What would you trade for Phil Rivers right now?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would trade for Aaron Rodgers too. Thought that it was important to get that out there so that we can discuss...

You don't think Rivers, coming off one of his worst years in his career, on a Chargers team that hasn't won more than 5 games in the last two years, is more attainable than Aaron Rodgers?

Topic title.

If we sign Maclin, our offense will look like:

LT Glenn

LG Incognito

C Wood

RG Miller

RT Dawkins

FB Dimarco

RB1 Shady

RB2 JWill

TE1 Clay

TE2 O'Leary

WR1Watkins

WR2 Maclin

WR3-5 Jones/Holmes/Brown

QB Tyrod Taylor.

Healthy, the only thing that is going to hold back this offense from being insanely prolific is the QB. Would you be willing to gamble on health to get a QB like Rivers and make a SB run over this year and next? Say TT and a 1st for Rivers? TT and 2 1sts?

What'd be your price?

https://youtu.be/cKKHSAE1gIs

The entire premise is horse ****. It was the defense and the coach that kept them out of the playoffs last year. The offense will be better with a probable upgrade at RT, and a healthy #1 and #2 WR.

A better question would be what does the defense still need to compliment the top 10 offense? I really like the signing of Hodges. If Lawson improves and Ragland is able to push P. Brown out of a starting job, that only leaves the defensive backfield as a unit still needing to be upgraded. I am not sold on Darby. I would bring back A. Williams to play safety and nickel CB. Maybe take a run at Revis making a transition to FS.

The entire premise is horse ****. It was the defense and the coach that kept them out of the playoffs last year. The offense will be better with a probable upgrade at RT, and a healthy #1 and #2 WR.

A better question would be what does the defense still need to compliment the top 10 offense? I really like the signing of Hodges. If Lawson improves and Ragland is able to push P. Brown out of a starting job, that only leaves the defensive backfield as a unit still needing to be upgraded. I am not sold on Darby. I would bring back A. Williams to play safety and nickel CB. Maybe take a run at Revis making a transition to FS.

Exactly my thought.

Even if they could land Rivers, it would be such a waste of resources. It would set the team back. They might make the playoffs once and he'd retire.

Develop a franchise guy who'll keep the team competitive long-term.

Topic title.

If we sign Maclin, our offense will look like:

LT Glenn

LG Incognito

C Wood

RG Miller

RT Dawkins

FB Dimarco

RB1 Shady

RB2 JWill

TE1 Clay

TE2 O'Leary

WR1Watkins

WR2 Maclin

WR3-5 Jones/Holmes/Brown

QB Tyrod Taylor.

Healthy, the only thing that is going to hold back this offense from being insanely prolific is the QB. Would you be willing to gamble on health to get a QB like Rivers and make a SB run over this year and next? Say TT and a 1st for Rivers? TT and 2 1sts?

What'd be your price?

Rivers isn't going to be available. He just isn't.

You know what part of the team kept them out of the playoffs? The part that was on the field.

And that absolutely included the passing offense, which was substandard. Only the run offense was playoff-ready. Which is to say that the whole team simply wasn't good enough.

I'm actually excited to see what Tyrod will do this year in Dennison's system and with better weapons around him...especially if Maclin is signed.

Tyrod, Shady, Sammy, Maclin, Zay, and Clay should be a tough match-up for any defensive coordinator. That is a lot of speed and shiftiness

on the field at the same time. And don't underestimate Tyrod's work ethic. Yes, there are things he needs to improve on in his game, but who is to say

that he can't improve. The guy wants to be the best and works tirelessly at it. He now has two years playing experience. He could still be on an upward

trend.

So, no, I wouldn't want to trade for Rivers. For once, there actually seems to be a plan at the QB position. We roll with Tyrod this year and see

how it goes. If he takes the next step, great you have your QB. If not, we have Peterman being groomed and 2 first rounders next year to grab

a QB in the draft, in what has been said to be a good QB class, if need be.

If the old Bills signed Rex Ryan to become a national brand, what would be the exact opposite of that? That's right; signing Colin Kaepernick.

You still talking about Rex Ryan ?

Why stop there? How about Brady or Rodgers? B-)

....no trade clause and huge tariff...............

8/15/2015: Signed a five-year, $99 million contract. The deal contains $65 million guaranteed, including a $22.5 million signing bonus. Rivers also has a no-trade clause. 2017: $14 million, 2018: $10 million (+ $5 million roster bonus due in March), 2019: $11 million (+ $5 million roster bonus due in March), 2020: Free Agent