super Bowls?

Let him be our Tom Brady.

Cheers!

How about Peterman because our franchise QB for the next 15 years and we win 5 Super Bowls?

Let him be our Tom Brady.

Cheers!

I'm in, where do I sign?

I'm hoping that the Bills only keep 2 QBs with Peterman as the #2. I'd rather use that roster spot on another receiver or corner. If the spot is going to someone like Vlad Ducasse than I don't care. That's like picking between a kick in the groin or a punch in the face. It sucks either way.

The Bills have some competition where the "first guy out" made end up being every bit as good as the "first man up." Safety is a good example. Is anyone confident that safety number 5 is any worse than safety number 3 (or even Poyer for that matter)? I'd rather keep a guy that may emerge than keep a Yates or a Ducasse that we already know stink.

I'm in, where do I sign?

I'm hoping that the Bills only keep 2 QBs with Peterman as the #2. I'd rather use that roster spot on another receiver or corner. If the spot is going to someone like Vlad Ducasse than I don't care. That's like picking between a kick in the groin or a punch in the face. It sucks either way.

The Bills have some competition where the "first guy out" made end up being every bit as good as the "first man up." Safety is a good example. Is anyone confident that safety number 5 is any worse than safety number 3 (or even Poyer for that matter)? I'd rather keep a guy that may emerge than keep a Yates or a Ducasse that we already know stink.

While I tend to agree, I do like having a vet that knows the playbook at qb... I don't have a strong opinion on Yates, but generally someone that's thrown even 1 live bullet makes me feel much better. (Though I buy that I'd rather lose out than win 5 with Yates)

While I tend to agree, I do like having a vet that knows the playbook at qb... I don't have a strong opinion on Yates, but generally someone that's thrown even 1 live bullet makes me feel much better. (Though I buy that I'd rather lose out than win 5 with Yates)

See the other thread so that we can argue over that :)