I don't buy the Bills aren't possibly moving

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't give a damn what Terry and Kim say. I guess some of you still believe the media and in Santa and the easter bunny. Buffalo aka WNY, can NOT afford a new stadium, sorry no. Fans in WNY can't afford PSL's and jacked up ticket prices, parking prices etc.

Now all of a sudden the NFL dude says its right for the Pegulas to back off working on a new stadium for awhile? Sorry folks am an old realist and right now, in light of THREE Teams moving, I say the plan is to move to Toronto.

The NFL wants a team there badly, they can support the new stadium, will pay to get the Bills there and it makes the NFL more money. If you buy this Bull crap of "oh they have the greatest fans, they have history there blah blah blah" I don't know what to tell you.

The NFL does not give one S#@! about us the fans, they don't care about the history of Buffalo. They care about money, and if they get a new stadium in a big new market by moving the Bills, the Bills are gonna move no matter what the Pegulas say publicly.

No go ahead and rant and whatnot on this thread, it won't matter in the long run if you do or don't. I am just looking at a financial reality with the NFL, and the WNY market.

Please see the new stadium thread for information. Clearly, you are misunderstanding the process. It is all laid out there. For starters, the NFL doesn't have a say in where a team plays. That distinction belongs to the Pegulas and the Pegulas alone.

I love how pessimism gets defined/defended as "realist" when people have a take like this.

Sure, it may be in the back of our minds as fans but I don't foresee the Bills going anywhere, near future or further down the road. The Raiders pretty much flat out refused to cooperate with local government in Oakland.

And does anyone really think the NFL and Toronto want a team up there? Did you see any of the Toronto Series games? There'd be a smidge of Bills fans and opposing team fans and then the rest was filled in by people who just wanted to take in an NFL game. The crowd reactions weren't there, people looked bored. Now, granted, the Bills didn't always provide the best games up there but if Toronto is as starved for an NFL team as you think they are, the people there would've been a little more into it. The poor crowd responses were one of the main reasons they discontinued the whole thing.

After what I've seen recently in SD and Oakland, nothing would shock me. The NFL is all about greed & $$$. And don't be naive enough to believe Goodell gives a rats ass about history or the great Bills fan base. Everything in life always comes down to money. The OP is not that far off. Hope Terry & Kim have a plan?

I love how pessimism gets defined/defended as "realist" when people have a take like this.

Sure, it may be in the back of our minds as fans but I don't foresee the Bills going anywhere, near future or further down the road. The Raiders pretty much flat out refused to cooperate with local government in Oakland.

And does anyone really think the NFL and Toronto want a team up there? Did you see any of the Toronto Series games? There'd be a smidge of Bills fans and opposing team fans and then the rest was filled in by people who just wanted to take in an NFL game. The crowd reactions weren't there, people looked bored. Now, granted, the Bills didn't always provide the best games up there but if Toronto is as starved for an NFL team as you think they are, the people there would've been a little more into it. The poor crowd responses were one of the main reasons they discontinued the whole thing.

Yeah I completely agree with this. In Oakland, the Raiders were always playing a poker game with the Athletics and local government. The Raiders didn't want to split the coliseum property and revenues evenly with the A's if they were to both get new stadiums. With the Raiders moving, I think it's more likely the A's get a new stadium in Oakland now. The Bills obviously don't have this problem.

I don't give a damn what Terry and Kim say. I guess some of you still believe the media and in Santa and the easter bunny. Buffalo aka WNY, can NOT afford a new stadium, sorry no. Fans in WNY can't afford PSL's and jacked up ticket prices, parking prices etc.

Now all of a sudden the NFL dude says its right for the Pegulas to back off working on a new stadium for awhile? Sorry folks am an old realist and right now, in light of THREE Teams moving, I say the plan is to move to Toronto.

The NFL wants a team there badly, they can support the new stadium, will pay to get the Bills there and it makes the NFL more money. If you buy this Bull crap of "oh they have the greatest fans, they have history there blah blah blah" I don't know what to tell you.

The NFL does not give one S#@! about us the fans, they don't care about the history of Buffalo. They care about money, and if they get a new stadium in a big new market by moving the Bills, the Bills are gonna move no matter what the Pegulas say publicly.

No go ahead and rant and whatnot on this thread, it won't matter in the long run if you do or don't. I am just looking at a financial reality with the NFL, and the WNY market.

Although the fat drunk Bob Kraft would love this plan, it isn't happening. He lost the battle and the war when his boy Bon Jersey failed.

After what I've seen recently in SD and Oakland, nothing would shock me. The NFL is all about greed & $$$. And don't be naive enough to believe Goodell gives a rats ass about history or the great Bills fan base. Everything in life always comes down to money. The OP is not that far off. Hope Terry & Kim have a plan?

I think their plan is the same as every other owner--to make a ton of money and allow their owner friends to make a ton of money by moving wherever they want.

And if by "Goodell", you meant "the NFL team owners", then Goodell is doing his job and is worth every penny they pay him.

I think their plan is the same as every other owner--to make a ton of money and allow their owner friends to make a ton of money by moving wherever they want.

And if by "Goodell", you meant "the NFL team owners", then Goodell is doing his job and is worth every penny they pay him.

Is it weird to you that all of a sudden a bunch of people on here now think that the NFL determines where a team plays? It is kind of freaking me out. I thought after Ralph died everyone had a damn good understanding of how the process worked. Now we have people saying, "Goodell is going to move us."

Is it weird to you that all of a sudden a bunch of people on here now think that the NFL determines where a team plays? It is kind of freaking me out. I thought after Ralph died everyone had a damn good understanding of how the process worked. Now we have people saying, "Goodell is going to move us."

Have you cross-checked which posters are confused? I think you'll find a commonality among them...

Not to generalize, of course, but it's obvious that some folks were not involved in the discussions about how the NFL works.

we aren't moving

Have you cross-checked which posters are confused? I think you'll find a commonality among them...

Not to generalize, of course, but it's obvious that some folks were not involved in the discussions about how the NFL works.

I noticed a trend. It isn't everyone but it is a lot more than I expected.

You are 100% entitled to your opinion. I fully disagree with it. I believe the Pegula's have a plan for a downtown stadium to join their ever expanding complex of properties already there. It is my opinion that they will not allow the team to move, even if others associated with the NFL would pressure them to do so. Time will tell. But I personally feel no fear of the team moving like I did during the Ralph Wilson ownership.

You have a D1 college team in town. That's 6 dates. Stadium hockey game? College Bowl game? Monster trucks? Wrestlemania? They'll find stuff.

When I lived in WNY, Rich Stadium hosted quite a few summer concerts.

Yes, those threads were SO enlightening. I asked one simple question in that thread and all of you supposed pundits didn't even attempt to answer it. It turns out that, yes, El Pegual can own BOTH the Bills AND the Sabres at the same time due to a little know loophole (which may close in the future).