Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hogan has a whopping 2 more catches in 16 than he did in 15 with taylor throwing it to him..... this is a really really stupid argument....

i love how you guys are literally ignoring that his hard facts point towards his numbers being better when he had his starters on the field...... again.... "did you even click on the link?"

probably not. a couple of you will just spew trash onto your keyboards about how you swear you saw wr's open!!!! and thats all that counts! not cold hard stats and numbers! not the injuries!.... b b but i saw backups open!!!!....... get a clue.

Did you ever think that the stupid part wasn't targeting the other WR's and Sammy more?

You spoke of Hard FACTS. 2 seasons with TT no playoffs. :oops: Now we may be looking at 3.

2 seasons of TT - practically the fewest passes in the league.

2 seasons of TT - teams shut down the run the Bills Lose way more often than not.

TT and Hogan had a nice connection so not sure where you get that he never threw the ball to him.

Hogan is a good vertical threat and Tyrod is an excellent deep thrower.......but when Sammy was healthy he was getting those throws, not Hogan.

The point is that Hogan WAS that guy with Brady throwing to him. As I stated TT not having any good WR's is the lazy mans excuse.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Same old tired useless excuse.

Didn't matter one bit who suited up and lined up at WR for the Bills as they were open a lot.

So even though they were open but because they were "arena league players" is the reason Tyrod didn't throw them the ball. Whatever, lame excuse!

Big Taylor fan, but I'm not making excuses for him.

Tyrod Taylor has to start seeing more of the football field/ open receivers.

Or Peterman is going to take his job...

We missed the big play offense his past year. I think we had 12 fewer 50 yards plays. With Sammy he probably has 5-6 of those and maybe opens up someone else for a couple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you ever think that the stupid part wasn't targeting the other WR's and Sammy more?

You spoke of Hard FACTS. 2 seasons with TT no playoffs. :oops: Now we may be looking at 3.

2 seasons of TT - teams shut down the run the Bills Lose way more often than not.

The point is that Hogan WAS that guy with Brady throwing to him. As I stated TT not having any good WR's is the lazy mans excuse.

You're straight up ignoring the numbers that people are throwing at you. I'll make it easy:

Hogan in 2015 - 36 receptions, 450 yards, 2 TDs

Hogan in 2016 - 38 receptions, 680 yards, 4 TDs

The Pats had 4308 total passing yards so he accounted for about 16% of their yards.

The 2015 Bills had 3343 yards so he accounted for about 13% of our yards.

Without doing the math he obviously accounted for a lower percentage of receptions with the Pats than he did with us. But he really wasn't that different in New England. Of course he had more yards there, Tyrod is no Brady. But he didn't suddenly become a superstar. He had 2 more catches and accounted for about 2.5% more yards than he did here.

As for Tyrod with and without Watkins/Woods:

With: 62.9% completion, 8.25 YPA, 21 TDs, 5 INTs

Without: 61.5% completion, 6.55 YPA, 10 TDs, 6 INTs

It is simply wrong to say that Tyrod doesn't perform better when better receivers are on the field. This should be painfully obvious without the stats too.

its really really silly to call a wr "the guy" based off ONE playoff game.... that fact that you cant see that is comical.

So... are you trying to say that I should be "impressed" with is his 2.5 catches a game?

Safe Taylor did not utilize the field in the way many fans wanted. His passing game was limited.

It doesn't matter how good the stats are if they weren't used to the teams greatest advantage.

You're straight up ignoring the numbers that people are throwing at you. I'll make it easy:

Hogan in 2015 - 36 receptions, 450 yards, 2 TDs

Hogan in 2016 - 38 receptions, 680 yards, 4 TDs

The Pats had 4308 total passing yards so he accounted for about 16% of their yards.

The 2015 Bills had 3343 yards so he accounted for about 13% of our yards.

Without doing the math he obviously accounted for a lower percentage of receptions with the Pats than he did with us. But he really wasn't that different in New England. Of course he had more yards there, Tyrod is no Brady. But he didn't suddenly become a superstar. He had 2 more catches and accounted for about 2.5% more yards than he did here.

