Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not trade up for a guy that played 13 games in college. But if he's there at 10 and they take him, and he doesn't pan out? That is not a fireable offense, given that the majority of QBs picked in round one don't work out.

You can't on the one hand get on the GM for not picking a QB, then jump on him for picking a QB. Drafting a QB is the biggest crap shoot there is.

With all the holes on this team if Whsley drafts a wb and he busts its time for him to be shown the door so he can pick busts for qbs for other teams.

I'm actually pretty confident the Mitch Tribusky interest is total smoke. After really looking at his game I can't imagine the Bills being comfortable with his game. I just can't get over how that arm would look in Buffalo.

I heard he's likely to fall to the 2nd. I would not take him in the 1st just because he is VERY inexperienced. Not only that but his record was not good.

That was his team's record.

His record (the stuff he as QB did) was very good.

Actually 1 of these 5 has shown he might be the guy. Another way to express 1 in 5 is 20% success. Another way to express that is 80% failure.

Failure and success aren't relevant yet. There still could easily turn out to be tnree franchise guys in that group of five.

Brees still sucked after his first three years. And Bridgewater hasn't been able to play even three years. He could easily turn out to be a very good one. Same as Garoppolo could.

<snip>

- My biggest problem with Tribusky is he backpedals in the face of pressure. In order to be a good/great QB in the NFL you must have the innate ability to step up or side step in the face of pressure, find a small space of real estate in the muddies pocket, reset your feet & deliver the ball downfield. This is something I rarely see with Tribusky. He goes backward, often throwing off his back foot totally off balance resulting in bad accuracy and velocity.

<snip>

Fergy Syndrome. :thumbdown:

I think he and every other QB should be judged as any other position. You look at their strengths and weaknesses, and decide what round the kid should go. Then draft accordingly. How many times do teams have to see marginal QBs moved way up the draft board, then fail, before they get it?

NFL evaluator Greg Gabriel feels the Bills are very serious about grabbing a QB in Round 1.

Certain a QB pick will make a lot of fans happy - Some sportscasters saying they think he (MT) will be a star, but they said "he needs an Aaron Rodgers situation where he can sit and learn the ropes prior to starting"...and then they said - "but if he is picked high - that makes it harder to wait".

Stopped reading at "NFL evaluator Greg Gabriel..."

Maybe, but in that case, why not trade up to nine, with Cinci?

if the Browns really want Mitchell and they believe the Bills do as well, they will try to trade up ahead of them but it's not a guarantee a divisional team will make a trade. The Bills likely feel this is good if the Browns can move up to 9 or higher and take a QB because it will push other players down to 10.

Maybe, but in that case, why not trade up to nine, with Cinci?

if the Browns really want Mitchell and they believe the Bills do as well, they will try to trade up ahead of them but it's not a guarantee a divisional team will make a trade. The Bills likely feel this is good if the Browns can move up to 9 or higher and take a QB because it will push other players down to 10.

Carolina is a team looking to move back if possible. 12 is a safe landing spot where they can pick up additional picks and still get McCaffrey.

Sorry for another speculation thread, but this guy works for optimum scouting, and wrote a piece on what his team has heard around the league.

— If there’s one strong quarterback-team connection, it’s Trubisky and the Bills. They’ve had strong interest throughout the season and draft process, and they actually were one of the teams he looked to for advisement when he was making his decision to declare for the draft. While I don’t believe the Jets will draft a quarterback, the Bills might trade with the Titans to ensure they can get to Trubisky before New York. I would be surprised if they target a different quarterback, but they’ve done their due diligence on all of them.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-2017-quarterback-rumors-bears-eagles-browns-49ers/1sh4s33hm8jln1aj1kfmu5ijpd

I believe that sending Terry out to meet with quarterbacks can't be a smokescreen for all that effort. I would not mind Trub here, but we would have to trade up and that is where things get dicy for me. Is Trubisky more valuable than fixing the gaping holes in the backfield?

If we move into the top 5 to take one of these QBs I'm going to be physically ill.

Rumblings pulled a fantastic stat on this scenario:

'Going back to the merger in 1970, a trade into the top ten for a QB has happened twelve times. Two of those quarterbacks won a playoff game with the team that drafted them. Three have spent time in prison.'

I love the trade down with the browns thing.....wouldnt have to go down that far and accumulate an additional pick

Go back 2 spots? How much do you get for that? Swap 2nd rounders? And maybe a late rounder?

Trubisky would be great in Cleveland. He has a rust belt sounding surname, and will be a bust.