Mr Sunshine Sully Sullivan at it again

http://buffalonews.com/2017/05/16/rex-carr-buying-yet-bills-sabres/

Old reliable is back. He is advocating a retread to run the team. If they had hired a retread he would advocate fresh blood. I don't know how his editor doesn't hand him back this article and tell him to try a fresh approach.

after all the Editor keeps buying the same trash

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NeckBeard

For all of the junk he writes, this wasn't nearly that caustic. I was actually kind of unmoved when I'd read it.

Old reliable is back. He is advocating a retread to run the team. If they had hired a retread he would advocate fresh blood. I don't know how his editor doesn't hand him back this article and tell him to try a fresh approach.

You must be a Sully fan because you're promoting his work.

To me, this article represents his journalistic persona to a "T"...never happy, always complaining about what isn't and what should be, while continuing to place blame of the past on the present even when they're not related....good for the fan, "Rex", for standing his ground and essentially saying many of the things most of us are thinking: nothing is guaranteed, but like the direction we're heading.

I'm on the fence about Sully. Let's face it, he hasn't had a lot of positive to write about over the years. OTOH, he relishes shooting fish in a barrel as well. One point he made no one objective can argue with..... show me.

this may have been Sully's most balanced article ever! He acknowledges that fans think of him as a wet blanket, gives all their reasons for optimism in the team and himself advocates a "wait and see" approach.

like most, I find Sully's and Isola's negativity grating - but this article is not an example of that.

I read Sully's column, and shockingly, I agree with it. All he's saying is that "we've been here before" ... In 17 years of losing, how many times have the Bills changed FOs and coaching staffs and lured fans into "Billieving" in a resurrection to come only to see the same failures come game day?

NOTE: Technically it's not been 17 losing seasons since there's been 2 9-7 seasons and 3 or 4 8-8 seasons sprinkled among the losers, but at this point, IMO, missing the playoffs and/or failing to win at least 10 games equates to losing.

It was fine.

All it was (and all his pieces that take place with "Rex" at Cole's) are basically the devil and the angel on the shoulder of a Buffalo sports fan. Shows the rah, rah side as well as the possible negative 'reality', and the forces butt heads. I am cautiously optimistic with the recent hires... but I would be lying if I said I didnt hear Sullivan's voice from the article tugging at me.

He's not advocating a retread.

He does say he'd have preferred a veteran football guy with experience for GM. But doesn't advocate anybody.

And he's making fun of himself here, as he always does in those columns featuring his buddy Rex at the bar.

An example: "Typical negativity," Rex snarled. "You'd find something bad to say about 70 degrees and sunny. You ran off Whaley and ripped the Pegulas for dysfunction. So they got Brandon Beane for GM, stole Joe Schoen from Miami to be his assistant, and now they get Gaine on top of it. Do you hit the ground unhappy in the morning?"

There's nothing wrong with this. It's kinda funny.

Edited by Thurman#1

His job is to get readers, nothing else. Why do people care?

exactly

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

someone doesn't agree with me

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Stop reading his **** then.

You get more people to click on it.

I dont think anyone with half a brain (or who's not a troll) is mad at this hire. Good potential with this front office.

I have to agree with this. I tend to ignore anything that has his name on it.

I've had personal interaction with him in the past and can honestly say he's an arrogant jerk.