As for Tyrod with and without Watkins/Woods:

With: 62.9% completion, 8.25 YPA, 21 TDs, 5 INTs

Without: 61.5% completion, 6.55 YPA, 10 TDs, 6 INTs

It is simply wrong to say that Tyrod doesn't perform better when better receivers are on the field. This should be painfully obvious without the stats too.

"shadybillsfan" is literally basing his whole argument for hogan off one games worth of work. its absurd. ya cant take a someone like that seriously.

and those numbers you show say it all. it literally cant get anymore cut and dry than that..... but yet a couple posters swear they saw our 4th and 5th stringers open all day!!! just ask them! they'll tell ya! EYEBALL TEST!

Edited by Stank_Nasty

My money is on Peterman starting opening day, he can see the field and operate an NFL system. Tyrod doesn't know what he's looking at and doesn't see his receivers. Tyrod improvises and runs around, Peterman will release the ball on time and operate within the system and will win the favor of the coaches is my best guess. We'll see! Go Bills

Given what I read about Peterman and your take, I wouldn't bet against it. In fact I find it intriguing. If your theory bears fruit then Next year's draft possibilities become wide open.

The leaders of the CoT are out in full force. Time to retreat into the shadows before you all start to call me a hater.

dude you just tried saying hogan was "the guy" in NE after a 38 catch season..... please go ahead and retreat back into the shadows.

Remind me who was the scrub the Bills let go, that guy TT never threw too? I think he broke some kind of playoff record for his new team.

The shtick that TT needs "guys" is a load of ****.

I'm tired of making excuses for why our QB should be great.

So many Tyrod haters.

Yet every argument against the guy is destroyed when you just look the facts.

Keep trying. It is entertaining as hell.

"shadybillsfan" is literally basing his whole argument for hogan off one games worth of work. its absurd. ya cant take a someone like that seriously.

and those numbers you show say it all. it literally cant get anymore cut and dry than that..... but yet a couple posters swear they saw our 4th and 5th stringers open all day!!! just ask them! they'll tell ya! EYEBALL TEST!

It's a huge myth that "receivers don't matter." Look at the Bucs, they got Mike Evans AND Desean Jackson AND OJ Howard. Not many people would try to argue Jameis Winston is a worse passer than Tyrod Taylor so why are they concerned about his weapons if he can carry anyone?

Another disgruntled fan who is mad because our QB is not Tom Brady. Prepare yourself for a lifetime of disappointment friend. More misery in your future.

It's a huge myth that "receivers don't matter." Look at the Bucs, they got Mike Evans AND Desean Jackson AND OJ Howard. Not many people would try to argue Jameis Winston is a worse passer than Tyrod Taylor so why are they concerned about his weapons if he can carry anyone?

well that..... and the fact that hogan had one monster game in the playoffs.... so the fact he only had 36 catches here is on tyrod! :doh:

Did you actually click the link? His stats are much better when Sammy and Woods are on the field. This would seem to indicate that Tyrod is better at hitting receivers when better receivers are on the field. How do you account for this difference if he simply isn't willing to throw to any open receivers?

I'd say it shows even when he is willing to throw the ball. Marquise Goodwin is lightning fast, but he can't track a deep ball worth ****. Taylor's deep ball percentage went WAY down last year, and it wasn't because of him, it was because Sammy wasn't out there tracking them. The first game Sammy came back, Taylor nailed him on like a 40 yard bomb, where Sammy adjusted his speed, boxed out the DB, and tracked the ball directly above his head. Taylor has a great deep ball, but it's not always perfect. Sammy makes it perfect every time.

Edited by BringBackFlutie

The leaders of the CoT are out in full force. Time to retreat into the shadows before you all start to call me a hater.

tyrod was not the reason for missing the playoffs last year. 2 200 yard plus rushers, and a 375 yard performance by the almighty fitzpatrick by our defense against division opponents were the reason.

I love when people do this. When the facts don't tell your story you result to name calling. You can either bring facts and a strong argument or take your L and get out.

There is nothing worse on this board than people passing off opinion as fact. Unfortunately for them the facts all exist (both good and bad). If you don't want to look like an idiot use the facts that support the point that you are trying to make. If the facts don't support it, you are not telling the truth.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I love when people do this. When the facts don't tell your story you result to name calling. You can either bring facts and a strong argument or take your L and get out.

