I don't buy the Bills aren't possibly moving

Why do you think the Pegula's seem to have no interest in building a new stadium?

When they purchased the team wasn't it contingent upon them doing so?

Because if you are interested in building a stadium downtown, and you yap about it, people who own the properties you need to build on suddenly quadruple their asking price. Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've been talking about a new stadium for over 10 years now.

They could have raised ticket prices $5-20 each depending on where the seats are way back then. Plus find ways to take percentages from here or there or whatever and start building a pot vs lining pockets with millions of dollars each year.

The city could have started a stadium tax so minimal you wouldn't notice.

But it sound to me there has been zero planning or effort to gain a new stadium. If this team would have done that I bet they could have in more than half way paid off. Paid for....

They could have raised ticket prices $5-20 each depending on where the seats are way back then. Plus find ways to take percentages from here or there or whatever and start building a pot vs lining pockets with millions of dollars each year.

But it sound to me there has been zero planning or effort to gain a new stadium. If this team would have done that I bet they could have in more than half way paid off. Paid for....

Not to take cheap shots....but:

1) these owners were not in place 10 years ago

2) Ralph may have lined his pockets and cut corners, only to give most of it back. You can see that as you like, but it's not cheap and evil.

3) I actually like that there has been little for us to hear about their plans, that is as it should be at this point.

4) I'm pretty sure the multi-billionaire owners have given this some thought and are not just stumbling blindly down the road. It will all evolve on their time schedule. They have about 6 years on the lease? What's the rush? In the meantime, acquire properties downtown and quietly execute the plan.

Pegs do not need to save their nickels for a stadium fund. They already have enough liquid cash then half the countries in the world. They will not have any problem forking over their share for the stadium when the time comes. I mean they wrote a check for 1.4 billion to buy the team. No loan! No financing! No interest! They are pocketing yearly profit from Bills.

Edited by cba fan

I don't give a damn what Terry and Kim say. I guess some of you still believe the media and in Santa and the easter bunny. Buffalo aka WNY, can NOT afford a new stadium, sorry no. Fans in WNY can't afford PSL's and jacked up ticket prices, parking prices etc.

Now all of a sudden the NFL dude says its right for the Pegulas to back off working on a new stadium for awhile? Sorry folks am an old realist and right now, in light of THREE Teams moving, I say the plan is to move to Toronto.

The NFL wants a team there badly, they can support the new stadium, will pay to get the Bills there and it makes the NFL more money. If you buy this Bull crap of "oh they have the greatest fans, they have history there blah blah blah" I don't know what to tell you.

The NFL does not give one S#@! about us the fans, they don't care about the history of Buffalo. They care about money, and if they get a new stadium in a big new market by moving the Bills, the Bills are gonna move no matter what the Pegulas say publicly.

No go ahead and rant and whatnot on this thread, it won't matter in the long run if you do or don't. I am just looking at a financial reality with the NFL, and the WNY market.

Lol...get out of fantasy land...a mind really is a terrible thing to waste.

Not to take cheap shots....but:

1) these owners were not in place 10 years ago

2) Ralph may have lined his pockets and cut corners, only to give most of it back. You can see that as you like, but it's not cheap and evil.

3) I actually like that there has been little for us to hear about their plans, that is as it should be at this point.

4) I'm pretty sure the multi-billionaire owners have given this some thought and are not just stumbling blindly down the road. It will all evolve on their time schedule. They have about 6 years on the lease? What's the rush? In the meantime, acquire properties downtown and quietly execute the plan.

Just saying there could have been a plan in place many years ago that could have been passed down.

You have to start somewhere. This is a small market which means it won't come easy, or if ever. Which means Buffalo could lose its team. That being the case. $10-15 on average a ticket plus finding othe means of savings and fundraising, taxes etc over a 10-15 years ago we wouldn't be talking about the burden and how hard it would be on the city.

It's what Blue collar people do, think 5 steps ahead and plan.

My dad was a huge fan of Oakland back in the 70s then they moved. He said it was never the same. Now look they're off again. They've had 2 times to get it right, but "couldn't find the funds". I just think it's lack of planning and desire

Just saying there could have been a plan in place many years ago that could have been passed down.

You have to start somewhere. This is a small market which means it won't come easy, or if ever. Which means Buffalo could lose its team. That being the case. $10-15 on average a ticket plus finding othe means of savings and fundraising, taxes etc over a 10-15 years ago we wouldn't be talking about the burden and how hard it would be on the city.

My dad was a huge fan of Oakland back in the 70s then they moved. He said it was never the same. Now look they're off again. They've had 2 times to get it right, but "couldn't find the funds". I just think it's lack of planning and desire

I understand that's what blue collar people do. The Pegulas are not blue collar people. They can stroke the billion dollar check we only dream of (or pay the $30+ NSF fee if we decide to be silly).

