Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news. It would be nice if they had space to lock him up for 2-3 years..........

Now all that needs too happen is for Sammy to go too a "good feets" store in Florida and this mofo is on.

Last I heard Sammy was in LA playing basketball.

Even if that's correct - BF's report is still wrong because they wouldn't be lining up visits for leverage if it were a done deal, as reported last night.

yes they would. The visit is being lined up. It's not "scheduled" yet. Until he actually signs the deal, they have it in their back pocket. If he signs, the 2nd visit doesn't take place. It's how they all work. All that's reported are the numbers of the deal that's been verbally discussed between Condon and the Bills. He could fail his physical, anything could happen. It's not a done deal until he physically signs. Edited by YoloinOhio

What I'll note has been dicey in a lot of the comparisons is taking an essentially fully healthy 90 man and comparing it to the most depleted version of last year.

Sammy healthy makes us better. This time last year we thought he'd be healthy. Maybe he is but odds are there's some other injury on the horizon for a starter somewhere too though.

At what point in the year did some idiot step on his foot and derail our season :lol:? Was that voluntary's or was it actual camp?

Even if that's correct - BF's report is still wrong because they wouldn't be lining up visits for leverage if it were a done deal, as reported last night.

I think the biggest leverage is monies. Buffalo is 13 mil under the cap, while Baltimore is barely 2 mil under. That could definitely sway a signing. Something to consider. ..

I think the biggest leverage is monies. Buffalo is 13 mil under the cap, while Baltimore is barely 2 mil under. That could definitely sway a signing. Something to consider. ..

a big factor. Ravens just cleared 2.1 last night by cutting Kyle Arrington, but it would still be very tight.

Per Bucky Gleason

Apparently McD has a history with Maclin. That history may be a factor in any decision.

- If you are playing well and you get cut (twice) ?

Bills coach Sean McDermott knew Maclin from their two seasons together in Philadelphia. McDermott can assume his mentor, Chiefs coach Andy Reid, had good reasons for dumping Maclin. By signing him, Beane would run the risk of veering from his own message.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/06/05/bucky-gleasons-power-take-beane-remember-message-signing-maclin/

Per Bucky Gleason

Apparently McD has a history with Maclin. That history may be a factor in any decision.

Bills coach Sean McDermott knew Maclin from their two seasons together in Philadelphia. McDermott can assume his mentor, Chiefs coach Andy Reid, had good reasons for dumping Maclin. By signing him, Beane would run the risk of veering from his own message.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/06/05/bucky-gleasons-power-take-beane-remember-message-signing-maclin/

yes, the reason was cap space. They didn't have enough to sign their top 3 draft picks. They replaced him with cheaper players. Edited by YoloinOhio

Per Bucky Gleason

Oh, Bucky. You and your critical thinking skills on display yet again. I'm sure there's no chance that Beane and McD wanted Maclin and encouraged McCoy and Taylor to reach out over the weekend because they couldn't tamper. It has to be a sign of discord. Stupid POS.

Per Bucky Gleason

This won't be a big splash. Local media is terrible.

That I agree with. I even KIND of understood Holmes. I have no idea what they were doing with Ducasse.

They wanted someone with the name Vlad? So he could strike fear in the hearts of opponents with his Vlad the Impaler nickname...

a big factor. Ravens just cleared 2.1 last night by cutting Kyle Arrington, but it would still be very tight.

I missed that info, thanks. But yes, it would still be tight. I think id rather give him a 2 year 10 mil contract( incentive laden) with about 6 garaunteed. That should do it.👍