Working on this now

ce56d86e44f653b88497867e6383dfaa.jpg

spend hours over the next few years pasting Sully's work into a big scrapbook

hi-light in yellow all the times he's been wrong

sit there in bitter juices stewing over this

maybe someday you can meet him and show the scrapbook of how wrong he's been

I need to get some stock in highlighters then

http://buffalonews.com/2017/05/16/rex-carr-buying-yet-bills-sabres/

Old reliable is back. He is advocating a retread to run the team. If they had hired a retread he would advocate fresh blood. I don't know how his editor doesn't hand him back this article and tell him to try a fresh approach.

after all the Editor keeps buying the same trash

I called him out once to his editor directly in an e-mail. Sullivan had written an article especially full of logical flaws and a fair amount of provable falsehoods (even for him).

My assertion was that Sullivan is a troll who spews nonsense for click-bait, and that the BN likes him that way.

The editor wrote me back with what I would characterize as a non-denial denial. (He might disagree - but that's my take.)

Point being - if we keep clicking, the BN is happy. Rational is not a prerequisite over there, and they're not concerned with maintaining any sort of reputation.

Edited by BobChalmers

He's not advocating a retread.

He does say he'd have preferred a veteran football guy with experience for GM. But doesn't advocate anybody.

And he's making fun of himself here, as he always does in those columns featuring his buddy Rex at the bar.

An example: "Typical negativity," Rex snarled. "You'd find something bad to say about 70 degrees and sunny. You ran off Whaley and ripped the Pegulas for dysfunction. So they got Brandon Beane for GM, stole Joe Schoen from Miami to be his assistant, and now they get Gaine on top of it. Do you hit the ground unhappy in the morning?"

There's nothing wrong with this. It's kinda funny.

Exactly, well said.

I can see how the less-savvy reader couldn't tell this and get upset as usual, but that was probably his intent.

Edited by Rico

I think the point about Sully is; he constantly writes the same theme in his articles - over & over & over.

99% of us want a fresh approach to a Sports Columnist in Buffalo.

His shtick is just negative & boring. He might be right about some stuff with the Bills & Sabres, but how obvious is that!

Just because he gets clicks because we hate is guts, doesn't mean he's a good writer. WAKE UP BFLO NEWS!

How about a fresh approach to running the teams first? Perhaps the columns will change when the teams actually do. And I'm not talking off-season action.

Agreed

I would wager all these guys would love for these teams to do well. It has got to be monotonous to cover these guys

Nice job by Sully. At least he's recognizing that he's always negative.

Here's something he said that bothers me, not so much about Sully but about everyone who comments on the Bills, including us here:

"I'm a little confused about the structure," I said. "McDermott and Beane both answer to Pegula, but the new Sabres coach will answer to Botterill. Can't the Pegulas pick a model and stick with it? They make it up as they go along."

That's just a lot of BS. We all seem to think we're qualified to criticize every aspect of the Bills organization. Look, teams organize themselves in all different ways. Most of the teams don't win the Super Bowl. Teams that DO win the Super Bowl are organized in different ways. Sully, and others who question this kind of stuff, never coached a football team, never was a GM, never owned a team, never did ANYTHING that would make his opinion about the management structure meaningful. It's just BS.

Listen to the Peter King interview on the John Murphy show. For about five minutes he stumbles around talking about whether the McDermott/Beane combination will result in breaking the playoff drought. He struggles to say something meaningful and all he says is "how the hell do I know?" He says different combinations have worked or not worked in different settings. No one knows. He likes that McD and Beane worked together, but that doesn't mean anything in terms of wins when the season starts. McD was a great hire or a bad one, Beane was a great hire or a bad one, the reporting structure is a great one or a bad one.

No one knows.