Game of Thrones: Season 7

/dev/null

Good finish.

I was correct a few pages back on the sisters playing out Mayor Tommy Carcetti's plot to turn against themselves. Never plot to tear sisters apart....

the failed nutcracking didn't work but GAVE HIM STRENGTH like Popeye eating spinch....

Who woulda thought lacking meat and 2 vejj could be an advantage!.... Oh wait! -Bruce Jenner...

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The prophesy was that she'd have three kids, and all three would die.

Either she's lying, or she dies before she can give birth.

Yeah...it's actually just liver cancer and she only has months to live. So she wants to win this war before she dies

She definitely said "Aegon?"

At first, I thought she said "Edard Targaryan."

Me too! I would have liked that much better.

I take it they had just heard of his children being killed in King's Landing and the same news caused them to both name their baby Aegon and for Lyanna to beg Ned to lie and protect him.

Alrighty, we've got a year to spout wild theories, sooo, why wait? I think whether it's the books or the series writers, the prophecies have to pay off, or we've been wasting a lot of time. So, we need The Prince that was Promised. They have finally confirmed that Jon is Prince Aegon, so I'm going with him. Cersei needs to fear the little brother. I'm going to throw a wild card out there and say the Hound kills Cersei incidentally to trying to kill the Mountain. No kids for Dany, but one of the dragons turns out to be female and lays three eggs before all three dragons go down in the final battles. Tyrion sits on the Iron throne having been revealed a Targ, with Varys his hand. Dany dies, Jon/Aegon dies. Jaime dies. Bronn lives. Arya disappears, nobody knows if she's alive or dead. Does Cersei use some Iron Bank cash to hire a faceless man? Seems like we need Jaquen H'gar to put in a final appearance. I forgot how many characters are still alive and need story lines wrapped up.

> I like your theory of the Hound killing Cersei, but I don't think he is going to accidentally choke her, unless this is somehow metaphorical (see below)

Cersei: Will the king and I have children?

Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

> I think John and Dany's boy is the prince that was promised.

More guesses: John dies in battle; Dany dies in childbirth after the war; Tyrion is the acting king until their son is of age.

>At the end of the series I think we see a few things: Spring literally returning: snow melting, green sprout etc.. I too suspect all of the dragon’s die, or at very least the last injured one flies off after Dany dies. either this, or we get some indication of dragon eggs.

>Also, near the very end someone unassuming kills Arya and reveals himself as Jaqen H’ghar, holding her as she dies. She has stolen many lives from the many-faced God, and only death can pay for life. . . .

> I like your theory of the Hound killing Cersei, but I don't think he is going to accidentally choke her, unless this is somehow metaphorical (see below)

It should be noted that "valonqar" is little brother...and while "Tyrion" is the obvious reference there, Jamie is younger than Cersei by a few minutes...

It should be noted that "valonqar" is little brother...and while "Tyrion" is the obvious reference there, Jamie is younger than Cersei by a few minutes...

Maybe Jaime is her only little brother. I still refuse to give up the Tyrion is half Targaryen theory.

Yeah, just read that Raeghar named two sons Aegon, in order to ensure that the prophecy was fulfilled.

OK. Thx.

Who woulda thought lacking meat and 2 vejj could be an advantage!.... Oh wait! -Bruce Jenner...

I suppose it is all about cocks after all.

The quote says "the" valonquar. Could be anyone's younger brother, no?

There is also a theory that Tyrion is the true Lannister and Cersei/Jamie are the product of Aerys Targarian and Joanna Lannister

I can't think of any information that would give any credence do that theory of which I can think of in the books or show other than Cersei being like the Mad King in setting people on fire.

The quote says "the" valonquar. Could be anyone's younger brother, no?

Yes. Younger sibling actually meaning it could even be Arya which is who I'm hoping for. Also, don't rule out Dany or Brienne. Brienne could be interesting because Cersei is well aware she is in love with Jaime.

Edited by Doc Brown

Watched the finale again last night. Still don't believe Cersei's pregnant; that was a bluff to get Tyrion's sympathy and (hopefully) convince Jamie to go along with her plan. It didn't work with Jamie, but it did with Tyrion -- who left King's Landing believing Cersei's armies will support their cause against the dead. The key is at what point Jamie finds him to explain otherwise -- that will be a significant part of the early S7 story, I think.

