Here's How We Get the 1st and 2nd Overall Picks

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a better GM. I could sell Cleveland on Dareus at his current contract and have them include their 1st for next year in the process.

Why stop there, let's toss is Reggie Bush and maybe they'll give us their first round pick in 2019 too...shh..don't tell them he is a FA...

Most of the trade downs you mentioned happen during the draft not before. By the time someone decides to move to the 10th pick both the 1st and 2nd pick will have already had their names called.

Interesting scenario but i don't agree with moving Dareus. Our front 4 could be scary this year.

Watch this:

This will be done the night before the draft:

Arizona wants a QB so we trade down from 10 to 13 and get their First Round pick (#13) and Second Round pick (#45)

Now that we have #13 and #45, we trade down with Denver at #20 and they give us their #20 pick and their Second Rounder #51 and next year's Second Rounder (probably #44 again).

So now that we have #20, #45 and #51, we still have our own Second Rounder at #44 and next year's Second Rounder from Denver at #44.

One more move down: Trade our #20 pick from Denver to Oakland (because they want one of the RB's) and we take the Raiders #24 and their Second Rounder #56 and next year's Second Rounder (probably #56 again).

With this collection of picks (#20, #44, #45, #51, #56) we approach San Fran sell them on the idea that we don't want a DE or a QB so if they want to trade with us, we'll give them #20, 44, 45, 51, and 56 for their second pick. They are in re-build mode and would love to stock their team with a deep defensive draft. They bite.

Now we have the Second Pick overall.

Then we re-structure Dareus and approach Cleveland. We tell them, they can have Dareus at a re-negotiated contract and Tyrod Taylor for pick number One. They need a stud on the DL and are in search for a vet QB (my sources told me they were hoping to get Tyrod before he signed with us).

They jump at the chance to have Tyrod and Dareus is a bonus. We get their First Round Pick.

Now we have Picks 1 and 2....which we can either use or sell off for later picks.

Thoughts?

1. How would one approach San Fran with 20, 44, 45, 51 & 56 if you traded 20 to Oakland for the 56?

2. Arizona isn't going to make a deal with the Bills to swap 13 for 10 before the draft is underway and that would mean picks 1 & 2 would already have been made.

3. The rest wouldn't happen either.