Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubtful. He's accurate and tough as nails.

Draft him please.

Now to play devils advocate, what are we basing his toughness on? With such limited starting experience, what adversity did Trubisky face or nagging injury did he play through to be able to throw out how tough the kid is?

Now to play devils advocate, what are we basing his toughness on? With such limited starting experience, what adversity did Trubisky face or nagging injury did he play through to be able to throw out how tough the kid is?

Watch him run the ball, evade sacks, deliver strikes while being hit.

Watch him run the ball, evade sacks, deliver strikes while being hit.

Fair enough, just wanted to see if there was something to back it up. A lot of people have thrown around adjectives about various players for the sake of pumping a spec they like.

I just like to pick the minds of fellow fans.

I live in NC, I like what Trubisky brings to the table. Along with Watson who I think is the best college player i have seen.

I just don't think Buffalo will take a QB highly.

Fair enough, just wanted to see if there was something to back it up. A lot of people have thrown around adjectives about various players for the sake of pumping a spec they like.

I just like to pick the minds of fellow fans.

I live in NC, I like what Trubisky brings to the table. Along with Watson who I think is the best college player i have seen.

I just don't think Buffalo will take a QB highly.

Agree and agree. Would love to see Trubisky or Watson in red and blue.

Really, really hope the MT slips to 10, we wake up from this train wreck nightmare and draft him.

It would def. be a very early Xmas present for me.

BUT, the Billsy thing to do will be drafting a DB (to replace the former 1st rd 10th pick from 2012) and letting him walk after 4-5 years cause we don't want to pay for the production we drafted him at. I can already see it coming.

Edited by Real McCoy

Really, really hope the MT slips to 10, we wake up from this train wreck nightmare and draft him.

BUT, the Billsy thing to do will be drafting a DB (to replace the former 1st rd 10th pick from 2012) and letting him walk after 4-5 years cause we don't want to pay for the production we drafted him at. I can already see it coming.

I was on here yesterday lamenting the cb recycle thing and a couple of very decent, long-time posters here were perfectly fine with it. It made sense to them to get a quality cb on the cheap since we let Gilmore walk. I surmise they also think Taylor is better than I do.

Yep. Meanwhile the Browns turn it around in 2 seasons.

Yep. Meanwhile the Browns turn it around in 2 seasons.

The people making fun of the Browns need some humility. This draft is LOADED with talent and the Browns have a million picks. They could pass the Bills this year if we mess up this draft and they hit on guys.

I was on here yesterday lamenting the cb recycle thing and a couple of very decent, long-time posters here were perfectly fine with it. It made sense to them to get a quality cb on the cheap since we let Gilmore walk. I surmise they also think Taylor is better than I do.

I guess it really comes down to that though. How much faith some fellow fans have in Tyrod? Mine is unfortunately low, I will still root my arse off for the team this season though.

I have no problem with recycling players in the draft if cap room $$$ is tight and we have a stud behind center taking a good chunk of that cap.

The people making fun of the Browns need some humility. This draft is LOADED with talent and the Browns have a million picks. They could pass the Bills this year if we mess up this draft and they hit on guys.

Except the pesky fact that the Browns have been one of the single worst drafting franchises in modern day history...if not the worst.

Except the pesky fact that the Browns have been one of the single worst drafting franchises in modern day history...if not the worst.

The guys that made the bad draft picks were fired. The new guys have had one draft and it wasn't that bad. Ogbah looked as good as Shaq and they got him in the 2nd, Coleman looked decent, etc. I don't keep track of every Browns pick but they got as many guys as we did.

Since there was a lot of talk of trading up for a QB a few pages back in this thread, I figured this would be a good place to post this article.

I thought this was a great read on trading up into the top 10 to draft QBs . Buffalo rumblings did a good job putting this article together IMO.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/4/18/15340020/buffalo-bills-nfl-draft-mitchell-trubisky-nfl-history-trading-up-franchise-quarterback

How does past mistakes relate to future decisions?

Yet, that exact argument is used when discussing Whaley picking a QB, or heck even in the LB thread discussing his draft history there.

Fans will always predicate success based on the past.

Rightfully so to an extent, what have the Browns done to prove to you that they will make good choices moving forward?

One guy played in a pro style offense under Mike Sherman.

The other played in the spread and was in shotgun all the time.

I'm not saying Trubisky isn't accurate, but EJ Manuel completed 68% of his passes his last year at FSU. Is he accurate?

When we made the disastrous decision to draft Maybin it was based on a very small body of work. That's what scares me about MT. Only 13 college games under his belt? Accuracy and arm strength similar to EJ. Would it be the same result. I personally don't think any of the top 4 qbs are 1st rounders.