Adolphus Washington arrest -concealed weapon Part II

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so. I fear 6. There are precedents regarding firearms, though all the details aren't known publically yet..

Not sure how accurate my search was, but I only found a handful of firearms-related suspensions in league history. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suspensions_in_the_National_Football_League (search for "firearm")

Most say "alleged possession," so seems that a conviction isn't necessary.

Duration of suspensions range from 2 games - 8 games (Tank Johnson).

What I found most worrisome is that Plaxico Burress was suspended 4 games for shooting himself in the leg. He had that gun legally and did something stupid with it - like Washington.

I'm guessing 1-2 games.

Not sure how accurate my search was, but I only found a handful of firearms-related suspensions in league history. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suspensions_in_the_National_Football_League (search for "firearm")

What I found most worrisome is that Plaxico Burress was suspended 4 games for shooting himself in the leg. He had that gun legally and did something stupid with it - like Washington.

I'm guessing 1-2 games.

It's been a while but I thought you couldn't carry a gun in NYC

Letter of Necessity (for carry permits) – you won’t get a carry permit without showing cause, and if you have cause, you should probably already know what is required. Follow instructions on Page 3 of the application.

http://newyorkcityguns.com/getting-a-nyc-handgun-permit/

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I'm guessing 1-2 games.

Plax did not have a CCW permit in NYS, IIRC. His permit was in Florida. Plus, he transported the gun across state lines. What he did was totally illegal in every way. Nothing even close to this.

the issue is his stupidity

Oh, without a doubt.

It's been a while but I thought you couldn't carry a gun in NYC

You are correct. Also, the Giants suspended him the 4 games, from what I can gather.

Plax did not have a CCW permit in NYS, IIRC. His permit was in Florida. Plus, he transported the gun across state lines. What he did was totally illegal in every way. Nothing even close to this.

I agree. I also think he should not be suspended by the league. But mostly, I think he's an idiot who shouldn't be allowed to have a gun because he's so stupid.

Part II

With apologies to GBID, I shut down his thread for the political and racial inferences. Unfortunately, it's an important topic for us to discuss, but there are obviously rules to posting and too much liberty was taken in some of the responses. If you're not sure of what is and isn't acceptable conduct, please read the Terms of Service. Otherwise, Carry on.

Chandler - the title of this thread says he didn't have a permit. Not sure where that came from but it's not accurate, just wanted to let you know so it could be corrected.

Chandler - the title of this thread says he didn't have a permit. Not sure where that came from but it's not accurate, just wanted to let you know so it could be corrected.

#fakenews