Mr Sunshine Sully Sullivan at it again

http://buffalonews.com/2017/05/16/rex-carr-buying-yet-bills-sabres/

Old reliable is back. He is advocating a retread to run the team. If they had hired a retread he would advocate fresh blood. I don't know how his editor doesn't hand him back this article and tell him to try a fresh approach.

after all the Editor keeps buying the same trash

I know Rex Carr. Decent guy..

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't link to his articles. I make it a point specifically to never click on his stuff. If you don't like his stuff, don't support him being employed by TBN by not adding to his click count

I just want to point out that TBN works on a subscription based model. While they do have ads, whether you click on articles or not isn't going to impact a TBN writer in the least. It's not going to change his salary, this isn't Bleacher Report.

I just want to point out that TBN works on a subscription based model. While they do have ads, whether you click on articles or not isn't going to impact a TBN writer in the least. It's not going to change his salary, this isn't Bleacher Report.

I swore the Buffalo News ages ago. The only way I even know anything about them is when a thread appears at TBD.

I swore the Buffalo News ages ago. The only way I even know anything about them is when a thread appears at TBD.

I'm pretty sure if you don't have a sub you can't read the articles anyway. Maybe they give you the first 10 for free or something? But yeah, if you want to voice your displeasure then cancel your subscription. The whole "I'm not going to click on the articles" thing is just silly in this case.

I'm pretty sure if you don't have a sub you can't read the articles anyway. Maybe they give you the first 10 for free or something? But yeah, if you want to voice your displeasure then cancel your subscription. The whole "I'm not going to click on the articles" thing is just silly in this case.

It's 10 free/month, but you get a fresh 10 if you use a different device. Like I said, I don't bother anymore.

You can absolutely read his articles without a subscription and you're kidding yourself if you think they don't take views into account when evaluating writers; it's half the reason why half of their writers just make ridiculous whiny comments on twitter, to drive traffic to their pages.

You can absolutely read his articles without a subscription and you're kidding yourself if you think they don't take views into account when evaluating writers; it's half the reason why half of their writers just make ridiculous whiny comments on twitter, to drive traffic to their pages.

Lack of views isn't going to change his salary. He's not going to lose his job and he's certainly not going to change his tone. Again, it's not going to impact him at all. You want to get their attention? Start cancelling subscriptions en masse.

Lack of views isn't going to change his salary. He's not going to lose his job and he's certainly not going to change his tone. Again, it's not going to impact him at all. You want to get their attention? Start cancelling subscriptions en masse.

You really want their attention contact advertisers and tell them you won't use their products

"Yeah hello, Northtown Subaru?? Yes, hi, I will NEVER buy a car from you so long as Jerry Sullivan works for the Buffalo News!!"

lollercoaster ensues.

maybe even a lolcano.

"And consider yourself ON NOTICE Andersen's Custard!!"

Edited by 4_kidd_4

The most annoying trend you see from people like Sully and Timmah! Graham any more is their need to insert themselves into their articles.

It's no longer a story about the Bills, but rather a story about them talking about the Bills. Timmah posted an article early this week that was written specifically to get people to say one of two things: either "Timmah doesn't know what he's talking about" or "You just don't understand Timmah."

He's like the Donald Trump of sports writers. You know what he's supposed to be doing, but then the words come out, you shake your head and wonder "How long does the body survive after that ego is put to death?"

Help me understand this obsession with beating up on Sully.

The Bills in particular have been pathetic as an organization for almost two decades. For those of us who remember the Bills of, say, 1988 through 1996, we know what a well-run organization looks like - from front office to coaching to players. Over the last 17 years we have witnessed bumbling and stumbling of epoch proportions including a coach quitting and getting a $4 million golden parachute, firing an offensive coordinator the week of the season opener, half the team acquired via free agency, horrific drafts and draft decisions, and poor to mediocre won-loss records as reliable as the sun coming up.

Sullivan expresses skepticism at nearly every decision the organization makes because the Bills have EARNED it. (And so have the Sabres for a shorter period of time.) In this article, he has basically said the recent hires look GOOD ON PAPER - but they have collectively proven nothing. That's wrong?

For those of you wanting to put lipstick on this pig, it's been 17 YEARS! The most relevant example of the word "inept" that I can think of. Criticize Sullivan when they are winning and he is still critical. He hasn't had the opportunity to do that in almost 20 years.

Sullivan's schtick is to be a contrarian: You say it's sunny, he says we need the rain. As another poster said, he picked on the new hires because they're inexperienced. If the Bills (and Sabres) had picked a retread, he would have said the team needs new blood. As a former journalist, I know his shite works, because it stirs up controversy and people complain about everything he writes. It's a time-tested tradition.

Granted, he's had a fertile field to harvest for so many years, given all the missteps and bad hires and stupid drafts/trades, but I also realize that it's a very lazy way to do his job. He doesn't care because he collects a (probably more-than-decent) salary. The News doesn't care because he generates clicks. But the sad truth is he isn't going away anytime soon, because if he was so good, he would have been hired by a big market publication. So we are stuck with him.

I'll end here because I need another glass of wine.

He doesn't care because he collects a (probably more-than-decent) salary. The News doesn't care because he generates clicks. But the sad truth is he isn't going away anytime soon, because if he was so good, he would have been hired by a big market publication. So we are stuck with him.

I wonder what kind of scratch guys like Sully are actually pulling in. Can it really be that much?

Help me understand this obsession with beating up on Sully.

The Bills in particular have been pathetic as an organization for almost two decades.

I stopped right there.

The Pegula's have owned the Buffalo Bills for two full seasons.

Anyone that questions their desire to put the absolute best product on the field needs their head examined. Anyone that questions their effort in their short time as owners equally needs their head examined.