Let's get ready... 2017 BOLD predictions

NFL: The Chargers interim "small" stadium at the Stub Hub Center is overwhelmingly popular with fans and the Chargers pull out of their original plans to be co-tenants with the Rams in Inglewood. They will build their own small stadium in...San Diego.

Bills: The Bills and Patriots will have identical records on Saturday, December 2, 2017.

Due to an incredible run of injuries and league suspensions for a variety of offenses, the Chiefs end up with the worst record, giving them the #1 overall pick...which belongs to...

ah, forget it, this is the Bills, that's insane, not bold.

I thought it relevant.

Holding McCown's record against him when he literally started on some of the worst teams in the NFL in those years seems a little unfair.

So to your original point (without derailing the thread) do people use Tyrod's 15-14 record as a feather in his cap or to knock him down a peg?

McCown has been the type of veteran stop gap that a lot of teams have employed while grooming a young guy. He's a high end back up that can play a few games if necessary. Foles is becoming a guy like that. The problem (or good thing depending on your team goals) for the Jets is that he is their best option. He's competing with 2 young guys that stink. It's an odd predicament and depth chart. They will be picking early in 2018 though.

NE Dallas Superbowl

Buffalo once again misses the playoffs, in fact has trouble matching Rex record. A cordinator is fired and some fans still think Tyrod is better then anyone drafted. 2018 once again no playoffs and this staff gets fired.

2019 New GM dumps Tyrod before the draft and goes all in on drafting a QB in 2019. 2020 Bills finally get a wild card and break the longest loser streak In sports.

Edited by xRUSHx

NE Dallas Superbowl

Buffalo once again misses the playoffs, in fact has trouble matching Rex record. A cordinator is fired and some fans still think Tyrod is better then anyone drafted. 2018 once again no playoffs and this staff gets fired. New GM dumps Tyrod before the draft and goes all in on drafted a QB in 2019. 2020 Bills finally get a wild card and break the longest loser streak In sports.

lots of tyrod chatter in here. not surprised! love you rush!

lots of tyrod chatter in here. not surprised! love you rush!

Sure, love you too.

Someday maybe after 17, 18, 19 seasons this team will realize it's nothing without a franchise worthy QB. Other teams backups are just not good enough, if the QB isn't fixed the team isnt going anywhere but home to watch TV for the playoffs.

Sure, love you too.

Someday maybe after 17, 18, 19 seasons this team will realize it's nothing without a franchise worthy QB. Other teams backups are just not good enough, if the QB isn't fixed the team isnt going anywhere but home to watch TV for the playoffs.

or, or...the majority of us know we're stuck with tyrod this year, and will still look for a qb, and have just decided it's not worth talking about over and over and over again, especially because he's not as terrible as he's made out to be by some. by some i mean you.

or, or...the majority of us know we're stuck with tyrod this year, and will still look for a qb, and have just decided it's not worth talking about over and over and over again, especially because he's not as terrible as he's made out to be by some. by some i mean you.

Yeah just me man. History tends to repeat itself in Buffalo. Hey I made my prediction the thread asked for and it's not one the Tyrod clones will like but I really don't care. I will watch in the stands and hope for him to be better but will expect a Chan/Fitz type era. Go Bills Edited by xRUSHx

Sure, love you too.

Interesting take. Have a look at the following. One of these offenses went to the superbowl in the last 3 years:

Passing:

1) 454 Att, 287 Cmp, 63.2% Cmp%, 3,250 Yards, 203 YPG, 20 TD, 42 Sacks, 242 Sack Yards, 7 INT

2) 465 Att, 295 Cmp, 63.4% Cmp%, 3,343 Yards, 209 YPG, 23 TD, 42 Sacks, 257 Sack Yards, 9 INT

3) 474 Att, 286 Cmp, 60.3% Cmp%, 3,036 Yards, 190 YPG, 17 TD, 46 Sacks, 214 Sack Yards, 7 INT

Rushing:

1) 525 Att, 2,762 Yards, 5.3 YPC, 20 TD, 172.6 YPG, 9 Fum, 2 Fum Lost

2) 509 Att, 2,432 Yards, 4.8 YPC, 19 TD, 152.0 YPG, 9 Fum, 2 Fum Lost

3) 492 Att, 2,630 Yards, 5.3 YPC, 29 TD, 164.4 YPG, 11 Fum, 3 Fum Lost

Care to venture a guess on who's who?

