So who's going to be the #2 QB?

Rubes

Still wondering who will be backing up TT. Decent chance he'll be called upon to win us a couple of games, so we need someone who isn't a raw talent.

Who do we end up with as the (presumably) veteran backup?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Case Keenum would be my best guess if we don't draft a rookie QB early in the draft. Cardale Jones and him would fight for the backup spot. Colin Kaepernick is a long shot, but not completely out of the question.

Case Keenum would be my best guess if we don't draft a rookie QB early in the draft. Cardale Jones and him would fight for the backup spot. Colin Kaepernick is a long shot, but not completely out of the question.

I would draft Chad Kelly in a later round and let him battle with C Jones for backup.

Still wondering who will be backing up TT. Decent chance he'll be called upon to win us a couple of games, so we need someone who isn't a raw talent.

Who do we end up with as the (presumably) veteran backup?

A rookie is the only backup the Bills should have. You DO NOT get a "veteran" backup when you don't even have a franchise QB.

I don't understand why people still don't get it...

Edited by Beef Jerky

Cardale Jones. The same way Whaley pushed Manuel, is the same way I think he'll push Cardale.

I loved the pick when it came down. I think he has a lot of potential.

That being said, if Whaley doesn't draft a QB I think it will be a big endorsement of Cardale.

I would draft Chad Kelly in a later round and let him battle with C Jones for backup.

I agree

If Logan Thomas stays on the roster , he can QB temp. also

Edited by ALF

Tyrod

I doubt it but if they draft a QB early, it's possible that he shows better in camp and could be better than TT in preseason and could win the job.

Nobody on this coaching staff is tied to TT and if they feel they could win with somebody other than him, they aren't obligated to "give" him the job.

I'm sold that they are picking Watson if he is available. I said all along Rex and TT took the heat for last seasons failure and the benching/bridge contract are a sign of an organization that doesn't believe in their QB.

Watson is everything EJ wasn't, his team won because of him, EJ's lost because of him. Mahomes seems to be a little less polished coming out. Kizer represents too much of what failed with Manuel (perfect QB body without the results). The more I think about it the more I think it's Watson, I don't love it but I will remain hopeful if it happens.

The bridge needs to lead somewhere and this is my best guess.

Edited by Commonsense