Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/872017886147162113

Per Shefty

Former Chiefs' WR Jeremy Maclin is scheduled to visit Buffalo today, with plans being made to visit Baltimore on Wednesday, per source.

...Sounds like the Bills will get one day to close it out, we'll see

This will be a good test.

I feel like the Bills haven't been the best at closing deals like this in the past. It feels like a lot of players would come for visits and then leave without a contract.

CBF

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed that info, thanks. But yes, it would still be tight. I think id rather give him a 2 year 10 mil contract( incentive laden) with about 6 garaunteed. That should do it.👍

i would be surprised if the agent would do anything more than a 1 year deal. The 1 year deals are typically the desire of the player, not the team.

BREAKING: Sources have confirmed Jeremy Maclin is #Buffalo bound to sign a 1 year $4-5M range contract (pending incentives).

DBm7I06U0AEeEUs.jpg

This is music to my ears. My biggest concern is that seems too low. Like other people mentioned, Woods got $7M a year. Even Goodwin got around $3M. Now, they can certainly add a lot more with incentives, which is what I suspect is the selling point. If Maclin takes a little less money on a short term deal, with plenty of incentives, working with people he is very comfortable with, it sets him up well for a biggest contract next year.

Chiefs lose a great reciever due to cap problems: please, Lord let them tank now.

I've been wondering about that. They really are up against the cap. In fact, Maclin's dead money has them over next years projection. I think they are going to try to take one more year at it, but they play in the West as well. I think if they struggle, they yank Smith for Mahonnes and start the rebuild.

Per Bucky Gleason

Apparently McD has a history with Maclin. That history may be a factor in any decision.

- If you are playing well and you get cut (twice) ?

Bills coach Sean McDermott knew Maclin from their two seasons together in Philadelphia. McDermott can assume his mentor, Chiefs coach Andy Reid, had good reasons for dumping Maclin. By signing him, Beane would run the risk of veering from his own message.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/06/05/bucky-gleasons-power-take-beane-remember-message-signing-maclin/

Of course Bucky would find a way to be a stick in the mud

I feel like the Bills haven't been the best at closing deals like this in the past. It feels like a lot of players would come for visits and then leave without a contract.

CBF

It just happened a week or so ago with Hodges. He left and went on other visits and signed here.

CBF

Hodges left OBD and still wound up signing with the Bills. But hopefully they ink him before he heads out.

yes, the reason was cap space. They didn't have enough to sign their top 3 draft picks. They replaced him with cheaper players.

I hadn't heard about that. Yeesh. Yeah, that would do it. The only one who would give even close to equal cap space is Smith. They must not feel Mahonnes is ready to step in day one.

i would be surprised if the agent would do anything more than a 1 year deal. The 1 year deals are typically the desire of the player, not the team.

Yes thats usually the norm. But at 29, his best option may be a 2 year deal with the hopes of landing another 2 year deal if he performs with said team. I dont see a huge market for a multi year deal for a 30 year old WR not named Jerry Rice in today's NFL. Food for thought

yes they would. The visit is being lined up. It's not "scheduled" yet. Until he actually signs the deal, they have it in their back pocket. If he signs, the 2nd visit doesn't take place. It's how they all work. All that's reported are the numbers of the deal that's been verbally discussed between Condon and the Bills. He could fail his physical, anything could happen. It's not a done deal until he physically signs.

... what? I think you're really reaching to back up last night's "report".

Bills Fanatics reported the deal was done and he was flying in to sign it. Even reporting on incentives.

So you're saying that most Free Agents line up and announce other visits after agreeing to terms with a team? That's not been what i've seen in my experience.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

... what?

Bills Fanatics reported the deal was done and he was flying in to sign it. Even reporting on incentives.

So you're saying that most Free Agents line up and announce other visits after agreeing to terms with a team? That's not been what i've seen in my experience.

How do you know he didn't line the Ravens visit up while he was still negotiating with the Bills and that subsequently he agreed a contract in principle and is now on his way to sign it?

How do you know he didn't line the Ravens visit up while he was still negotiating with the Bills and that subsequently he agreed a contract in principle and is now on his way to sign it?

Then why would Adam Schefter report that "plans (are) being made to visit Baltimore" long after the BF report?

Adam Schefter less reliable than Bills Fanatics? C'mon people! I want Maclin too but that's ridiculous.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Then why would Adam Schefter report that "plans (are) being made to visit Baltimore" long after the BF report?

Adam Schefter less reliable than Bills Fanatics? C'mon people! I want Maclin too but that's ridiculous.

I personally do not think Schefter is anywhere near reliable when he reports on local teams

I'm not saying I believe the Bills Fanatics tweet, but I dont think Schefter is the one to hold a candle to

There actually is good reason for that. One of Schefter's biggest sources is the agents themselves, and they have reason to leak stuff all the time: maybe it's to show that their client isn't desperate, or that they did their job and gave their player options, or sometimes to drive up the bargaining price. There's a lot of smoke and mirrors to that side of the profession.

Maybe he was just reporting what he still only knew without new/insider info?

Because people don't always get information at the same time...... I think you are focusing a bit too much on the timeline when we don't actually know whether the order information appeared on twitter reflects the order in which things happened in real time.

I'm not saying anyone is more reliable than anyone else. I'm just saying twitter timelines are real timelines are different beasts.

@mlombardiNFL

With David Culley as QB coach in Buffalo and with Macklin last year makes them the favorite. Another team will have to overpay.

Because Condon told him to tweet that

@mlombardiNFL

With David Culley as QB coach in Buffalo and with Macklin last year makes them the favorite. Another team will have to overpay.

Because Condon told him to tweet that

sad that lombardi cant even spell a players name correctly that hes reporting on