Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God only knows what will happen, but I do find it difficult to believe the Bills trading UP....however, if they stand pat and Mitch is there at 10, I could also see them Drafting him if they believe that much in him....I think Watson falls, Jets Draft him and Mitch is there for the picking or for trade bait.....

I find it amazing how many fans are turned off by the thought of an aggressive move for a QB. Sure, trading up again would be a high risk maneuver but atleast they would finally be attempting to rectify the problem. As I said before, find the quaterback of the future and do whatever it takes to get him in here ASAP. If he is in this draft class that's great, if it's Trubisky great, go get em.

To the poster who says a trade up like this would need to result in playoffs this season, I'd like to hear the reasoning. The playoffs are a pipe dream even with Taylor providing a serviceable floor at QB. The Bills lost more talent this offseason and they are once again changing faces of HC, OC, and DC. How are they going to make the playoffs with Taylor and the depleted secondary? Shady another year older? What are the chances Watkins, Shady and Taylor stay healthy all season? What is this LB core going to look like while playing the majority of their snaps in zone schemes? Who is replacing Gilmore? Safeties? Is Darby 2015 or was 16' more telling? Way too many questions for this team, unless they brought in Brady, Brees, Luck or Joe Montana the playoffs would be a miracle.

As it stands their odds are 5th worst and not far from the bottom, that says it all and the guys in Vegas know more than us.

I would love to see the Bills aggressively pursue a guy who could be a real good QB. Trubisky is probably going to go real early in the draft and if we moved up to pick him id be really happy.

I would not trade up for a guy that played 13 games in college. But if he's there at 10 and they take him, and he doesn't pan out? That is not a fireable offense, given that the majority of QBs picked in round one don't work out.

You can't on the one hand get on the GM for not picking a QB, then jump on him for picking a QB. Drafting a QB is the biggest crap shoot there is.

I find it amazing how many fans are turned off by the thought of an aggressive move for a QB. Sure, trading up again would be a high risk maneuver but atleast they would finally be attempting to rectify the problem. As I said before, find the quaterback of the future and do whatever it takes to get him in here ASAP. If he is in this draft class that's great, if it's Trubisky great, go get em.

To the poster who says a trade up like this would need to result in playoffs this season, I'd like to hear the reasoning. The playoffs are a pipe dream even with Taylor providing a serviceable floor at QB. The Bills lost more talent this offseason and they are once again changing faces of HC, OC, and DC. How are they going to make the playoffs with Taylor and the depleted secondary? Shady another year older? What are the chances Watkins, Shady and Taylor stay healthy all season? What is this LB core going to look like while playing the majority of their snaps in zone schemes? Who is replacing Gilmore? Safeties? Is Darby 2015 or was 16' more telling? Way too many questions for this team, unless they brought in Brady, Brees, Luck or Joe Montana the playoffs would be a miracle.

As it stands their odds are 5th worst and not far from the bottom, that says it all and the guys in Vegas know more than us.

I'm upset over it because said QB has 1 year of experience in the NCAA, BIG risk if ask me. Now if he had two years behind his belt I might say something different. While feel Trubisky might be the best QB in this draft I don't feel he's worth a top 10 pick.

Sorry for another speculation thread, but this guy works for optimum scouting, and wrote a piece on what his team has heard around the league.

— If there’s one strong quarterback-team connection, it’s Trubisky and the Bills. They’ve had strong interest throughout the season and draft process, and they actually were one of the teams he looked to for advisement when he was making his decision to declare for the draft. While I don’t believe the Jets will draft a quarterback, the Bills might trade with the Titans to ensure they can get to Trubisky before New York. I would be surprised if they target a different quarterback, but they’ve done their due diligence on all of them.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-2017-quarterback-rumors-bears-eagles-browns-49ers/1sh4s33hm8jln1aj1kfmu5ijpd

I believe that sending Terry out to meet with quarterbacks can't be a smokescreen for all that effort. I would not mind Trub here, but we would have to trade up and that is where things get dicy for me. Is Trubisky more valuable than fixing the gaping holes in the backfield?

"optimum" scouting? How's that working out?

Anyway, why would college QB seek out the Bills organization to determine whether he declares for the draft? id he give them the old..."so....would ya?"?

Ok so fans here are smarter than Dennison right? I mean no one here gets paid to scout. No "Expert" in the media is good enough to be a top personnel guy for a team or can't find a gig being one anymore, but hey, they KNOW What QB's are good and not right?

I mean hell, if they knew, wouldn't some team or teams pay them a butt load of money to scout for them? I mean QB is THE #1 priority for every team in the NFL.

So point being, if the Bills staff, including Dennison who has coached some damn good QB's says "Mitchell is a guy who I can train and will take us very far in my system" Then who the hell is to argue? IF they feel he is the guy, then trade up and get the QB, screw what fans and media say.

....so far there are 26 different ways Whaley should be fired based on draft......damned if you do, damned if you don't..................

A GM gets paid millions of guaranteed dollars in hopes that he can make an equal amount of good and bad decisions. A GM with a 50 percent hit rate would be considered a huge success. I find it hard to believe anyone of these guys needs our sympathy.

Many fans have been sold the line of waiting another year. I completely agree that if you believe in a QB you go get them. Sitting and waiting your turn has been tried by Buffalo for the last two decades and look what it has got us. Constant 6 and 7 win seasons.

I don't think it matters if the Bills like Trubisky because he will be gone before we draft and I don't see Pegulas or Sean McD having the stones to go get one.

This team can't even draft the right QB. Mahomes is the guy you want. He is the best player in the draft. I will be pissed if we draft a QB and his name is not Mahomes. This team is just so mixed up and not able to do the right thing when it comes to QB's.

This team can't even draft the right QB. Mahomes is the guy you want. He is the best player in the draft. I will be pissed if we draft a QB and his name is not Mahomes. This team is just so mixed up and not able to do the right thing when it comes to QB's.

jeff, is this your alternate username?

Maybe not all of us think making the playoffs this year is a pipe dream?

jeff, is this your alternate username?

I think I pointed this out last week lol

Many fans have been sold the line of waiting another year. I completely agree that if you believe in a QB you go get them. Sitting and waiting your turn has been tried by Buffalo for the last two decades and look what it has got us. Constant 6 and 7 win seasons.

I don't think it matters if the Bills like Trubisky because he will be gone before we draft and I don't see Pegulas or Sean McD having the stones to go get one.

I don't think they would trade up so shortly after the Watkins move, I haven't seen much of Mitch so I'm in no way saying it's the correct player/move. I was highlighting that the same fans that defend Whaley day in and day out don't trust him and the scouts to make a move. The general consensus is that it's not a great QB class, that scares many fans into thinking none of these guys are worth drafting. I find it highly unlikely that all of these QB's will fail. Find the right one.

I would commend them for going hard after a QB, I'd hate it if it were Watson because his arm scares me and I want Whaley to go somewhere outside of Clemson. I wouldn't flame them though because the move in itself would represent a change in Buffalo. Finally they get it, maybe.

Edited by Commonsense