Adolphus Washington arrest -concealed weapon Part II

Was their a history of this when he was drafted?

You interview players to find out how ignorant/stupid they are? But I guess we all know, physical talent Trumps any of that in the NFL front offices, except for maybe the Patriots' FO.

Edited by T-Bomb

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You interview players to find out how ignorant/stupid they are? But I guess we all know, physical talent Trumps any of that in the NFL, except for maybe the Patriots.

Yeah, the Patriots* haven't had any players who've found themselves in legal trouble.

You interview players to find out how ignorant/stupid they are? But I guess we all know, physical talent Trumps any of that in the NFL, except for maybe the Patriots.

From what I remembered at the time they felt really good abut Washington in that area.

My concern about him was his run stop was not that great in College.....but he had legit pass rushing skills.

I really hope this is not an issue.

You interview players to find out how ignorant/stupid they are? But I guess we all know, physical talent Trumps any of that in the NFL front offices, except for maybe the Patriots' FO.

A Murderer and 1 or 2 dope dealers who plea bargained with the feds to avoid serious jail time.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Not sure how accurate my search was, but I only found a handful of firearms-related suspensions in league history. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suspensions_in_the_National_Football_League (search for "firearm")

Most say "alleged possession," so seems that a conviction isn't necessary.

Duration of suspensions range from 2 games - 8 games (Tank Johnson).

What I found most worrisome is that Plaxico Burress was suspended 4 games for shooting himself in the leg. He had that gun legally and did something stupid with it - like Washington.

I'm guessing 1-2 games.

Thanks Gug. Could be that Tank was a repeat offender. I'm guessing the added games for Burris were for 'just because..' :doh:

Thanks Gug. Could be that Tank was a repeat offender. I'm guessing the added games for Burris were for 'just because..' :doh:

Burris actually broke a couple laws, so - as Johnny pointed out by making me look like a total dumbass - there's really no comparison between the two situations (Plax and Washington).

Chandler - the title of this thread says he didn't have a permit. Not sure where that came from but it's not accurate, just wanted to let you know so it could be corrected.

Thanks Yolo. I was trying to mimic and restart the thread GoBillsinDallas started. Corrected.

The purpose of a handgun is homicide. -Period.

if you carry, carry knowing that you may kill someone with it. OR, that someone may kill you for having it.

It's portable death, and it goes both ways.

Dude has a conceal/carry permit, correct? He just failed to inform the officers that he was in possession of his LEGAL firearm. I agree. Nothing to see here other than poor judgment on Adolphus' part. He isn't going to be convicted of anything.

yeah I wonder if he'd be dead had he informed them that he's got a legal firearm.

Idiot. Hey, is Tom on vacation or something?

nope he's down in the PPP

The purpose of a handgun is homicide. -Period.

if you carry, carry knowing that you may kill someone with it. OR, that someone may kill you for having it.

It's portable death, and it goes both ways.

keep it to the topic at hand. the the arrest and not the detail you went to.

We don't need another thread locked.

Your comments s/b in the guns or no guns thread in the PPP

You'll get a very warm welcome if you re-post what you had there.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Dude has a conceal/carry permit, correct? He just failed to inform the officers that he was in possession of his LEGAL firearm. I agree. Nothing to see here other than poor judgment on Adolphus' part. He isn')t going to be convicted of anything.

agree and this was my point the first topic, that said Chandler excelent choice to do a do over. Was getting bad. But I digress. If he was not asked by the officer or stopped by the officer he wasnt required to inform them he possesed a weapon. That said, the law says printed above the line you signed to get a permit in every state you must conceal yet you must inform if detained or questioned.

what kind of waterpark was this where he felt the need to be packing heat? there's nothing gangster about floating around in the lazy river

Sesame Place has long been a place where members of NY, NJ, and Philly gangs meet-up with their kids. Dorney Park in Allentown is a mess too. Both the amusement park and the water park.

nope he's down in the PPP

keep it to the topic at hand. the the arrest and not the detail you went to.

We don't need another thread locked.

Your comments s/b in the guns or no guns thread in the PPP

You'll get a very warm welcome if you re-post what you had there.

Whether you're permitted, or not, the cop CANNOT ignore it...