Sansa/Arya/Littlefinger -- looking back at the season I think it's clear Sansa and Arya were not intentionally setting LF up...it seems to me Sansa was indeed shocked/frightened by what Arya had become, and Arya questioned Sansa's loyalty to the family. The key was Bran finally making himself useful; what we didn't see but obviously happened is that Sansa (with or without Arya) consulted Bran, who revealed all of LF's true intentions over the course of the timeline. Only then did Sansa finally "learn" what was going on and initiate the plan for LF's demise. It was a beautiful scene, though.

It's going to be very interesting to see how the revelation of Jon's -- err, Aegon's -- true identity is treated. Will Jon be alone when he learns it, or who else will be present (Dany/Jorah/Tyrion/Davos)? Many different ways to handle this. For example -- if he's alone when he learns his identity, does Jon keep it to himself so as not to upset the ongoing campaign? When Dany learns how does she react, knowing she is no longer the rightful heir to the throne? This storyline will be awesome if done well.

How the eff do you stop that blue-ice-fire-breathing undead dragon?

That is a bad, bad theory and people who believe it are stupid.

I can't think of any information that would give any credence do that theory of which I can think of in the books or show other than Cersei being like the Mad King in setting people on fire.

Not saying that I either endorse nor refute it, but the theory is that Targarians are either blessed or cursed. Targarians will either be a great leader (Rhaegar) or a mad tyrant (Aerys, Vyseris). We know Cersei is one ruthless See You Next Tuesday, could Jamie be the blessed to balance it out?

Sansa/Arya/Littlefinger -- looking back at the season I think it's clear Sansa and Arya were not intentionally setting LF up...it seems to me Sansa was indeed shocked/frightened by what Arya had become, and Arya questioned Sansa's loyalty to the family. The key was Bran finally making himself useful; what we didn't see but obviously happened is that Sansa (with or without Arya) consulted Bran, who revealed all of LF's true intentions over the course of the timeline. Only then did Sansa finally "learn" what was going on and initiate the plan for LF's demise. It was a beautiful scene, though.

When Arya walked into that room to confront Sansa with Bran at her side, I knew Littlefinger was a dead man :D

Watched the finale again last night. Still don't believe Cersei's pregnant; that was a bluff to get Tyrion's sympathy and (hopefully) convince Jamie to go along with her plan. It didn't work with Jamie, but it did with Tyrion -- who left King's Landing believing Cersei's armies will support their cause against the dead. The key is at what point Jamie finds him to explain otherwise -- that will be a significant part of the early S7 story, I think.

It's going to be very interesting to see how the revelation of Jon's -- err, Aegon's -- true identity is treated. Will Jon be alone when he learns it, or who else will be present (Dany/Jorah/Tyrion/Davos)? Many different ways to handle this. For example -- if he's alone when he learns his identity, does Jon keep it to himself so as not to upset the ongoing campaign? When Dany learns how does she react, knowing she is no longer the rightful heir to the throne? This storyline will be awesome if done well.

How the eff do you stop that blue-ice-fire-breathing undead dragon?

It's possible since the Night King raised it from the dead that if you kill the Night King you kill the dragon. Also, you could craft a massive sphere like the one used by the night king and make it out of valyrian steel or dragonglass.

To all your other points, I was concerned that the final season was going to just be massive battles between the army of the dead and the remaining humans of Westeros. Zombie armies are uninteresting to me so I'm glad there's still a lot of unresolved issues that you pointed out among the main characters on the show.

Does anyone find it problematic that the huge three-episode-spanning plan to capture a zombie and bring it to Cersei, which lost them a dragon and almost got 90% of the show's cast killed (not to mention tore a giant hole in the Westerosi spacetime continuum), was based on the premise that it was the only way she'd believe they were under threat from an army of the dead...despite the fact that she has a zombie as a bodyguard 24/7???

A fair point, but one could argue Kyburn is a scientist, a necromancer. He raised the Mountain from the dead with science, not magic.

It is technically different. He used the technology and means of his time to "resurrect" him. I think it is an important distinction.

I really like how one could argue that Sam and Kyburn are opposites. Both left the Citadel because they want to be harbingers of change, not just history.

Kyburn's ideas are too radical, yet prove they yield results. Not just with the mountain, see the scorpion. That weapon was a marvel of medieval engineering; how it so easily moved on its tilt, aimed and reloaded with efficiency.

