Game of Thrones: Season 7

/dev/null

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arya. Those eyebrows are pretty scary.

The eyebrows are scary but do some Googling and you'll find a couple of swimsuit photos that are eye-opening. GOT has done a good job of de-feminizing her, but that's a woman.

If anyone has an interest

Bariston talking to Danny

Prince Aerys as a youth, he was taken with a certain lady of Casterly Rock, a cousin of Tywin Lannister. When she and Tywin wed, your father drank too much wine at the wedding feast and was heard to say that it was a great pity that the lords right to the first night had been abolished. A drunken jape, no more, but Tywin Lannister was not a man to forget such words, or the the liberties your father took during the bedding.

First night eliminates Tyrion

Unless there were an occurrence at a later time

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

If anyone has an interest

Bariston talking to Danny

Prince Aerys as a youth, he was taken with a certain lady of Casterly Rock, a cousin of Tywin Lannister. When she and Tywin wed, your father drank too much wine at the wedding feast and was heard to say that it was a great pity that the lords right to the first night had been abolished. A drunken jape, no more, but Tywin Lannister was not a man to forget such words, or the the liberties your father took during the bedding.

First night eliminates Tyrion

Unless there were an occurrence at a later time

That has been the theory bouncing around for a while. When Tywin was playing the Hand the Mad King was playing with the wife of the Hand

But does raise the possibility that of the elder Lannisters, Cersei and Jaimie, who have been to known to indulge in the Targaryian custom of inbreeding

Edited by /dev/null

The eyebrows are scary but do some Googling and you'll find a couple of swimsuit photos that are eye-opening. GOT has done a good job of de-feminizing her, but that's a woman.

I've seen them, but I can't get past those eyebrows.

I prefer redheads anyways.

10_Sophie_Turner.jpg

The Hound and Arya's moral compass seem to be going in the opposite direction.

Actually, I thought the scene with the Lannister soldiers was a humanizing moment for Arya. It started with her sizing up the situation if she had to fight, and ended with her realizing these were just regular people, drawn into someone else's war, who would rather be home helping a father or seeing the birth of a child. The Freys, on the other hand, got their just desserts...

Have to disagree with you here. I thought the Sam scene was Abit of unexpectedly well placed humor.

I agree, it was pretty funny. But it also gives a sense of the amount of time Sam's been there as well as showing his loyalty and the length he is willing to go to in order to help Jon Snow defeat the white walkers. There could be severe consequences for taking that book though...

Also here's an interesting theory regarding Ser Jorah:

He was sent away by Daenerys in hopes of finding a cure for greyscale. The theory is that on one of the pages the Sam was thumbing through there is a part that states that Dragonglass can cure diseases. If that's true, I can see Sam getting caught taking the book and thrown in one of the cells and escaping with the help of Ser Jorah....

Edited by ricojes

I agree, it was pretty funny. But it also gives a sense of the amount of time Sam's been there as well as showing his loyalty and the length he is willing to go to in order to help Jon Snow defeat the white walkers. There could be severe consequences for taking that book though...

He was sent away by Daenerys in hopes of finding a cure for greyscale. The theory is that on one of the pages the Sam was thumbing through there is a part that states that Dragonglass can cure diseases. If that's true, I can see Sam getting caught taking the book and thrown in one of the cells and escaping with the help of Ser Jorah....

Only if they notice it's missing

What could be worse that this ----- SPOILER if you hasn't see the season premier.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Actually, I thought the scene with the Lannister soldiers was a humanizing moment for Arya. It started with her sizing up the situation if she had to fight, and ended with her realizing these were just regular people, drawn into someone else's war, who would rather be home helping a father or seeing the birth of a child. The Freys, on the other hand, got their just desserts...

True. Either that or she was starstruck when she saw Ed Sheeran. I just assumed she killed them all.

True. Either that or she was starstruck when she saw Ed Sheeran. I just assumed she killed them all.

hopefully we'll find out this week. Given that she couldn't kill the actress, I have to believe she has empathy for those not on her list...

Considering how she died, was that a pun? :pirate:

Freudian!

I'm so bummed she won't be in the show anymore but Cersei is such an amazing character. I hate her as I'm supposed to but felt bad for her when Tommen jumped and loved when she had the woman from the sept chained to the table. I got chills with the "you won't be dying for a while" line. I binged this series from the middle of May until last week and could barely stand the week I had to wait for a new episode.

Oona Chaplin and Rose Leslie are my favorites to date.

I had to google each to see who they played. Oona indeed loved her. They did a great job making Rose homely as a wildling. I also learned that Jon Snow dates Ygritte in real life. Now you all also have that incredibly useless piece of knowledge. ;)

Anyone who does not think Sansa is hot well......you are entitled to your opinion!

(I just dont agree with it)

It's hard to question Sophie Turner's beauty.

Indeed. I didn't mean to imply she isn't hot. Just that I prefer Margaery :wub:

Yeah. Sorry. What makes it even more frustrating is she's a lesbian.

