Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Thanks for this update. I think the Bills will sign him today.

The only thing that worries me about the Ravens is he would be THE GUY there with a chance to put up bigger numbers most likely than he would get here....but it probably comes down to money and comfort with players/staff on roster (im hoping)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You keep saying that. Psst Robbery Johnson did too IIRC. Where's he at?

If that's all you got then ..... what good is it when he doesn't use it?

we dont know what our QB will or wont do in this new offensive system

The only thing that worries me about the Ravens is he would be THE GUY there with a chance to put up bigger numbers most likely than he would get here....but it probably comes down to money and comfort with players/staff on roster (im hoping)

With Watkins injury history, he could also be THE GUY here..

Edited by Hurricane

TT brings much more to the table than RJ. Come on. really. TT does not turn the ball over is a big one. Watkins played injured and missed quite a few games in 2016.

To be fair....can we agree that Tyrod Taylor is easily a better overall quarterback then Rob Johnson was in every way to include working to get the respect of his teamates?

With Watkins injury history, he could also be THE GUY here..

if he signs, I think what could happen is it would push Sammy. Watkins has never had any competition for the #1wr spot. He stepped on the field as a rookie as clearly the best WR on the team. Stevie was traded the day after he was drafted. His role has never been questioned since the day he joined the team. Now, I still believe that if Maclin is added that Sammy is still the best WR on the team and would still be considered the #1. But it would be the 1st time since he's been here that there was anyone who had the ability or experience as a #1 to push him (better make sure he's out there or Maclin will get the targets, not him), and to mentor him. Edited by YoloinOhio

To be fair....can we agree that Tyrod Taylor is easily a better overall quarterback then Rob Johnson was in every way to include working to get the respect of his teamates?

I thought this was a thread about Maclin?

*Getting out my GPS because this thread will now take a weird turn toward Tyrod vs. RJ*

I would agree but also point out that TT does not have a mass hole leprechaun following him around undermining him.

I thought this was a thread about Maclin?

*Getting out my GPS because this thread will now take a weird turn toward Tyrod vs. RJ*

Yes it is Fergy...I apologize...station changed.....carry on

I think what we could be looking at is the Eric Moulds/Peerless Price situation over again....

Anyone agree?

I think what we could be looking at is the Eric Moulds/Peerless Price situation over again....

Anyone agree?

See when I read this thread I thought it was yet another place to rag on Sammy for a bunch of irrational made up crap. I figured RJ/TT made just as much sense.

Anyone agree?

diff situations...the eric moulds/peerless price scenario would better fit us drafting Zay Jones with having Sammy

What did Wade do?

started RJ and ruined the Bills forever

I always thought Peerless was a speed guy like maclin

Zay Reminds me of some other types of players

i thought you were referring to drafting a young guy (peerless/zay) to push/help/replace the veteran (moulds/sammy)

if he signs, I think what could happen is it would push Sammy. Watkins has never had any competition for the #1wr spot. He stepped on the field as a rookie as clearly the best WR on the team. Stevie was traded the day after he was drafted. His role has never been questioned since the day he joined the team. Now, I still believe that if Maclin is added that Sammy is still the best WR on the team and would still be considered the #1. But it would be the 1st time since he's been here that there was anyone who had the ability or experience as a #1 to push him (better make sure he's out there or Maclin will get the targets, not him), and to mentor him.

I think this is an excellent point made by Yolo! :thumbsup:

I also feel like we need some competition for Sammy. As a matter of fact, I want all our receivers competing for targets. I don't know that I've seen that kind of effort on the field.