Kyburn knows his stuff, despite his wretched intentions. Sam doesn't want to record the histories "of better men," and so sets out to make history himself. He already cracked the biggest mystery of the seven kingdoms, is one of 2 living people to kill an ice zombie demon of the Apocalypse, and is in the heart of the battle to come. Could he be the one retelling "the song of ice and fire" to young students at the Citadel when the story ends?

The fact he's a chubby dude named Sam, a la LOTR, and hangs out with all of the major characters can't be a coincidence.

Ugh. We all should start working out, eating healthy and hope North Korea doesn't start the actual Game of Thrones before 2019.

A fair point, but one could argue Kyburn is a scientist, a necromancer. He raised the Mountain from the dead with science, not magic.

It is technically different. He used the technology and means of his time to "resurrect" him. I think it is an important distinction.

I really like how one could argue that Sam and Kyburn are opposites. Both left the Citadel because they want to be harbingers of change, not just history.

Kyburn's ideas are too radical, yet prove they yield results. Not just with the mountain, see the scorpion. That weapon was a marvel of medieval engineering; how it so easily moved on its tilt, aimed and reloaded with efficiency.

Kyburn knows his stuff, despite his wretched intentions. Sam doesn't want to record the histories "of better men," and so sets out to make history himself. He already cracked the biggest mystery of the seven kingdoms, is one of 2 living people to kill an ice zombie demon of the Apocalypse, and is in the heart of the battle to come. Could he be the one retelling "the song of ice and fire" to young students at the Citadel when the story ends?

The fact he's a chubby dude named Sam, a la LOTR, and hangs out with all of the major characters can't be a coincidence.

Ugh. We all should start working out, eating healthy and hope North Korea doesn't start the actual Game of Thrones before 2019.

it's a show to watch and think about the popcorn at the same time.

Don't worry too much about any consistency at all in time or space or plot or travel.

The Night King has sat around on his duff for a long time, so he must know he cannot win in the end.

There were reasons for that as the Children of the Forrest cast spells to prevent them from going to far South. Bran ruined that by touching the Night King. It also takes a long time to turn enough living humans into White Walkers and kill enough Wildlings to build a formidable army. The Night King obviously feels now he finally has an army that can conquer the world.

Just wanted to show some appreciation for Coster-Waldau. Phenomenal acting this season in a couple of very emotional moments for his character.

Yeah. He's done a good job and so has Lena Headey. I like how GOT uses symbolism with the three Lannister kids. Jaime and Tyrion's hair went from typical Lannister blonde to more of brown over the seasons symbolizing they've grown as characters and Cersei's hair color stayed the same. Also, the new "Queensguard" is wearing black cloaks symbolizing pure evil.

Yeah. He's done a good job and so has Lena Headey. I like how GOT uses symbolism with the three Lannister kids. Jaime and Tyrion's hair went from typical Lannister blonde to more of brown over the seasons symbolizing they've grown as characters and Cersei's hair color stayed the same. Also, the new "Queensguard" is wearing black cloaks symbolizing pure evil.

Would you say that a year or even months have passed and yet her hair hasn't grown an inch since the Walk of Shame.

I assumed at this point it was one of Martin's dead ends. Maybe it will come into play if he finishes the books.

IIRC in the book Damphair or the other Uncle had it. I think one or two of the crew blew it and burned up.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Would you say that a year or even months have passed and yet her hair hasn't grown an inch since the Walk of Shame.

IIRC in the book Damphair or the other Uncle had it. I think one or two of the crew blew it and burned up.

I should really read the books again when I have time. It's been so long that I barely remember details like this.

I honestly am trying to figure out cersei's line of thinking

I understand she wants to win in the end....but lets say that Snow, Dany, her dragons, and all their men LOSE the battle with the whitewalkers (its not completely inconceivable especially now that they have their own dragon)

What is to stop cercei and her army from being slaughtered by what will now be all of the beforementioned now being whitewalkers and marching on her lone army.

It was in her best interests to join up.

I understand she wants to win in the end....but lets say that Snow, Dany, her dragons, and all their men LOSE the battle with the whitewalkers (its not completely inconceivable especially now that they have their own dragon)

What is to stop cercei and her army from being slaughtered by what will now be all of the beforementioned now being whitewalkers and marching on her lone army.

