McDermott has really impressed me. We might have struck gold

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a fine coach, you can tell already.

Won't matter without the franchise QB though, sadly enough. We may already have the right qb on our roster, but if we don't he'd better have a plan to get one AT ALL COSTS or he's back to a lifetime coordinator job.

There are a lot of coaches that could have been HOF but were fired after a few years because they didn't have the right qb. We have 2 1st rounders next year, I'd throw in our 2019 1st round pick to make a run at a trade up for a stud qb if I were the coach and could influence my front office enough to do it. Gotta roll the dice baby.

I know TC hasn't even started but I've personally been blown away by our new Head coach. Just the way he communicates with the players, demands respect and has a certain intensity to him has really rejuvenated my hopes for this season and beyond.

His style, his swagger has been super impressive and it's a style that I feel we translate to the team playing to their full potential.

Rex Ryan had this team nowhere near their full potential and still had us contending for playoffs late in the season.

I've always felt this board has underrated the talent on this team , I think if we stay relatively healthy we can easily contend in the AFC , even with Rex. Now with what I believe will be a Massive upgrade at HC, I am anticipating this team to grab a Wild Card spot, again, I just have a strong feeling McDermott's coaching style, his teaching style and the way he communicates will translate extremely well, which will maximize the potential of a talented team. My gut tells me we won't be hiring a HC in a long long time...

I get what you're saying, but let's not rush to crown the man just yet. Let him actually coach an NFL game first.

Won't matter without the franchise QB though, sadly enough. We may already have the right qb on our roster, but if we don't he'd better have a plan to get one AT ALL COSTS or he's back to a lifetime coordinator job.

There are a lot of coaches that could have been HOF but were fired after a few years because they didn't have the right qb. We have 2 1st rounders next year, I'd throw in our 2019 1st round pick to make a run at a trade up for a stud qb if I were the coach and could influence my front office enough to do it. Gotta roll the dice baby.

I guess I wouldn't call Taylor a Franchise QB but I feel he can be a Winning QB.

I feel he has a very unique skillset that can be successful in the right scheme and with a defense that isn't so bi polar.

Being that Seattle has had so many prime time games, I've watched enough of Russell Wilson to say he wouldn't have sniffed the divisional Rd of the playoffs without that defense. Yet he's considered a Great franchise QB, because of Carroll and that D.

I think Tyrod has the same potential , hetc does need some help from his defense and his WR to stay healthy though. I just feel he makes enough plays to win games and very very rarely will lose us a game with his knack to not throw ints. Give Taylor the defense we thought we were getting with Rex and not only do we make the playoffs but we'll have a legit shot at making a run in the playoffs.

This.

Why can't people just wait until he actually coaches ONE game before annoiting him as the next great coach?

I've heard this SO many times the past 20 years. Seems some never learn.[/quote

I think world would be much simpler if everyone was required to have the same opinion on issues like this. Probably speed up the internet, too.

This.

Why can't people just wait until he actually coaches ONE game before annoiting him as the next great coach?

I've heard this SO many times the past 20 years. Seems some never learn.

I'm 30 , and since 16-17 I've followed this team like a hawk. I've never stated this about a Bills coach before because I've never felt this way about a Bills coach. I think he's going to be our Mike Tomlin

Let's worry about him beating what looks to be an all time bad team in Jets on opening day, then take it from there.

I am not going to bash McDermott or praise him until the results come in. The rest is just propaganda.

I think McDermott has a good plan for QB.

s

1. Start with Tyrod. Tyrod will get TC + 8 games. If he succeeds, then it will be a successful season

2. If TT flops, then Nate get his shot this year plus some next year

3. The Bills have two 1st round picks and if TT flops, it might be a top 10 pick Plus the KC pick. We probably have a good shot to get into the top-3 to get a franchise QB.

And then the Bills have two seasons to figure out if it will be TT, Nate or a Drafted QB.

Of course, if Tyrod or Nate pan out then we will be using those 2 1st rounders on a stud WR and a Defensive End.

He's a nice guy. We get it. Wait until he punts on 4th down at the opponent's 35 or challenges a dumb call and wastes all of our timeouts. The point being he has coached ZERO games in his life. Who knows what we have. Most rookie head coaches fail miserably. It would be like winning the lottery if he's any good

I know TC hasn't even started but I've personally been blown away by our new Head coach. Just the way he communicates with the players, demands respect and has a certain intensity to him has really rejuvenated my hopes for this season and beyond.

His style, his swagger has been super impressive and it's a style that I feel we translate to the team playing to their full potential.

Rex Ryan had this team nowhere near their full potential and still had us contending for playoffs late in the season.

I've always felt this board has underrated the talent on this team , I think if we stay relatively healthy we can easily contend in the AFC , even with Rex. Now with what I believe will be a Massive upgrade at HC, I am anticipating this team to grab a Wild Card spot, again, I just have a strong feeling McDermott's coaching style, his teaching style and the way he communicates will translate extremely well, which will maximize the potential of a talented team. My gut tells me we won't be hiring a HC in a long long time...

Hope you're right.

I'm with 4_kidd_4 and need to see the baby, but maybe you're right.

I've stopped relying on guts in these cases. Most Bills fan guts at the time thought Donahoe was the GM to take us to Lombardiville. Me too. Same with Gregg Williams as the coach. I loved how no-nonsense he was.

I stopped believing guts about then.

He's a nice guy. We get it. Wait until he punts on 4th down at the opponent's 35 or challenges a dumb call and wastes all of our timeouts. The point being he has coached ZERO games in his life. Who knows what we have. Most rookie head coaches fail miserably. It would be like winning the lottery if he's any good

Yea, pretty much this.

He seems like he's saying all the right things but is he a conservative coach? Is he progressive? We have no idea.