Yeah just me man. History tends to repeat itself in Buffalo. Hey I made my prediction the thread asked for and it's not one the Tyrod clones will like but I really don't care. I will watch in the stands and hope for him to be better but will expect a Chan/Fitz type era. Go Bills

Yeah just me man. History tends to repeat itself in Buffalo. Hey I made my prediction the thread asked for and it's not one the Tyrod clones will like but I really don't care. I will watch in the stands and hope for him to be better but will expect a Chan/Fitz type era. Go Bills

What? Huh?

What? Huh?

I think that was right before the board went down for like 4 hours.

NO! I will not have this thread becoming another Tyrod battleground.

My bad GB. I just can't help myself sometimes. I do think the question I posed is valid, but I understand it isn't relevant to this thread.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

So to your original point (without derailing the thread) do people use Tyrod's 15-14 record as a feather in his cap or to knock him down a peg?

McCown has been the type of veteran stop gap that a lot of teams have employed while grooming a young guy. He's a high end back up that can play a few games if necessary. Foles is becoming a guy like that. The problem (or good thing depending on your team goals) for the Jets is that he is their best option. He's competing with 2 young guys that stink. It's an odd predicament and depth chart. They will be picking early in 2018 though.

Both. Especially when he's 14-14.

McCown is underrated, imo. He can play.

Both. Especially when he's 14-14.

McCown is underrated, imo. He can play.

Yeah, I guess you can count the game that they ran a trick play on the 1st play of the game (which he technically started) as nothing. That doesn't feel like adding to your agenda. We can pretend that the Bills didn't thrash the Colts that game.

Either you didn't know that happened or you are trying to strengthen your agenda. Either way it's a bad look.

Last question, if you could start McCown or Tyrod who would you take?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Yeah, I guess you can count the game that they ran a trick play on the 1st play of the game (which he technically started) as nothing. That doesn't feel like adding to your agenda. We can pretend that the Bills didn't thrash the Colts that game.

Either you didn't know that happened or you are trying to strengthen your agenda. Either way it's a bad look.

Here's the Box Score of the game in question, FWIW. http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400791541

Bold Prediction: Bills beat the colts by more than 13 this year.

Brady tears Achilles, Bills win AFC East, McDermott uses the word process 4,300 times during regular season in PC's, Gillissie fumbles twice in opener and gets benched, Gilmore plays like the vagina that he is and is rated the worst FA sighting in 2017, TT and Sammy get long term contracts with the Bills 💵

That was the game TT didn't start and threw a handful of passes up 20, right?

I know what happened. I don't make the stats. Take your greivance to PFR and their "agenda."

Tyrod. But McCown is underrated.

I know what happened. I don't make the stats. Take your greivance to PFR and their "agenda."

Really? You're going to make an issue of this? Tyrod DID start that game -and is the QB of note in that game. He is undeniably considered the winning QB of that game.

It was the game where TT is literally the only QB with any credited stats for the Bills.

Really? You're going to make an issue of this? Tyrod DID start that game -and is the QB of note in that game. He is undeniably considered the winning QB of that game.

Chandler can you delete all this inane Tyrod back and forth from my beautifully crafted Bold Predictions thread, pretty please? Otherwise I will cry myself to sleep and hold you lot responsible. :cry:

Chandler can you delete all this inane Tyrod back and forth from my beautifully crafted Bold Predictions thread, pretty please? Otherwise I will cry myself to sleep and hold you lot responsible. :cry:

I'm sorry. I take it all back. I think McCown is firmly in the 20-29 QB category. At his best, stop gap QB that can hurt you. At his worst, backup.

I'm sorry. I take it all back. I think McCown is firmly in the 20-29 QB category. At his best, stop gap QB that can hurt you. At his worst, backup.