There is nothing worse on this board than people passing off opinion as fact. Unfortunately for them the facts all exist (both good and bad). If you don't want to look like an idiot use the facts that support the point that you are trying to make. If the facts don't support it, you are not telling the truth.

it is rather sad.....actual conversation starts.....dont like where it is going......and COT is picking on folks

I brought the punch and pie for the next meeting

Tyrod is OK as a QB.

I look at him as the other side of Alex Smith.

Both can run (although Tyrod is faster). Smith has accuracy and Tyrod has the arm. Both are limited and pretty much avoid turnovers, but Alex Smith is very accurate. That's the difference between a mediocre QB who can get you humiliated in the playoffs year after year and a mediocre QB who gets you to 8-8.

Either way, Tyrod is not taking you very far unless he suddenly becomes accurate and throws people open. Scrambling QBs generally don't remain dangerous for very long as they take big hits and defenses adjust. Vick was supposed to be the "next generation" of dual-threat QBs, yet the guy who wins the Super Bowl every year is a 40 year old pocket passer who can barely move and throws 5 yard passes to wide open RBs and WRs all game.

Accuracy > everything else, all day and twice on Sunday.

Look, TT is the starter, but if by some miracle Peterman is actually a phenom and beats him out, that would be great for all of us.

Again if Peterman does and people still say we'd be a 3 win team, that isn't saying a lot about TT. Well actually it does but not in the way it was intended.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Look, TT is the starter, but if by some miracle Peterman is actually a phenom and beats him out, that would be great for all of us.

Again if Peterman does and people still say we'd be a 3 win team, that isn't saying a lot about TT. Well actually it does but not in the way it was intended.

TT is light years ahead of Peterman. Peterman is a limited talent. The issue with TT is he assures you of 6 wins minimum. You don't get star QBs picking 10th. Anyone with delusions of Peterman as the answer hasn't watched Peterman. Edited by Kirby Jackson

TT is light years ahead of Peterman. Peterman is a limited talent. The issue with TT is he assures you of 6 wins minimum. You don't get star QBs picking 10th. Anyone with delusions of Peterman as the answer hasn't watched Peterman.

I am not saying whether you are right or wrong here Kirby...but I do wonder how many people said the same thing about Tom Brady....who was known as a accurate but not rocket arm coming into the NFL.

I am not saying whether you are right or wrong here Kirby...but I do wonder how many people said the same thing about Tom Brady....who was known as a accurate but not rocket arm coming into the NFL.

Probably true but they said the same thing about the other 200 guys drafted in that range that never made it.

As an aside can we please stop using Brady as the "see thats what late round picks can be" and Ryan Leaf & Jamarcus Russell as the busts? Can we stick to the percentages and not the outliers? That is a massive pet peeve of mine on here. Let's discuss what is infinitely more likely to happen than some crazy exception.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Tyrod is our starter this year and will continue to be unless he is injured.

Based on many peoples expectations of 7 wins total with TT.

If the team is 3-5 mid way through the season TT will get benched. What reason would there be to keek playing him?

And Kirby, I didn't say he would but what if.

If the team is 3-5 mid way through the season TT will get benched. What reason would there be to keek playing him?

I'm not picking on you. People post that stuff on here all of the time. "What if I won the powerball?" It's certainly possible but it is not exactly the greatest plan for retirement. That's kind of my point. Let's focus on reality.

This assumes that the team's record is a result of Taylor's play (or a significant factor). If Taylor plays as well as he has the past 2 seasons, I doubt we start 3-5. Taylor has been just about a .500 QB and I have no reason to believe he will play worse this year. It also assumes that the Bills will have a legitimate backup option. Yates is not a starting QB and Peterman is a 5th round rookie. Jones will likely be a roster cut. I guess it is possible Peterman could surprise like Brady but that it a long shot as he is typically seen as a long term backup in the NFL.

I'm not picking on you. People post that stuff on here all of the time. "What if I won the powerball?" It's certainly possible but it is not exactly the greatest plan for retirement. That's kind of my point. Let's focus on reality.

well......I would like to win the powerball and got my ticket...just like the bills did....:)

Right except amass a qb rating higher than Rivers, Big Ben, Russell Wilson, and Carr last year.

Yeah he hasn't done anything.

True, he did. But ask yourself this: do you think anybody in the NFL would ever take TT over those guys?