I think her logic is she's dead either way. If the Army of the Dead win, she's dead. If Dany and Jon win, she's dead.

She has nothing to lose by keeping her army close while facing those odds. Plus, she might actually have a chance to win if Dany and Jon win and have their armies shattered by the dead.

She's hoping one side will do enough damage to the winning side so her armies have a chance at winning.

I just read that the final season could be in 2019. I had no idea that it possibly wouldn't be ready next summer.

GoT S1-S6 premiered in April.

The extra detail to S7 pushed the premier almost an extra half year to August.

A year and a half from now is 2019.

Mid February at the earliest. No way HBO/GoT is going to compete for Sunday night ratings against the NFL

Edited by /dev/null

I think her logic is she's dead either way. If the Army of the Dead win, she's dead. If Dany and Jon win, she's dead.

She has nothing to lose by keeping her army close while facing those odds. Plus, she might actually have a chance to win if Dany and Jon win and have their armies shattered by the dead.

but....at that point would dany and jon's armies become UNDEAD.....therefore making a completely overwhelming force she would have no chance of beating....I get visions of the castle she is in being overwhelmed......and a undead Dany and the main whitewalker guy coming walking into her throne room to finish her off.

She's hoping one side will do enough damage to the winning side so her armies have a chance at winning.

Except that if the living lose, the dead army gets much, much stronger (since all the living soldiers now become dead soldiers). So Cersei better be hoping Dani/Jon win...because if they lose, their army effectively switches sides and Cersei's well and truly !@#$ed.

ALWAYS kill the zombie army first, before the human army. Always. Regular armies kill your soldiers. Zombie armies make them switch sides.

GoT S1-S6 premiered in April.

The extra detail to S7 pushed the premier almost an extra half year to August.

A year and a half from now is 2019.

Mid February at the earliest. No way HBO/GoT is going to compete for Sunday night ratings against the NFL

I heard somewhere that part of the reason is the filming schedule being constrained by the need to film in winter. They can't bring Dubrovnik (King's Landing) to winter, for example, they have to wait for winter to get there...

I should really read the books again when I have time. It's been so long that I barely remember details like this.

I'm nursing my way through the last book

but....at that point would dany and jon's armies become UNDEAD.....therefore making a completely overwhelming force she would have no chance of beating....I get visions of the castle she is in being overwhelmed......and a undead Dany and the main whitewalker guy coming walking into her throne room to finish her off.

Not to mention 3 dragons

Except that if the living lose, the dead army gets much, much stronger (since all the living soldiers now become dead soldiers). So Cersei better be hoping Dani/Jon win...because if they lose, their army effectively switches sides and Cersei's well and truly !@#$ed.

ALWAYS kill the zombie army first, before the human army. Always. Regular armies kill your soldiers. Zombie armies make them switch sides.

Well, she still has large amount of wildfire and if there's only a couple of White Walkers left all she has to do is kill them. However, you're probably correct in that if the dead win she's screwed.

What happened to the whole mining dragonglass plan? Make a bunch of arrowheads and your whitewalker problem seems more manageable.

This is one of my questions. It really bugged me when they left from Dragonstone to raid north of the wall... but no one brought dragonglass with them but Jorrah.

This is one of my questions. It really bugged me when they left from Dragonstone to raid north of the wall... but no one brought dragonglass with them but Jorrah.

To be fair, Jon with his Valaryian steel and the flaming sword crew were already armed

Rest of the crew should have been better prepared.

To be fair, Jon with his Valaryian steel and the flaming sword crew were already armed

But the original plan was to get a ton of it and start making weapons. And it was a great idea, until they decided that hijacking a whitewalker and frogmarching it down to King's Landing with hopes of impressing Cersei was a better strategy.

Dumb dumb dumb.

That's true and a good point. I did expect Jon to bring Tormund dragonglass though since he knew he was going to take him along.

But the original plan was to get a ton of it and start making weapons. And it was a great idea, until they decided that hijacking a whitewalker and frogmarching it down to King's Landing with hopes of impressing Cersei was a better strategy.

Dumb dumb dumb.

I had assumed they were doing both, or hadn't stopped their mining operation (the Onion Knight did try to get Gendry to stay with that crew) for the wight mission.

They had better have a bunch of dragonglass weapons on its way up to Winterfell...