Beane interview Thursday

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pray he signs and lets get this over with

Is this really worthy of prayer? I mean, I can think of 100 other things God might want to fix before our GM problem.

1) Sammy's foot.

2) Dareus' dependence on reefer.

3) World peace

4) Floods and locust

5) Coach McDoormat growing his hair out.

6) A balanced budget

7) LBGTQABC rights

8) Decreasing the speed limit nationwide to 40mph

Etc

Edited by BringBackFergy

Still have to satisfy the Rooney Rule which is why I think we are interviewing Don Gregory. I'm assuming we'll have an answer by the end of next week.

Question about the Rooney Rule...not related to the Bills GM search, just a thought that crossed my mind.

Let's say a team is really narrowed in on the coach or GM they want but have to interview someone for the Rooney Rule, but all of the likely minority interviewees refuse the offer because they know it would just be a formality and they don't really have a shot? I mean, what if you couldn't get a qualified minority candidate to actually interview, then what?

Question about the Rooney Rule...not related to the Bills GM search, just a thought that crossed my mind.

Let's say a team is really narrowed in on the coach or GM they want but have to interview someone for the Rooney Rule, but all of the likely minority interviewees refuse the offer because they know it would just be a formality and they don't really have a shot? I mean, what if you couldn't get a qualified minority candidate to actually interview, then what?

I'd venture that the league would strongly encourage an option to show up and go through the motions for experience and the "never know what happens"

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

#Panthers assistant GM Brandon Beane is flying today & interviewing with the #Bills for their GM opening tomorrow, source said.

We will likely know tomorrow if Beane is their guy!!!!

I'd venture we won't know tomorrow

I pray he signs and lets get this over with

Has this been a stressful 3 days for you?

That is what happened to the Lions several years ago when they actually fired Marty Mornhenwig for the sole purpose of hiring Steve Mariucci when he surprisingly became available. Every prospective minority coach on the planet knew that Mooch was their guy so no one was willing to waste time with agreeing to a pointless interview to satisfy the Rooney Rule. Matt Millen, who was the GM at the time, claimed that he had actually interviewed Dennis Green for the position over the phone -- so I do not believe any action was taken against the Lions at the time.

That is what happened to the Lions several years ago when they actually fired Marty Mornhenwig for the sole purpose of hiring Steve Mariucci when he surprisingly became available. Every prospective minority coach on the planet knew that Mooch was their guy so no one was willing to waste time with agreeing to a pointless interview to satisfy the Rooney Rule. Matt Millen, who was the GM at the time, claimed that he had actually interviewed Dennis Green for the position over the phone -- so I do not believe any action was taken against the Lions at the time.

It's 2017. Beane can just say he identifies as an Black Asian White guy who is also a Middle Eastern Buddhist Muslim who is thinking about converting to Judaism once his gender transition is completed by the Iriquois Doctor who considers him both a son and a daughter. That will keep Goodell's head spinning for a while.

Or they could say they interviewed Whaley to keep his job.

Or they could claim caustic douche bags are a minority and claim they gave Tim Murray a shot.

Or maybe they could just keep an open mind and interview a legit candidate.

It's 2017. Beane can just say he identifies as an Black Asian White guy who is also a Middle Eastern Buddhist Muslim who is thinking about converting to Judaism once his gender transition is completed by the Iriquois Doctor who considers him both a son and a daughter. That will keep Goodell's head spinning for a while.

Or they could say they interviewed Whaley to keep his job.

Or they could claim caustic douche bags are a minority and claim they gave Tim Murray a shot.

Or maybe they could just keep an open mind and interview a legit candidate.

You're on fire this morning. Bravo, great stuff.