Isn't there something in the paperwork that says they can take it off you until they're done conducting their business?

You'll get a very warm welcome if you re-post what you had ther

I'm not being pro or anti... There's guns all over the place in this country... My boss has been trying to get a concealed carry permit for years, but feels so insecure, that he carries anyway.

Obviously, Washington feels insecure, and that's why he carries it... It'll be interesting to see if the league is in a position to amend state laws by default.

Edited by #34fan

I'm not being pro or anti... There's guns all over the place in this country... My boss has been trying to get a concealed carry permit for years, but feels so insecure, that he carries anyway.

Obviously, Washington feels insecure, and that's why he carries it... It'll be interesting to see if the league is in a position to amend state laws by default.

that's not the point. The topic is touchy one. You can plainly see the first was closed because people got carried away.

Whether you're permitted, or not, the cop CANNOT ignore it...

Isn't there something in the paperwork that says they can take it off you until they're done conducting their business?

That is law. For his protection he can. That said a moron doesnt say excuse me officer I have my permitted handgun on me.

assult wippons at conventouns is protecked buoy r 8th mendmend writs.

Chandler! Im a Conservative and he claims I talk like this. Ban him for life or more!!!

That is law. For his protection he can. That said a moron doesnt say excuse me officer I have my permitted handgun on me.

Chandler! Im a Conservative and he claims I talk like this. Ban him for life or more!!!

Not at all. I am not attributing any ideology to any political affiliation. I'm merely attempting to have a discussion with basking in his native tongue of ill conceived gibberish.

Not at all. I am not attributing any ideology to any political affiliation. I'm merely attempting to have a discussion with basking in his native tongue of ill conceived gibberish.

I know you aren't. It all good. All in good fun. If you were I could care less Edited by fansince88

that's not the point. The topic is touchy one. You can plainly see the first was closed because people got carried away.

Then don't get carried away. :mellow:

Even if that's the first thing out of your mouth, Police have a pretty wide latitude of how they can respond.

Once the police know 1) You have a gun on you, and 2) it's concealed... There's a whole different set of protocols.. One of the BEST things that could happen is being taken down to the station, IMO.

Edited by #34fan

He's probably looking at a 2-4 game suspension at the start of the 2018 season.

?? If you read the article, Washington has a valid Ohio concealed carry permit.

I suspect he ticked off one of the officers and the officer decided to look for something to charge him with, and that a good lawyer will make it go away.

Why do you need a gun in a waterpark? Is this some new way of dissuading some 12 year old from cutting you in line?

Apparently he was sitting in his car when he displayed the gun. The waterpark likely has signs prohibiting weapons inside the park, so that would be a violation harder to 'erase' but that doesn't seem to be in question.

Maybe its the selfish in me but I dont want to hear about our players at all this time of year unless they are visiting a children's hospital or something......

Which by the way doesnt seem to get its share of pub because they DO that

Exactly. As to your #2 point, the NFL really needs to do a better job advertising all of this. The only thing the media seems to report on are stories like Washington improperly carrying a gun that he has a permit for.

Why do you need a gun in a waterpark? Is this some new way of dissuading some 12 year old from cutting you in line?

he was not in the waterpark. He was in his car in the parking lot.

?? If you read the article, Washington has a valid Ohio concealed carry permit.

I suspect he ticked off one of the officers and the officer decided to look for something to charge him with, and that a good lawyer will make it go away.

he wasn't charged with anything. He was arrested and released. The arrest was for having the gun out and not concealed, and the police saw it because they were close by. He has one of those 3-wheel motorcycles so it was obvious. Edited by YoloinOhio

Apparently he was sitting in his car when he displayed the gun. The waterpark likely has signs prohibiting weapons inside the park, so that would be a violation harder to 'erase' but that doesn't seem to be in question.

This is why I said in part 1 that this will be his defense. I was getting ready to secure my handgun in the glove box of my tricycle to go into the park with my boyz

This is why I said in part 1 that this will be his defense. I was getting ready to secure my handgun in the glove box of my tricycle to go into the park with my boyz

i think it was at around 10pm after the park was closed. The cops were trying to clear everyone out of the parking lot at the time.