Bills hire Marvin Allen, KC Dir College Scouting

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The principle I was defending was getting your best people in place before the draft. The Indy GM was hired in January and ran the draft. Our GM came in after the draft. The GM is more important and you want your best personnel guys working together. If you like the new hires you will have to admit they played no role in the last draft.

Why don't you just admit you were wrong?

Sounds like you should make that a t-shirt and wear it. Because you defend every scheme and shiny object Russ Brandon has ever sold.

Got that set of steak knifes from Brandon on the way in the mail

Doesnt change the fact that people can make some real money betting THE OPPOSITE of anything you say

Got that set of steak knifes from Brandon on the way in the mail

Doesnt change the fact that people can make some real money betting THE OPPOSITE of anything you say

Really? I would clean your clock betting on football games and in any fantasy football league. If you want to give me your $$$ this year that can be arranged.

The principle I was defending was getting your best people in place before the draft. The Indy GM was hired in January and ran the draft. Our GM came in after the draft. The GM is more important and you want your best personnel guys working together. If you like the new hires you will have to admit they played no role in the last draft.

I understand what you are saying and you can make the argument that Whaley should have been let go with Rex forcing the Bills to find another GM. Since Pegula let everyone go, he would have been crazy to do that before the draft. I think McD and Whaley worked together on the draft getting players McD wanted. I dont think Beane can complain about coming to a situation where he has two first round picks next year. Just because Indy did it in Jan doesnt mean that the Bills are wrong with the path they chose.

Impossible. If you read here, the Bills suck, how we hire personnel suck and no one worth a damn wants to work for us... *sarcasm off*

No, everything the Bills do is great, everyone wants to work here and every player wants to play here

That is a basic statement. Who would argue that? Your constant banter from the negative without facts to back you up, apparently now even making stuff up at times, does get tiresome. That is the main thing under scrutiny right now. Admitting when you are wrong also seems to be an m.o. of yours as well. Work on it.

That is a basic statement. Who would argue that? Your constant banter from the negative without facts to back you up, apparently now even making stuff up at times, does get tiresome. That is the main thing under scrutiny right now. Admitting when you are wrong also seems to be an m.o. of yours as well. Work on it.

Work on yourself. If you can't understand basic sentences then that is on you.

Work on yourself. If you can't understand basic sentences then that is on you.

Genius bud. I did understand the sentence, and provided a basic retort. Don't you get tired of being a downer? Seems like a sad way to live.

Here. This should be more up your alley. John Murphy and Donald Jones will serve you some Koolaid just the way you like it.

http://www.wgr550.com/shows/john-murphy-show-donald-jones-weekdays-12p-3p

Kool Aid? I was just looking for actual facts surrounding a well-hired front office to-date. You were looking for an argument with false truths as your backing. The consistency in your belief regarding the order in which the hiring was done is admirable, but at the same time sad. You have had numerous far more knowledgeable posters than you give you fact, which you continue to ignore, regarding the majority of organizations and the way in they handle front office shake-ups.

I'm all for discussion and takes from both sides, but this point should be moot.

No, everything the Bills do is great, everyone wants to work here and every player wants to play here

I'm quite sure there's some middle ground between these two extremes. That's the place where most of us live.

In addition to good info on Allen, I find it interesting that this piece also stated the Chiefs waited until after the Draft to fire their scouts and hire their own personnel....something many on this message board were flaming away at the Bills for doing...also, I like this hire presuming it comes to fruition. I really like this move especially in light of all the other personnel moves they've done so far. If it holds, this to me signals once more there is a new direction at OBD.

eh, not 'many', just a couple know nothing know-it-alls who obnoxiously harped on it in multiple threads despite knowledgeable fans trying to help out.

Anyway, it appears this is yet another excellent addition! <fastening Doomshield down w/ extra long spikes>

Hey Bills Fan,

Question: Why is it if the Bills do nothing, we suck and if the Bills make moves, we suck? Is the view from your parents basement that shallow? We have done what many of YOU have called for for years; clean house? Strip the ship and start anew. Now that we have taken steps to do just that, it's still not good enough.

Maybe the Clearasil vapors are affecting your thought process, but I, for one, enjoy monitoring the steps to success MY team is taking to improve!

Hey Bills Fan,

Question: Why is it if the Bills do nothing, we suck and if the Bills make moves, we suck? Is the view from your parents basement that shallow? We have done what many of YOU have called for for years; clean house? Strip the ship and start anew. Now that we have taken steps to do just that, it's still not good enough.

Maybe the Clearasil vapors are affecting your thought process, but I, for one, enjoy monitoring the steps to success MY team is taking to improve!

What was that all about? Edited by BillsFan17

Kool Aid? I was just looking for actual facts surrounding a well-hired front office to-date. You were looking for an argument with false truths as your backing. The consistency in your belief regarding the order in which the hiring was done is admirable, but at the same time sad. You have had numerous far more knowledgeable posters than you give you fact, which you continue to ignore, regarding the majority of organizations and the way in they handle front office shake-ups.

I'm all for discussion and takes from both sides, but this point should be moot.

Kool Aid = anything that doesnt fit Jeff's narrative

Hey Bills Fan,

I think people want results and are tired of all the losing. No one can say whether these changes will finally get this team moving in the right direction. In the end the product on the field will speak the loudest. Until then all this off season talk is just talk and people just need to keep an open mind while hoping for the best.

Edited by billieve420

Slowly but surely the pieces are falling into place. I dont know if they will succeed but I do know that these guys cant be any worse the the guys before them. Only direction we can go is up. I am very happy to see change. I like these hires

The biggest difference will be one voice and one vision.

It is also nice to hire experienced and respected people into basically the same roles. That is a huge change from how the Bills previously did things. Pegula is finding a new way to spend money and he got it right this time.

Now Bills fans should try to forget the drought and give these guys a real chance to build something.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I'm quite sure there's some middle ground between these two extremes. That's the place where most of us live.

It's where I live.

I'm excited to have a new coaching staff that - on paper - seems to be qualified and new personnel leadership that - on paper - seems to be qualified.

But my optimism will be of the cautious variety until I see results on the field.

One thing should be undeniable about the Bills offseason is the positivity coming from many NFL media reports and experts. Save Jerry Sullivan and a couple others.

This is a far cry from the many who have in the past screamed dysfunction.

Does this guarantee success? Of course not. Let's hope the Pegula's got it right this time, they haven't been successful with Bills/Sabres, but they have done well in many other venues.

Go Bills

If Beane won't make that much of a difference then why celebrate his hiring? I am not negative on Beane himself. I just have no idea who is doing what and that has been the same Buffalo Bills deal we have had since Levy/Jauron/Modrak.

And I'm sure the Bills are concerned that YOU are not in the loop, that was one of their biggest off-season priorities! Probably one of the reasons Whaley was shown the door...

pretty much everything

I literally spit my drink on my keyboard :beer:

Back on topic, seems like another solid hire! Can't wait to see how this group preforms over the next few years...

I just have no idea who is doing what and that has been the same Buffalo Bills deal we have had since Levy/Jauron/Modrak.

I don't mean this to be rude but who cares what you know or don't know? How does that have any bearing on the organization's effectiveness going forward?