Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

...think we both know it boiled down to money with NO Pegula involvement...he is paying for a great admin and staff out of his pocket with no qualms IMO....this was a collaborative decision between Beane and his staff as well as McD......guess you trust their instincts versus fan yap.....

I agree. And I sure hope they made the right move here.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That quote seems a little crazy considering they have had Boldin and Steve Smith there. Admittedly they were at the end of their careers, but Maclin could not hold their jocks still.

There's the key consideration when asking that question.

That's fine, but he isn't going to get 5 years to build this team without showing some positive results first.

The WR corps as it stands is pretty marginal(outside of Watkins). The RB corps took a hit with the MG debacle.

These guys are taking a VERY conservative approach when it comes to spending money.

If Sammy has a big year they better not be conservative when it comes to him. It will blow up in their face, IMO.

Good. Our last regime spent money irresponsibly and we saw what happened. A more cerebral approach is refreshing and should lead to a better situation long-term.

I heard this announced on St. Louis radio, well, actually it was posed as a question: Do you think Maclin has a better chance of getting to a Super Bowl with Andy Reid or Harbaugh at Baltimore? That's how I found out. I'm not happy with Jeremy Maclin. In fact, i will be rooting against him this year. I hope he has a bad year in Baltimore.

I wanted him on our team.

Thanks. It pretty much fits as a Bills fan.

I think it does.

But Charlie returns to hope each offseason regardless. I respect that.

...think we both know it boiled down to money with NO Pegula involvement...he is paying for a great admin and staff out of his pocket with no qualms IMO....this was a collaborative decision between Beane and his staff as well as McD......guess you trust their instincts versus fan yap.....

We have to trust the Process. No really, we do! at this point

look at carolina cap

no big money on WR's

say goodbye to sammy

they signed Steve Smith to three big contract extensions when he was there. He got old and they cut him and drafted their #1 WR to replace him, who is still on his rookie deal. If KB stays healthy and plays well and stays off the donuts they will pay him too. None of this has anything to do with Sammy. Edited by YoloinOhio

That's fine, but he isn't going to get 5 years to build this team without showing some positive results first.

The WR corps as it stands is pretty marginal(outside of Watkins). The RB corps took a hit with the MG debacle.

These guys are taking a VERY conservative approach when it comes to spending money.

If Sammy has a big year they better not be conservative when it comes to him. It will blow up in their face, IMO.

12.6 left

and would you rather have freewheelin Whaley right now?

Edited by 3rdand12

I heard this announced on St. Louis radio, well, actually it was posed as a question: Do you think Maclin has a better chance of getting to a Super Bowl with Andy Reid or Harbaugh at Baltimore? That's how I found out. I'm not happy with Jeremy Maclin. In fact, i will be rooting against him this year. I hope he has a bad year in Baltimore.

I wanted him on our team.

I think Maclin thinks he is a number 1 receiver.....

and I am not sure that he is

It's hard to say what ended up making him decide exactly with his wife from the Balt area and generally better weather, I don't blame them for that move. The dude was hurt last year and isn't the most sturdily built guy, but man he has had some monster games and would have been nice to have on our side if Sammy has another off year with his health.

Barnidge ought to be a strong consideration at this point, with Clay's health iffy these days.

they signed Steve Smith to three big contract extensions when he was there. He got old and they cut him and drafted their #1 WR to replace him, who is still on his rookie deal. If KB stays healthy and plays well and stays off the donuts they will pay him too. None of this has anything to do with Sammy.

The Sammy reference is weak sauce

Then last regime failed because they hired a moron for head coach.... And there is a something between spending money irresponsibly and being ultra conservative.

They have almost 13 million dollars to spend. They could've afforded Maclin and MG without putting themselves in a bad cap situation easily.

:lol: you can't help yourself. It's a cry for help.

Then last regime failed because they hired a moron for head coach.... And there is a something between spending money irresponsibly and being ultra conservative.

They have almost 13 million dollars to spend. They could've afforded Maclin and MG without putting themselves in a bad cap situation easily.

Exactly.