Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

Love fan panic mode over a report about the draft.. so gullible

Eh, reports like this generate some decent conversation because they propose a realistic scenario. The Bills are always good for offseason rumors and scenarios, that's what probably keeps us representing the most engaged fanbase in the NFL.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like many of the drafts from past years, i feel like ONE of these QB's from this class is bound to be a good solid player. Our Bills need to hit on it one of these years, why not this year?

Link?

Here are Bills fans "Wait until next year because this years crop sucks" Its been a 20 year theme minus Andrew Luck (who BTW Still hasn't gotten Indy to a super bowl despite his hype)

Because I'm right. Did I say wait till next year? No. I said specifically if they think he's the guy then draft him.

Try actually reading what is posted.

My initial reaction is smokescreen.

But if the report happens to be true (we will find out next week), I think we as Bills fans should just cross our fingers and hope Doug Whaley gets this one right.

What happens when Taylor gets injured and you're forced to play Trubisky, instead of "giving him a year to sit behind Tyrod," and he gets hit/sacked a million times and winds up being just another Trent Edwards?

When he gets hurt? I wasn't aware it was already a foregone conclusion. What week does it happen?

...don't get to see college ball, but am interested in your evaluation...is it based on being a one year starter for openers?.............

Being a one-year starter is a red flag. Can you name a one-year starter in college that did anything in the pros? Then there's Trubisky's height. I've heard everything from 6 foot to 6' 3" but basically he's the same size as Tyrod Taylor. If TT's too small what makes Trubisky better? My biggest concern is the entire QB class. Around January it was considered a weak class. But you know how it goes. QB Fever kicks in and now we have 5 franchise QBs in the draft. But if we do draft Trubisky don't expect him to just step on the field and perform at a playoff level. I think a lot of hard-core Mitch lovers think he can just waltz in and ball.

Being a one-year starter is a red flag. Can you name a one-year starter in college that did anything in the pros? Then there's Trubisky's height. I've heard everything from 6 foot to 6' 3" but basically he's the same size as Tyrod Taylor. If TT's too small what makes Trubisky better? My biggest concern is the entire QB class. Around January it was considered a weak class. But you know how it goes. QB Fever kicks in and now we have 5 franchise QBs in the draft. But if we do draft Trubisky don't expect him to just step on the field and perform at a playoff level. I think a lot of hard-core Mitch lovers think he can just waltz in and ball.

He was measured at 6'2 and a half.

Around January it was considered a weak class. But you know how it goes. QB Fever kicks in and now we have 5 franchise QBs in the draft.

I am more and more thinking this was just a year that the media was out of sync with the way the teams feel about these guys.

I never thought this was a particularly weak class. I think it will hold its own against recent classes with the benfit of hindsight - I never felt it was anything like 2013.

See my post about Gil Brandt's rankings in the other thread. Two of these QBs are top 10 on his big board.... and he has spent most of his career as a hugely respected personnel guy in draft rooms. Not something McShay, Kiper or even Mayock can claim.

Edited by GunnerBill

Like many of the drafts from past years, i feel like ONE of these QB's from this class is bound to be a good solid player. Our Bills need to hit on it one of these years, why not this year?

which one? and what would they be willing to give up to get him?

do you trade up, give up your 2018 1st and 5th picks while using this years 1st on a crap shoot? none are a guarantee to succeed regardless of the hype some want to throw around.

I agree, they need to hit and it always seems like it'll be next year, but they may not be in a position to draft one early nor even have QB on their board?

if they do, it'll likely be in the 5th round?

one thing is certain, this draft has a different feel to it. very interested to see how it plays out...