Welcome Brian Gaine as VP of Player Personnel!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL that's a terrible quality gif! If I weren't such a huge fan of the last boy scout I don't think I could have identified it

Somebody didn't read the rest of the thread...

LoL, who has time for all that reading? I see the title and I comment. Sometimes​ it works, sometimes not so much.

How are we going to handle life when there are no daily/weekly leaks out of the front office about disfunction?

oh, don't you worry, there's people on this board who have whole "Got Lucky" manifesto ready to go if the Bills ever win the SuperBowl

Well we juse got Gaine on a lateral move...

Yes, and he is near the top of the food chain. He wanted to be closer to home. An area scout is going from Denver to Buffalo. The Bills have done a great job so far on all 3 hires. They got people that have good reputations. They need to keep it up but the top of the org chart looks really strong.

What we need is a bonafide QB controversy :) That will help balance us.

Isn't there already one? Everyone is competing for a starting position! Once camp starts we will see the Peterman, Yates, Jones threads popping up as the new starter.

I am very surprised the Texans allowed this to happen. It wasn't a promotion, so they could have blocked it if I am not mistaken.

http://m.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-director-player-personnel-Brian-Gaine-Bills-11147617.php

Under league rules, the Texans could have kept Gaine, who did a terrific job as general manager Rick Smith's right-hand man.

The Texans gave Gaine permission to accept the job because it's a promotion in title and a raise and places him closer to his family in Pearl River, N.Y.

Isn't there already one? Everyone is competing for a starting position! Once camp starts we will see the Peterman, Yates, Jones threads popping up as the new starter.

I am sure that is one thing Beane and company are saying for the sake of keeping the "you have to earn it" message. Especially if there's truth to the rumor that Whaley wanted to move on from TT and McD wanted to keep him.

I am sure that is one thing Beane and company are saying for the sake of keeping the "you have to earn it" message. Especially if there's truth to the rumor that Whaley wanted to move on from TT and McD wanted to keep him.

Well the first part is true for sure. I'm curious if Whaley wanted to move on from TT once he signed the new contract since it would lower the cap hit as opposed to before.

Either way, If we are paying a guy to play might as well see what he can do (In the eyes of McD anyways).