Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

I think the Bills were going to wait for his recovery but Maclin coming in makes it unnecessary. I also have to wonder where this will leave Andre Holmes. Glad to see the Bills are flexible with their plans. We should have two legit #1s on the team next year, just need one of them healthy for every game and we're in business!

I think you see Walt Powell or Jeremy Butler waived before they waive Holmes..

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Bills were going to wait for his recovery but Maclin coming in makes it unnecessary. I also have to wonder where this will leave Andre Holmes. Glad to see the Bills are flexible with their plans. We should have two legit #1s on the team next year, just need one of them healthy for every game and we're in business!

I think Holmes will be fine.

Watkins and Maclin have been injured the last two years.

We will need Zay Jones and Holmes to step up if our top two go down.

If not, that's not a bad top 4.

Listenbee waived with a non football injury designation. He is over a year removed from those hernia surgeries...looks like he may never see an NFL field.

Oh, Bucky. You and your critical thinking skills on display yet again. I'm sure there's no chance that Beane and McD wanted Maclin and encouraged McCoy and Taylor to reach out over the weekend because they couldn't tamper. It has to be a sign of discord. Stupid POS.

didn't take long for the new boys to start a fake narrative

Agreed! Actually, I think Holmes and Jones could both be pretty productive.

If Mac signs, is it more valuable for us to have Holmes as #4,or redeemable for a 3rd round comp pick?

I think you see Walt Powell or Jeremy Butler waived before they waive Holmes..

I read that waiving Holmes could net the Bills some comp picks. Not sure how Maclin affects that formula though. I'd rather keep the best receivers than worry about comp picks either way. If Watkins and Maclin both stay healthy we're looking at a top 5 receiving duo.

If Mac signs, is it more valuable for us to have Holmes as #4,or redeemable for a 3rd round comp pick?

Holmes isn't redeemable for a 3rd round comp pick. He's part of a trio of players who may be redeemable depending on other factors that also need to happen. it isn't a decision they need to make until about November. I would hang onto Holmes as long as possible in case of injury and depending on where they are in standings. A lot of other factors involved in the comp pick formula that could impact whether it even matters. They also need to cut Ducasse and Davis (Davis isn't likely given the DE depth) and the FAs who left need to be on the other teams' rosters past week 10. For me it's hard to really make any informed determinations at this time but I would lean toward not putting that much thought into a late 3rd. I realize it's an unpopular opinion. Edited by YoloinOhio

I read that waiving Holmes could net the Bills some comp picks. Not sure how Maclin affects that formula though. I'd rather keep the best receivers than worry about comp picks either way. If Watkins and Maclin both stay healthy we're looking at a top 5 receiving duo.

It isn't just Holmes. It's Holmes, Ducasse and Davis and it's just one comp pick, that's assuming all our FAs who left and count in the formula also stick. Another pick can be had by cutting Hauschka and DiMarco, that's not happening.

Maclin was cut, so not a factor at all in comp pick formula.

Listenbee waived with a non football injury designation. He is over a year removed from those hernia surgeries...looks like he may never see an NFL field.

Google searching a little bit, it looks as though he had a 2nd issue, hip instability, for which he had surgery in December with a steel plate inserted in his pelvis.

Apparently this is an issue he was playing through in college.

Draft looks worse and worse from the viewpoint of good medical info.

It isn't just Holmes. It's Holmes, Ducasse and Davis and it's just one comp pick, that's assuming all our FAs who left and count in the formula also stick. Another pick can be had by cutting Hauschka and DiMarco, that's not happening.

Maclin was cut, so not a factor at all in comp pick formula.

I'd like to also put down somewhere that's it's not a given that Zay beats out Holmes for the #3 WR spot.

Cut players do not affect the formula.

The only thing I like about thi deal is that it gives Taylor zero excuses.

Maybe coaching staff says....here you go, loaded offense, go get em. I would love nothing more than for Tyrod to prove me wrong but I just don't see him as a throwing qb.

What about just acquiring a top flight WR for the team? Just from a quality standpoint. It's always a good thing to add high level talent.