McDermott has really impressed me. We might have struck gold

I know TC hasn't even started but I've personally been blown away by our new Head coach. Just the way he communicates with the players, demands respect and has a certain intensity to him has really rejuvenated my hopes for this season and beyond.

His style, his swagger has been super impressive and it's a style that I feel we translate to the team playing to their full potential.

Rex Ryan had this team nowhere near their full potential and still had us contending for playoffs late in the season.

I've always felt this board has underrated the talent on this team , I think if we stay relatively healthy we can easily contend in the AFC , even with Rex. Now with what I believe will be a Massive upgrade at HC, I am anticipating this team to grab a Wild Card spot, again, I just have a strong feeling McDermott's coaching style, his teaching style and the way he communicates will translate extremely well, which will maximize the potential of a talented team. My gut tells me we won't be hiring a HC in a long long time...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am all in on this guy, I just want the Pegulas to give him at least 5 years.

He looks like such a natural, I think it will be apparent very quickly that he is the right man for the job and he will be a staple for this Bills team

I'd have to agree with this sentiment, although I also want to see results before I can be convinced he's the guy. I was never on board the Rex hype train because I believe that unproven bravado is basically a symptom of an inferiority complex. McDermott is definitely a refreshing personality after the last two years.

Whether that results in positive change remains to be seen, but I'm back to being cautiously optimistic instead of just cautious.

Hope springs eternal for Bills fans.

I'd have to agree with this sentiment, although I also want to see results before I can be convinced he's the guy. I was never on board the Rex hype train because I believe that unproven bravado is basically a symptom of an inferiority complex. McDermott is definitely a refreshing personality after the last two years.

Whether that results in positive change remains to be seen, but I'm back to being cautiously optimistic instead of just cautious.

It does seem like the Pegulas got it right this time. The HC and FO personal are respected around the league. We'll see.

Rex had 2 deep playoff runs on top of the bravado fwiw.

I know TC hasn't even started but I've personally been blown away by our new Head coach. Just the way he communicates with the players, demands respect and has a certain intensity to him has really rejuvenated my hopes for this season and beyond.

His style, his swagger has been super impressive and it's a style that I feel we translate to the team playing to their full potential.

Rex Ryan had this team nowhere near their full potential and still had us contending for playoffs late in the season.

I've always felt this board has underrated the talent on this team , I think if we stay relatively healthy we can easily contend in the AFC , even with Rex. Now with what I believe will be a Massive upgrade at HC, I am anticipating this team to grab a Wild Card spot, again, I just have a strong feeling McDermott's coaching style, his teaching style and the way he communicates will translate extremely well, which will maximize the potential of a talented team. My gut tells me we won't be hiring a HC in a long long time...

It's been so long... not sure ecactly what a winner looks like at this point of tenure.

It seems different.. sodid every single last one

Let's just take the season one game at a time. Then after this year, if we do well he will be praised. If we do equivalent or worse than last year, i expect the board to be the ultimate negative nancys

I'll go on record that I'll spot them at least this season, no expectations in the W-L column. Transitional, if you will. Show me in-game awareness, adjustments and discipline.

Year 2 to 3, that's when the W's should come if this is indeed "the guy".

Don't mistake intensity for competence. Just because he can throw around MBA buzz words like the process means nothing. There are many different coaching styles that work in the NFL. Let's see what happens on Sundays with clock management, coaches challenges, and game strategy. Those are independent of the talent on the field. Let's see if his style results in less penalties. That is probably a reflection of the coach.

I just don't want to hear anything more about Whaley. EJ is gone. This draft and this team is all McDermott now. He has been running the show for FA and the draft from the day he got here. It is all on him. If Gilmore makes the ProBowl it is on McDermott. If White is a superstar DB, give McDermott the credit. If Dawkins wins the RT job then another win for McDermott. If CK is a starting OT for the Lions that is on McDermott as well.

I've liked what I've seen as well out of him but always have cautious optimism.

Back when I used to lurk on the BBMB, 95% of the posters loved the Rex Ryan signing in 2015. He was this generations Chuck Knox, the big named coach who signed here.

Of course totally different scenario, I'm just always cautious.

Rex had 2 deep playoff runs on top of the bravado fwiw.

With a top ranked defense...imagine that! Beat the pats with defense!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk