Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

Weather has been good and J-Bot's iron play is really coming around.

Man, everybody just assumes this is about money, and it could be. Eichel may want McDavid or even max money, and to date, he has not earned it. Nor do i think the Sabres should pay it. Good for Jack betting on himself and saying I will earn it this year.

But bigger fear for me is what if Jack is insisting on a 4-year term? Oh boy, now we got a problem Houston. And what if someone term sheets him next with a 4-year term, now you got an issue.Max money and max term, they match. 4-year term is the worst thing that can happen to this team.

Update.

Just called DirecTV to see if they had any offers on NHL Center Ice with the Sabres' season on the horizon. They offered me 4 payments of $38.49 with $15/month off my bill for 12 months. I accepted of course since that more than covers the cost of NHL CI.

I forgot to mention that NHL CI includes an authorization to watch games via NHL TV.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Man, everybody just assumes this is about money, and it could be. Eichel may want McDavid or even max money, and to date, he has not earned it. Nor do i think the Sabres should pay it. Good for Jack betting on himself and saying I will earn it this year.

But bigger fear for me is what if Jack is insisting on a 4-year term? Oh boy, now we got a problem Houston. And what if someone term sheets him next with a 4-year term, now you got an issue.Max money and max term, they match. 4-year term is the worst thing that can happen to this team.

Don't think that's the issue although you never know. He's made it very clear lately he's happy here and wants to say. Some players just say that. I think you can usually tell when they go out of their way.

so what are you hoping for with the Sabres? I'll watch 20 or so games, maybe even a road trip or two for an affordable and more enjoyable game in Buffalo than Toronto gives me... sadly...

As a Leafs fan it's nice to feel good heading into the season and hope the egos stay in check and a solid season with maybe winning a playoff round isn't too optimistic.

so what are you hoping for with the Sabres? I'll watch 20 or so games, maybe even a road trip or two for an affordable and more enjoyable game in Buffalo than Toronto gives me... sadly...

As a Leafs fan it's nice to feel good heading into the season and hope the egos stay in check and a solid season with maybe winning a playoff round isn't too optimistic.

Leafs look great

Sabres look ok. Housley has them playing that new style and that is fun to watch. The new defense will be a thing to watch as will how Samson does at center. Just nice to have hockey back

Leafs look great

Sabres look ok. Housley has them playing that new style and that is fun to watch. The new defense will be a thing to watch as will how Samson does at center. Just nice to have hockey back

Sounds good, Sabres are my second favourite team. Best of luck this year.

@DarrenDreger

No change in the Eichel negotiation. No reason to read into that, however further discussions could be shelved until next summer.

Damn, next summer scares me. As I mentioned up thread, not about money, but about term. What if someone offers him 4years, $7.8M . Comp is a first, second and a third . Eichel makes it all abck by being UFA at age 25. Maybe the Bruins make that offer?

Damn, next summer scares me. As I mentioned up thread, not about money, but about term. What if someone offers him 4years, $7.8M . Comp is a first, second and a third . Eichel makes it all abck by being UFA at age 25. Maybe the Bruins make that offer?

Unless he gets hurt prior to the end of that deal. Signing anything short of the max term is a huge gamble. It's easier to make that choice when it's only a 1 year gamble, but it's much more risky when it is 4. There's way too much that can happen. He'll sign for 8 years and won't think twice about it.

Bruins just paid Pastrnak, count them out of that bidding war.

Nine years in Buffalo including this one.

Even better. He's going to be insane this season. He's one of those few guys in any sport that has insane talent and the overachiever gene and drive to be better, to be the best and to prove people wrong. I think he has the Brady and Thurman fire in his belly to prove everyone wrong, and that he's as good as McDavid, even if he's not.