Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Not sure this has been posted, but it apparently came down to Ravens v Eagles. The Bills weren't in the running: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/12/report-maclins-decision-came-down-to-ravens-eagles/

We have a number one and drafted a number two. Maclin signing at these two places makes sense based on being able to get on the field. Chances are he wasn't up to the task to beat out better receivers.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure this has been posted, but it apparently came down to Ravens v Eagles. The Bills weren't in the running: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/12/report-maclins-decision-came-down-to-ravens-eagles/

I love how the writer assumes trouble with Shady for not doing more to sign Maclin.

They low balled him.

I'm so glad this didn't work out. Maclin is exactly the type of quick fix we don't need. I'd rather not pay a premium for a speed WR in his age 29 season. If he was a few years younger, and if he might be a replacement for Sammy if Sammy is out after next year, I might have felt differently.

Think about it if you were a receiver would you want to come to Buffalo I wouldn't. How many times have you seen our receivers wide open and nobody throws them the ball

Think if you were a30-year-oldd wide reciever with Sammy and a guy drafted in the 2nd round with huge upside on your team and you only had a a 1 year prove it deal

as opposed to being the slated #1 guy with a two year guarantee...

where would you go?

Think about it if you were a receiver would you want to come to Buffalo I wouldn't. How many times have you seen our receivers wide open and nobody throws them the ball

Taylor is better than Flacco at this stage.

I'm so glad this didn't work out. Maclin is exactly the type of quick fix we don't need. I'd rather not pay a premium for a speed WR in his age 29 season. If he was a few years younger, and if he might be a replacement for Sammy if Sammy is out after next year, I might have felt differently.

Yeah, who wants a true number two WR that is good.

Edited by JM2009

Really?

According to Sal, Maclin gave the Bills a chance to counter this afternoon. I think the fact that he didn't sign in Buffalo is definitely about the money if he let the Bills counter.

Sal said the Bills made a final offer. He didn't say it was solicited.

You're probably correct, but it doesn't seem to be confirmed that he approached us seeking a counter/chance to match.

Really?

According to Sal, Maclin gave the Bills a chance to counter this afternoon. I think the fact that he didn't sign in Buffalo is definitely about the money if he let the Bills counter.

Sal said the Bills made a final offer. He didn't say it was solicited.

You're probably correct, but it doesn't seem to be confirmed that he approached us seeking a counter/chance to match.

Yup. Maclin giving the BIlls a chance to counter and the Bills upping their offer without solicitation are two entirely different things.

McCoy has to be embarrassed.

I'm sure he's not.

He was here for two days, but we weren't in the running - okaaaay. We clearly were at SOME level...

I would've been fine either way. We could've used him but at the same time, I'd rather we stick to the plan of building a team that is always getting stronger in the future. Belichick reached on a few occasions for players that were 'great' but didn't pan out like Chad Johnson, Albert Haynesworth, etc.

I would've been fine either way. We could've used him but at the same time, I'd rather we stick to the plan of building a team that is always getting stronger in the future. Belichick reached on a few occasions for players that were 'great' but didn't pan out like Chad Johnson, Albert Haynesworth, etc.

With all the success of BB, i don't want to see comparisons between NE and the Bills.