Jonathan Williams could be a beast...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I like TD Mike too but the $ offered by New England was too much for a back up RB. For NE it is great as he can be a starter for a very reasonable price. As far as JW is concerned, I was not impressed by him last year but he was a rookie that was buried on the depth chart. He was coming off a foot injury and never really had an opportunity to get into a flow. There are many other examples of rookie runners who have improved after their first year. Melvin Gordon had a much better 2nd year after a very lackluster rookie season. So I do not want to write JW off yet. If he is looking healthy in workouts maybe we can hold off and use the 5th round pick on another corner or lb. We can also sign an undrafted rb and if needed sign a veteran during training camp. It is unfortunate we could not keep MG but the massive contract for McCoy does not allow for it.

im sure they will be drafting one this week

That's very possible unless we go after another vet like Rashard Jennings or Jamal Charles. I highly doubt they take a contract for the vet minimum though.

I dont know about that 'cdonald received 8 games for first time offense last year. I think it really is up to Roger.

I don't think anyone knows for sure what will happen. either way, he most likely will not be available to start the season.

He was injured during rookie camp last year and struggled to catch up from there. I heard he dropped his body fat down to 4% and is faster than ever.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do in his sophomore season.

Yup. Give him a chance. Two years ago, most Bills fans didn't know who MG was and he was just a guy who got cut by a couple of teams.

I believe in our run blocking and think the RB can be fairly interchangeable. We will see.

I dont know about that 'cdonald received 8 games for first time offense last year. I think it really is up to Roger.

8 is auto for second offense. If it was his first dui offense, he also pleaded guilty to drug charges. His 8 game suspension is listed as violation of substance abuse policy. Edited by YoloinOhio

8 is auto for second offense. If it was his first dui offense, he also pleaded guilty to drug charges. His 8 game suspension is listed as violation of substance abuse policy.

Where did you read that? Every site I have found lists it was for dui/off field incident?

That's very possible unless we go after another vet like Rashard Jennings or Jamal Charles. I highly doubt they take a contract for the vet minimum though.

I don't think anyone knows for sure what will happen. either way, he most likely will not be available to start the season.

Jamal Charles would be a wicked free agent signing if he hadn't have blown out his leg 2 years ago. Hasn't been the same since. Bummer.

If he was as healthy as ever, can you imagine teams trying to deal with him and McCoy? Defenses would be entirely wiped out in the 4th quarter and would be missing tackles as a result.

...if we get the version that looks like this:

I realize it's a highlight film, but still...

He impressed the crap outta me. I remember seeing those highlights last year but I had kinda forgot. Hmm, adequate replacement.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2016-nfl-draft-closer-look-at-running-back-fumble-rates-ball-security/

His college rate was OK-bad from a fumbling perspective, but he also missed his senior year where he may have seen an improvement (or a regression). It does seem like something he needs to work on though. But by no means do i think he's going to fumble once every 13 carries like last year.

A foot injury took his senior season... its also why we were able to draft him where we did. He didn't run at the combine. I don't see him as ever being more than a committee runner though.

Well Gilly flopped in Miami and Arizona before becoming Touchdown Mike.

More like wasn't given a chance due to other players that were there...wonder how many guys are out of the league because they were stuck behind players for whatever reason