Jonathan Williams could be a beast...

4 star recruit from Allen, TX. Top 200 recruit in nation. Had offers from five big 10 schools. If he's healthy now I'm excited to see him get an opportunity.

From draft day--

@christrapasso

#Bills got my RB2 in Jonathan Williams. RD2 grade. Didnt play in '15. Foot. But '14 film is Zeke-like. Awesome vision, cutting & esp balance

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If the O-Line keeps run blocking like they have been, I think they'll be alright with him

Greg Cosell also compared him to Zeke pre-draft. I honestly don't remember him getting any meaningful carries last year. I think someone said he had 27 on the season; 20 were in the last quarter of blowouts. Not much to go on imo. Brand new offense now too. I hope he avoids the 2 game DUI suspension from the incident last summer. Not sure what became of that. Edited by YoloinOhio

Melvin Gordon had fumbling issues, and looked hesitant and basically clueless his whole rookie season. He worked hard in the offseason and the light went on last year and it was like night and day. Can't judge a kid on 27 sporadic rookie carries or whatever it was.

He was a steal in the 5th last year, projected to go in 3rd.

SELECTED BY: Bills

ROUND: 5

PICK (OVERALL): 18 (156)

PICK ANALYSIS:

The draft slot does not match the talent here, but with his injury history, it makes sense. With exceptional feet, balance, power, and quickness Williams was among the best RBs in the SEC before sitting out 2015 with a foot injury. This could be a long-term steal if he stays healthy. --Mark Dulgerian

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/jonathan-williams?id=2555227

next man up

nope, apparently mg is irreplaceable. Gameover

He was injured during rookie camp last year and struggled to catch up from there. I heard he dropped his body fat down to 4% and is faster than ever.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do in his sophomore season.

same here, dont understand why some people dont think players improve after a year or two.

Countless examples every year, even the great mg improved over time

Wasn't J Wil coming off a serious foot injury that caused him to miss his whole senior season? Off course he was gonna be a little slow last year, cut the kid some slack. If he comes out this year and can't produce then we have ourselves a problem.

Edited by CDogg20

At this stage I have very little hope for JWill. He looked slow footed, ponderous and lacking acceleration in the games he played last year. Anything we get from him would be found money to my mind. If he ends up as the #2 that is a big downgrade.

Melvin Gordon had fumbling issues, and looked hesitant and basically clueless his whole rookie season. He worked hard in the offseason and the light went on last year and it was like night and day. Can't judge a kid on 27 sporadic rookie carries or whatever it was.

He was a steal in the 5th last year, projected to go in 3rd.

SELECTED BY: Bills

ROUND: 5

PICK (OVERALL): 18 (156)

PICK ANALYSIS:

The draft slot does not match the talent here, but with his injury history, it makes sense. With exceptional feet, balance, power, and quickness Williams was among the best RBs in the SEC before sitting out 2015 with a foot injury. This could be a long-term steal if he stays healthy. --Mark Dulgerian

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/jonathan-williams?id=2555227

Bryce Brown with more fumbles and less speed.

jwills 40 time 4.59, coming off a major injury.

Mg 40 time 4.55, ya jwill is so much slower

Was going to post the same thing. By no means is it a guarantee of anything....but good comparison.

JW:

5'10" 220

40 - 4.59

SS - 4.29

Cone - 6.97

Bench - 16 reps

Rookie YPC - 3.5

MG:

5'11" 208

40 - 4.55

SS - 4.40

Cone - 7.12

Bench - 15 reps

Rookie YPC - 3.5

nope, apparently mg is irreplaceable. Gameover

same here, dont understand why some people dont think players improve after a year or two.

Countless examples every year, even the great mg improved over time

Oh, you didn't know about the 1 carry rule? Each RB gets one carry and if he doesn't light it up, he sucks and is a bust. Day 1 stuff really.

...if we get the version that looks like this:

I realize it's a highlight film, but still...

He's most likely going to serve a 4 game suspension with his DUI last year. If McCoy gets hurt we'll be in a very tough position to start the season.