I think the point is that this is supposed to be a light-hearted thread about making bold predictions. It's not a thread where debate/arguments typically ensue - mostly because people stay on topic.

Not a grievance but we have always applied common sense to the record here on TBD. No one is arguing that Cassel is 1-0 in a Bills uniform. We've operated on the premise that game falls to Tyrod. He threw every pass in the game and finished with a 123.8 rating and a 94.8 QBR. He was 14-19 for 195 and a TD. That Colts defense isn't very good but 10.3 yards per attempt is strong.

We can pretend that game doesn't count or we can apply common sense to the discussion. Anyone using 14-14 is doing so to avoid 15-14. I would feel pretty confident that if they lost that game you'd be using 14-15. That's the point.

I think the point is that this is supposed to be a light-hearted thread about making bold predictions. It's not a thread where debate/arguments typically ensue - mostly because people stay on topic.

OP mentioned not wanting the "TT debate," specifically. But your concerns are duly noted.

Superbowl: Houston vs Detroit. Ends up being the lowest viewed Superbowl in NFL history.

The Jets do not get the first pick in the draft.

Tyrod plays exactly the same as last year, the defense improves to be ranked #3 and the Bills finish 9-7. Bills are torn between keeping Tyrod or drafting a QB in round 1. Decides to keep Tyrod and drafts a safety and a RB in the first round and finish 2018 7-9. Wash rinse repeat. I tried to make it bold, but the Bills are too predictable.

Deshaun Watson will be this year's Dak Prescott. He will outplay every other QB on that team in the preseason and be solid even as a rookie. He may not get all of the accolades that Dak garnered last year, but he will become that type of QB for the Texans.

Deshaun Watson will be this year's Dak Prescott. He will outplay every other QB on that team in the preseason and be solid even as a rookie. He may not get all of the accolades that Dak garnered last year, but he will become that type of QB for the Texans.

Dak had, arguably, the best O line in the NFC, if not the league.

I'm not taking anything away from the kid, as he did a phenomenal job.

But so did Bob Griffin ... for a year. NO ... I'm not comparing the two players. I'm simply stating that, sometimes, a QB can fall into a "I simply have no way to fuk this up," scenario.

Dak had that last year.

Dak had, arguably, the best O line in the NFC, if not the league.

I'm not taking anything away from the kid, as he did a phenomenal job.

But so did Bob Griffin ... for a year. NO ... I'm not comparing the two players. I'm simply stating that, sometimes, a QB can fall into a "I simply have no way to fuk this up," scenario.

Dak had that last year.

That totally discounts what RG3 was before he wrecked his knee, I'm not sure if it ever healed back to 100 percent or if it was just a mental thing but he was never the same player after that.

That totally discounts what RG3 was before he wrecked his knee, I'm not sure if it ever healed back to 100 percent or if it was just a mental thing but he was never the same player after that.

I thought Bob Griffin was overrated coming out of college, so I never thought he would be any good. I will admit that I was a little fooled after his rookie year. But little QBs who can't pass with consistent accuracy and run a lot never last ... either due to injury or sucktitude.

Tom Brady has his worst season as a pro and NE finishes 3rd in the AFC East.

The Bills win the Superbowl against the Giants when the giant's kicker misses a last second field goal wide left.

Tyrod Taylor 2017 NFL MVP

How's that for BOLD.

BOLD PREDICTIONS (IN BOLD, OF COURSE!)

NFL:

The Minnesota Vikings will have the best record in the NFC.

The San Diego Chargers will earn the #1 overall selection in the 2018 NFL Draft.*******

The AFC South will only have one playoff representative- the Jacksonville Jaguars.

BILLS:

The Buffalo Bills will have a better record than the Kansas City Chiefs.

Zay Jones will have more receiving yards than Sammy Watkins.

Charles Clay will increase his receiving yards total to over 800 yards.

****That is bold saying the LA chargers will move back to San Diego at some point in the season and get the 1st pick. Is this because they play so poorly in LA.

Edited by manbeast