They wanted to cast Lily Allen originally, who in real life is Theon's brother sister ( :oops: ). they actually sent her the scene where Theon feels her up and thought she would go for it.

Hard to figure why she passed.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

They wanted to cast Lily Allen originally, who in real life is Theon's brother... they actually sent her the scene where Theon feels her up and thought she would go for it.

Hard to figure why she passed.

Interesting. She would of been a way better choice.

MI0003606273.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

I'd be more than happy to see him kill the Sand Snakes.

Can it happen off-screen? I never want to see the Dornish Hens again.

Wish granted. Thank god. Theon having a little PTSD there. Maybe Gendry will save him in his row boat.

Good call on Sam treating Jorah's greyscale.

Wide ranging episode and this season's going at a fast pace (a little too fast maybe). Think they could of stretched this season out another episode or two. The most confusing scene for me was Arya and Nymeria. When Arya said "It's not you" was she talking about herself and she's not the same person she was in season 1? Maybe she'll turn around South and get back to her kill list. Is Nymeria still pissed at her from making her leave in season 1 or is she the leader of her own pack of wolves (like in the book) and doesn't want to leave her territory?

Looks like Jon will finally meet Dany and it will be interesting to see if he bends the knee. It's amusing that it just suddenly occurred to Davos and Jon that dragons could be useful in fighting the Whitewalkers. Dany may be following in her father's footsteps into madness (does Jaime have to kill another Targaryen to save the kingdom?). You know Littlefinger has something cooked up his sleeve especially with Sansa being the temporary ruler of the North.

I gotta say, I'm not loving Cersei's plan to attack the dragons. It looks basically like the Hobbit solution with a wind lance. Also, I know we get fewer episodes this season, but I thought they were supposed to be longer episodes.

Wish granted. Thank god. Theon having a little PTSD there. Maybe Gendry will save him in his row boat.

Wide ranging episode and this season's going at a fast pace (a little too fast maybe). Think they could of stretched this season out another episode or two. The most confusing scene for me was Arya and Nymeria. When Arya said "It's not you" was she talking about herself and she's not the same person she was in season 1? Maybe she'll turn around South and get back to her kill list. Is Nymeria still pissed at her from making her leave in season 1 or is she the leader of her own pack of wolves (like in the book) and doesn't want to leave her territory?

Looks like Jon will finally meet Dany and it will be interesting to see if he bends the knee. It's amusing that it just suddenly occurred to Davos and Jon that dragons could be useful in fighting the Whitewalkers. Dany may be following in her father's footsteps into madness (does Jaime have to kill another Targaryen to save the kingdom?). You know Littlefinger has something cooked up his sleeve especially with Sansa being the temporary ruler of the North.

Arya / Nymeria: My guess is she was talking about herself and Nymeria. Both are hunters that can't just go back to the way things were.

Jon / Davos / Dragons: I don't think they just realized dragons could fight the Whitewalkers, it just wasn't an option. Until Dany landed Dragons were as plentiful in Westeros as Apache helicopters and napalm

Jon will not bend a knee

Dany is not going mad. She knows is in Westeros now and has to adapt her strategy play the game by house rules

I gotta say, I'm not loving Cersei's plan to attack the dragons. It looks basically like the Hobbit solution with a wind lance. Also, I know we get fewer episodes this season, but I thought they were supposed to be longer episodes.

Yeah I wasn't feeling that either. One flaw to that plan is living dragons have scales that may deflect any harpoons plus living bone is much stronger than fossilzed.

Edited by /dev/null

the last couple of eps are 70 and 81 mins

Sam's got balls. He's broken 2 rules so far. Get R Done!

"It's not you" could be about herself, or Nymerias offspring, that somehow sensed the connection. If it is Nymeria, maybe she'll follow close to Arya along her travels.

I don't think Dany is "mad" mad. Q - why wait until then to chastise Varys for switching sides?

Littlefinger was poking the bear pushing Jon, Might he find himself joining the Black involuntarily?

2 Sand Snakes down. The hot young one Tyene and momma captured with Yara. Might that be Cersei's prize? I thought Euron got stabbed a number of times. I'll have to watch it again in slow mo later.

Hot pie showed up, why not Gendry.

If Dany doesn't attack Kings Landing with the dragons the ballista is all but useless.

Not sure if Jon will bend the knee.

Arya / Nymeria: My guess is she was talking about herself and Nymeria. Both are hunters that can't just go back to the way things were.

Jon / Davos / Dragons: I don't think they just realized dragons could fight the Whitewalkers, it just wasn't an option. Until Dany landed Dragons were as plentiful in Westeros as Apache helicopters and napalm

Jon will not bend a knee

Dany is not going mad. She knows is in Westeros now and has to adapt her strategy play the game by house rules

Yeah I wasn't feeling that either. One flaw to that plan is living dragons have scales that may deflect any harpoons plus living bone is much stronger than fossilzed.

Drogon was injured by spears, but as a much "younger/ smaller" dragon.

Yeah, I was expecting something much more interesting to deal with dragons than a big crossbow.

Pretty sure Euron got stabbed in the groin...does he have any supernatural powers?