That's what Raiders do. They take your money then move to a new area. The nomads of the West Coast.

:bag::oops: it wasn't that funny on a second read

Guys I wasn't trying to cause issues, but this is a board for ALL Opinions. It is still my opinion, thats all it is, that until there is an actual stadium in place the Bills can move. I still don't like the fact the NFL is ok with the Bills holding off on building or making plans to build, after a multi year hard press including last year.

Again, not being a jerk or trying to be, its just as I see it right now and I honest to God hope I am completely wrong. I apologize if this post, or my opinion, caused unneeded stress or angst.

Edited by KellyToughII

Guys I wasn't trying to cause issues, but this is a board for ALL Opinions. It is still my opinion, thats all it is, that until there is an actual stadium in place the Bills can move. I still don't like the fact the NFL is ok with the Bills holding off on building or making plans to build, after a multi year hard press including last year.

Again, not being a jerk or trying to be, its just as I see it right now and I honest to God hope I am completely wrong. Sorry if this caused unneeded stress or angst.

Perhaps you came off as too strident. I just think given all they're doing in the city and with Kim having local ties they are committed to WNY.

Perhaps you came off as too strident. I just think given all they're doing in the city and with Kim having local ties they are committed to WNY.

Maybe so, again I apologize. I like the Pegulas, but unfortunately money talks, and I don't see Buffalo / WNY being able to afford a new stadium and the prices / Taxes that go with it.

Maybe so, again I apologize. I like the Pegulas, but unfortunately money talks, and I don't see Buffalo / WNY being able to afford a new stadium and the prices / Taxes that go with it.

i think a big part of the problems across two boards now concerning this topic is that you keep insisting the people of wny just can't afford the new stadium. there's no basis for this, as far as i know, you've never been to this area, yet even when evidence against what you state is shown, you keep pushing the idea. it's ok to have opinions, but you least have to have some info to at least back them up.

i think a big part of the problems across two boards now concerning this topic is that you keep insisting the people of wny just can't afford the new stadium. there's no basis for this, as far as i know, you've never been to this area, yet even when evidence against what you state is shown, you keep pushing the idea. it's ok to have opinions, but you least have to have some info to at least back them up.

Been there many times. I see and hear fans bitching about ticket prices, elected officials saying they have given enough to pro sports etc. Maybe they can, I just hope the average fan in WNY can afford the additional taxes levied on them, PSL's, and higher parking, concession and ticket prices. If they can, kick ass!

Personally I say put more money into the current stadium and tell the NFL and their money making machine to go pound sand. Or if the NFL wants it so bad, then let them fund the damn thing. But that is just me.

Been there many times. I see and hear fans bitching about ticket prices, elected officials saying they have given enough to pro sports etc. Maybe they can, I just hope the average fan in WNY can afford the additional taxes levied on them, PSL's, and higher parking, concession and ticket prices. If they can, kick ass!

Personally I say put more money into the current stadium and tell the NFL and their money making machine to go pound sand. Or if the NFL wants it so bad, then let them fund the damn thing. But that is just me.

if the bills just wanted to upgrade the existing stadium, i'd be more than fine with that. that being said, i've never seen fans complain about ticket prices...ever. they may complain that since the bills are bad it's not worth the money, but the tickets are so wildly inexpensive, i think more than enough of the population could afford a hike.

if the bills just wanted to upgrade the existing stadium, i'd be more than fine with that. that being said, i've never seen fans complain about ticket prices...ever. they may complain that since the bills are bad it's not worth the money, but the tickets are so wildly inexpensive, i think more than enough of the population could afford a hike.

Cool, I certainly hope so. This moving established teams BS is just that.

We can definitely afford it...the tax load is actually quite low (a grand total of $300 per county resident, which would probably be broken out over a decade). From there, we're pulling from 3 million people in Buffalo/Rochester/Southern Ontario, so the odds that 65k of them (around 2%) can afford PSLs, tickets, parking, etc. are incredibly high.

Again, not being a jerk or trying to be, its just as I see it right now and I honest to God hope I am completely wrong. I apologize if this post, or my opinion, caused unneeded stress or angst.

My issue with the original post is that there is nothing supporting it and a clear lack of understanding of the process. The Pegula's are the ONLY people that can move the Bills. It isn't the NFL; it is Kim and Terry. If you believe that they are going to move the team from the city that they own another team and massive real estate development projects, I don't know what to tell you.

In terms of "affording" it there have been numerous threads (including the new stadium thread on page 1) that explain what we are talking about. The reason that the Bills have spent 15 years regionlizing is to prepare for that moment. There will be zero issues in getting that done. The research has been done and the Bills know EXACTLY what needs to happen to be viable long-term in WNY.