Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

Chad's a good bridge backup as Ullmark/Luukkonen develop elsewhere.

Did he say anything about Nelson? As still baffled why we kept him in Rochester all year last year unless there were some expansion draft repercussions I wasn't aware of.

One has to wonder WHAT IF we never traded Andreychuk for Fuhr and just stuck with Hasek.

Even though Toronto and Buffalo were in separate conferences then, and I was probably only 6 months old, it infuriates me that Toronto won that trade. They were one OT away from the Cup Final that year.

And I like that Ocho Cinco is coming back here. Good backup.

6-29: PHIL HOUSLEY ON WGR (10:27)

#Sabres head coach @philhousley6 joins @TheInstigators next on WGR! Tune in:

Housley - we're trying to look at different things in free agency & find the best fits for our team, trying to make our team better #Sabres

Housley: "We're getting close" On assistant coach search

Housley: "I'm looking at NHL playing experience and NHL coaching experience."

Housley - We want the defensemen to get involved in the attack. We want to incorporate them in the o-zone, not just on the blue line #Sabres

Phil Housley on advice for the #Sabres defense: "Just getting used to the system we want to put in place. Patience is going to be a virtue."

Housley: "My first priority was to reach out to the players and I did connect with all of them."

Housley - I've had conversations with all of the players on where they are with this team, trying to build a relationship right away #Sabres

Housley - I'm excited to watch film on all of our players this summer to get a read on where they're at #Sabres

Phil Housley on Brendan Guhle: "I've heard great things about him. He's a great skater, very mobile."

Housley "Excited to watch film on Guhle. I've heard he's a terrific skater. Opportunity is going to be important as will first impressions."

You cannot be serious.

I don't follow Minnesota, or the offseason really, but wouldn't they be enticed by Mittelstadt being from Minnesota? I just don't know what the value is.

Weren't many other Sabres fans (besides myself) wanting to trade #8 for an NHL ready, top-4 defenseman?

Edited by EersN'Bills

I don't follow Minnesota, or the offseason really, but wouldn't they be enticed by Mittelstadt being from Minnesota? I just don't know what the value is.

Weren't many other Sabres fans (besides myself) wanting to trade #8 for an NHL ready, top-4 defenseman?

Mittelstadt is going to be a top six core player in the future in the forward corp. Trading him for Scandella isn't going to make the Sabres a contender in 2017-18.

Mittelstadt is going to be a top six core player in the future in the forward corp. Trading him for Scandella isn't going to make the Sabres a contender in 2017-18.

Agreed. Mittelstadt is a top five pick who fell because he couldn't do a pull up at the combine. Meanwhile, his hockey talent is the same as before the combine. If you don't know hockey, why propose silly trades? Same folks who are in a hurry to get rid of Samson for D help.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::death:

unless its for less than $6M, then its

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::thumbsup:

Yeah, and I can't see how he comes to the Sabres for less than 7.

Edit: Some on the Sabres' boards are suggesting GMJB must have a trade of Bogo worked out if he's taking on Shattenkirk.

I would be kinda surprised if he was able to move Bogo's contract and though overpaid, I think he might flourish as a third pair guy in Housley's system.

Edited by Dr. Who

@Russostrib

Still getting indications something's brewing between #mnwild and #sabres involving at least Marco Scandella

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Marco Scandella heading to BUF from MIN.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

No trade call done yet but assuming it proceeds without hiccups, it's Pominville and Scandella to BUF, Ennis and Foligno to MIN.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

No trade call done yet but assuming it proceeds without hiccups, it's Pominville and Scandella to BUF, Ennis and Foligno to MIN.

Just got this on GR text...I am good with this.

Just looked at contracts

$5.6 for two years for Jason...livable for the little extra from Ennis

$4.0M for Scandella for 3 more years...awesome!

Edited by plenzmd1