What would you trade for Phil Rivers right now?

Nothing...... He's not worth the cost it would take to obtain him. We would have ot mortgage the present and the future.

Plus he is a cold weather puss

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think Rivers, coming off one of his worst years in his career, on a Chargers team that hasn't won more than 5 games in the last two years, is more attainable than Aaron Rodgers?

It is somewhat reasonable. You could have also added that maybe Lynn really like TT and thinks he could make it work in LA.

That said, no team trades a franchise qb unless there are crazy circumstances. If a team is willing to trade a qb, either they don't believe in them or they have a better alternative.

Rivers is a short term plug at best. How many productive years does he even have left? I know a lot you pollyannas think Rivers will come in as some kind of savior and repopulate Niagara County by himself, but reversing the demographics trend that began 50 years ago is bigger than just one ultra fertile man. This is really more of a public policy issue.

They need somebody. We certainly can't keep him.

3 1sts ain't so bad when we have an extra 1 already.

I'm not trying to be condescending so I apologize if it comes across as such. Do you really think it's a good idea to trade a solid starter and 3 1st's for a QB that turns 36 during the season? Do you really think that he will pack up his dozen kids and move across the country? I like Rivers more than most people but there is a 0.0% chance of this happening and if the Bills made that offer that would be CRUCIFIED by the media.

I'm not trying to be condescending so I apologize if it comes across as such. Do you really think it's a good idea to trade a solid starter and 3 1st's for a QB that turns 36 during the season? Do you really think that he will pack up his dozen kids and move across the country? I like Rivers more than most people but there is a 0.0% chance of this happening and if the Bills made that offer that would be CRUCIFIED by the media.

He is intitled to his opinion Kirby...:P

Question for the TBD'ers... how many times has the Rivers subject come up?

This must be the 10th, naw make that 20th Rivers for Taylor thread.

yep and every time I say he has a No trade clause. And that he's not going to be traded. Ever. He is not waiving it. He would rather retire than go elsewhere. But yet... Edited by YoloinOhio

Does he want to come here?? He has 8 kids... and has lived in SOCAL since what 2004?

He also has a full no trade clause.. LA is what 2 hours from SD? How far is Buffalo?

4 hrs 50 min or approx. equal to drive time between SD and LA with traffic.

Edited by cba fan

They need somebody. We certainly can't keep him.

3 1sts ain't so bad when we have an extra 1 already.

3 -- 1st round picks for a QB that might (if that) have 3 years left in his career is 100% a horrible move. If we were talking Rivers in his late 20's then maybe. If your going to go ballz out for a QB like that, make it someone who will play for 10 years at least. The only guy that is reasonable to that metric is Cousins whom Washington does not know what they have, they are still mentally broken from RG3 or something.

Edited by Real McCoy